KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » PISless Superman vs PISless Martian Manhunter

PISless Superman vs PISless Martian Manhunter
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

I agree with everything Juntai has said so far.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 01:50 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
He can't read Clark's mind, enter it, or detect him if Clark doesn't want him to.

yea k.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 01:54 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Hasn't Clark allowed MM to enter his mind in order to test whether or he could force Jonnz out?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 02:16 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Someone posted a scan of Martian Manhunter telling Superman he can't enter his mind because it is too formidable or some shit like that.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 02:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
paisapower

[QUOTE=13516839]Originally posted by DARTH POWER
[B](You forgot Intangibility.. TP and Phasing can easily be 2 HUGE deal breakers. Especially when we're talking about one of the most powerful telepaths in comics, who also has enough strength and speed to go toe to toe with Supes without TP or Phasing..)

Didnt forget, Intangibility wont work so well since Supes can also go intangible via speed and has affected intangible beings with heat vision

Last edited by paisapower on Aug 29th, 2011 at 03:06 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 03:00 AM
paisapower is currently offline Click here to Send paisapower a Private Message Find more posts by paisapower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Juntai
He can't read Clark's mind, enter it, or detect him if Clark doesn't want him to.
what if he punches him a few hundred times beforehand?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 03:04 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

PISless Flash comes in, and kills them both. Lol just kidding, but seriously he would....anyway Supes heat vision is no bueno for MM right?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 03:14 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

wasn't there some form of kryptonian meditation Clark knew or something to stop TP also Super-concentration ftw

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 05:25 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Someone posted a scan of Martian Manhunter telling Superman he can't enter his mind because it is too formidable or some shit like that.

The only times Jonn has had issues with Supes in regards to Tp is when he is entering Supes mind as a favour or some other entity is affecting Supes mind.

I can think of three examples of the top of my head when Jonn has messed with Supes head with no visible effort.

These threads are pointless. The logical/intelligent posters always back Jonn, while the ignorant/fanboys will always go with big blue, and you just can't change that.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 08:14 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Martian_mind
The only times Jonn has had issues with Supes in regards to Tp is when he is entering Supes mind as a favour or some other entity is affecting Supes mind.

I can think of three examples of the top of my head when Jonn has messed with Supes head with no visible effort.

These threads are pointless. The logical/intelligent posters always back Jonn, while the ignorant/fanboys will always go with big blue, and you just can't change that.
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 08:24 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Martian_mind
These threads are pointless. The logical/intelligent posters always back Kang, while the ignorant/fanboys will always go with latverian dude, and you just can't change that.

True that MM, true that...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 08:27 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

MM beats supes.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 08:55 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by paisapower

Didnt forget, Intangibility wont work so well since Supes can also go intangible via speed and has affected intangible beings with heat vision

Well SBP's HV went right through an Intangible MM, so that would suggest the Supes HV would have no effect either.

As for Supes Intangibility, how many times has he even used that?? Im guessing he cant do it with the same ease as MM.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 11:09 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well SBP's HV went right through an Intangible MM, so that would suggest the Supes HV would have no effect either.

As for Supes Intangibility, how many times has he even used that?? Im guessing he cant do it with the same ease as MM.

This is CIS off Superman, so how many times he's done it is irrelevant.
Also, he can do it probably with greater ease (or speed) than MM. He became intangible almost instantaneously against ultra fast attacks of DD.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 04:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

MM, He could go toe to toe with Supes physically and it won't be easy for supes to keep his head in the fight while he is being mentally assaulted at the same time.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 05:06 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by psycho gundam
what if he punches him a few hundred times beforehand?
Then he can enter his head through his face.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 06:05 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

has mm ever used tp while phased? has he ever used tp while physically hammering away at someone? seems he MUST have, but most times i recall him really going hardcore tp, he's off in the distance, or out of the battle, concentrating on his tp as opposed to multi-tasking with it. i'm sure if someone reminds me, i'll recall several times it happened, but off-hand i can't really think of any times.

even if he DID use tp, it seems to me, given their past showings, that it could stagger jonn as easily as it could clark. the force of being thrown out of supes' head could just as easily leave jonn open to supes's attacks.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 06:14 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by leonidas
has mm ever used tp while phased? has he ever used tp while physically hammering away at someone? seems he MUST have, but most times i recall him really going hardcore tp, he's off in the distance, or out of the battle, concentrating on his tp as opposed to multi-tasking with it. i'm sure if someone reminds me, i'll recall several times it happened, but off-hand i can't really think of any times.

even if he DID use tp, it seems to me, given their past showings, that it could stagger jonn as easily as it could clark. the force of being thrown out of supes' head could just as easily leave jonn open to supes's attacks.
This sounds reasonable. Too reasonable. Stop it.

I also think that J'onn could use less overt telepathy. I agree outright controlling Superman is a risky proposition, but more subtle uses (like illusions) might be less prone to feedback.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 10:10 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by h1a8

I think it does. If most writers dnt write him that way, and he's only ever done it once or twice in his history, then I think we can question if its still part of his current powerset.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 10:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by h1a8
Also, he can do it probably with greater ease (or speed) than MM. He became intangible almost instantaneously against ultra fast attacks of DD.
Pis off.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 10:17 PM