KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Byakuya vs Soifon

Byakuya vs Soifon
Started by: EvilAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Byakuya vs Soifon

Kuchiki Byakuya

(please log in to view the image)

vs

Soifon

(please log in to view the image)

Takes place in fake Karakura town.

I'm also going to say Reigai arc feats allowed (Anime), simply because I cannot recall another instance in which Soifon uses shunko.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 02:44 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I think this has been made.

I'll need to go look. ^^

And it has been.

But who cares?

Uhh.....I'm not sure.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 03:02 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Yeah, but that thread doesn't include the regai arc. Which if you include (points to opening post), may alter things a little.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 11:46 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Not for me cause I didn't watch it! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 01:22 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

So most people think Soifon wins?

Oh... well that's not what I was expecting. Pff, now I still have nothing to do D=

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 01:44 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Eh, I suppose. I think it could go either way. But that is just me.

Make another thread? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 01:47 PM
Q99

Huh, I'd bet on Byakuya pretty solidly honestly. They both have speed (meaning the odds of him getting double-tapped are low) but he's the more well-rounded, and her bankai is nigh-useless against a foe like him.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 02:26 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

^thumb up

Moot speed, hard for Shikai to work on him and a near useless Bankai. Doubt shunko covers the gap between them, so Kuchiki takes it.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 05:41 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Huh, I'd bet on Byakuya pretty solidly honestly. They both have speed (meaning the odds of him getting double-tapped are low) but he's the more well-rounded, and her bankai is nigh-useless against a foe like him.

Both have speed, this I agree with. However it's not as though their speed is equal. Byakuya was out maneuvered by Yoruichi carrying Ichigo.

Soifon soon after held her own pretty solidly against Yoruichi speed wise.

She was able to land plenty of marks on Yoruichi. I don't find it overly unlikely she can replicate this on Byakuya, even getting the fatal second tap.

And yeah. I'm really not sure what to think of her Bankai. It seems even worse than Komamura 's. Well.. somewhat.

His bankai does... complicate things.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 07:07 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Though wasn't Yoruichi messing with her in that fight? Later Soi-Fon attacks her and she just grabs her hand with ease.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 07:11 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Cat fight. Hellz yeah.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 07:12 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Nephthys
Though wasn't Yoruichi messing with her in that fight? Later Soi-Fon attacks her and she just grabs her hand with ease.

It seems based on her performance later in the series this might have been the case. However during the fight itself she seems genuinely surprised at soifons abilities and how they have grown. Ergo I'm not convinced she was really. It's possible her later performance is the result of training.

Her grabbing her hand was due to her overpowering Soifon with Shunko. It does not at all seem to be speed related, but power.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 07:16 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Wont be easy dealing with a couple million blades flying around.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 07:19 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by EvilAngel

She was able to land plenty of marks on Yoruichi. I don't find it overly unlikely she can replicate this on Byakuya, even getting the fatal second tap.

Get some hits, sure, but it'll be quite some effort before she'll be able to manage that second one, and Soi'll suffer plenty of hits too.

quote:

And yeah. I'm really not sure what to think of her Bankai. It seems even worse than Komamura 's. Well.. somewhat.

His bankai does... complicate things.

It has it's uses- it'd be great for wiping out an army, or a single hard target (like Barragan). It's just not for duels in the slightest. Which, considering she's otherwise specced out very well for such fights, has a kind of balance to it.

And aside from bankai, there's also kido, which he's better at.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 08:05 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Q99
Get some hits, sure, but it'll be quite some effort before she'll be able to manage that second one, and Soi'll suffer plenty of hits too.

Well there's no chance of either willing without some effort I think.

But I do believe her speed would suffice enough to get a second hit. Certainly in a shikai fight to my mind.

Originally posted by Q99
It has it's uses- it'd be great for wiping out an army, or a single hard target (like Barragan). It's just not for duels in the slightest. Which, considering she's otherwise specced out very well for such fights, has a kind of balance to it.

And aside from bankai, there's also kido, which he's better at.

Perhaps. It's power is certainly pretty impressive, but I would like to see more to it. At the moment it seems.... well very avoidable.

Perhaps, only certainly so by feats. What I mean to say is he does not know Shunko. Which if I recall correctly is highly advanced kido harnessed for hand to hand combat. While she made be less able in higher number kido, her proficiency for the art is potentially greater than his.

That said I am having a hard time thinking of her being hit with one.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 01:33 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Soi Fon gets her ass kicked.

Speed wise, she edges out Byakuya, but that won't matter if she isn't as powerful, or cunning at tactics.

Her bankai is a joke, Byakuya would yawn at how slow it is. Plus if Byakuya is forced to go bankai, she won't get away from all those blades.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 02:57 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

She isn't as powerful how?

Physically she is more so than him. Close quarters for him would be a nightmare, and ultimately a defeat. That much I think is a given.

Because she is notably faster his 'range advantage' as some dub it would be difficult to maintain

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 12:05 PM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

There is no indication she is stronger than him? Physically, or otherwise.

H2H combat, yeah, I'm sure she would win. But Byakuya is one of the best swordsmen in SS, and I doubt he'll resort to going to h2h combat. After all, that's not what the thread was about.

The only captains I see Soifon beating is Hitsugya, Kurosutchi, and probably Komamura.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 12:51 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Soifon is definitely physically stronger than Sea Shell Head (SSH).

She is also faster. I would put her speed around Yoruichi's level. We have that fight that they did because Yoru had not seriously fought for decades in her human form. She was, imo, rusty. I think Kubo was trying to convey that. Now...after Yoru has had some practice and apparently trained to use those special "boots an gloves" against Aizen, I would say Yoru has her stride back and is definitely faster than Yoru.

That said, I think SSH can move his petals fast enough to take out Soifon without issue. He would have to use his hands (that doubles the speed, apparently). I say SSH wins 8 out of 10 times. His petals are fast enough to both protect and take her out. Ichigo should be retardedly faster than Soifon and Yoru when he's in his initial bankai form.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 01:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Thoren
There is no indication she is stronger than him? Physically, or otherwise.

H2H combat, yeah, I'm sure she would win. But Byakuya is one of the best swordsmen in SS, and I doubt he'll resort to going to h2h combat. After all, that's not what the thread was about.

The only captains I see Soifon beating is Hitsugya, Kurosutchi, and probably Komamura.

Actually in reigai arc she took Komamura's attack head on and drew equal. Reinforcing the data book's reading of both being 100 in physical strength. However unrealistic it can seem at times, it stands to good reason the captain of the onmitsukido, who would be one of the most adept in hand to hand would possess formidable physical power.

You think Byakuya is a better swordsman than Kenpachi or Yamamoto? He's probably not even as good as Ukitaku, Kyoraku, Unohana or Urahara. Most of who simply lack feats.

I see her as about the 7th strongest overall. But that's another topic.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 01:21 PM