KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive 5
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
That would make sense if you actually had someting to critique, in which you don't.

So are you saying that they can?

You're factually wrong here. The trailer exists. Their product can be critiqued. Your personal decision to refrain from the critique has no bearing on that fact.

I'm saying it's irrelevant.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 01:57 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You guys should make a battlezone and get it over with.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 02:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by StyleTime
You're factually wrong here. The trailer exists. Their product can be critiqued. Your personal decision to refrain from the critique has no bearing on that fact.

You literally got nothing to critique. All you got is a video of an unfinished game in development that barely shows anything. You haven't played the game and I doubt you know anybody who has.

Or are you trying to say that the developers are lazy for showing a trailer of a game they clearly showed was unfinished?

I'm saying it's irrelevant.

No, it is relevant. You're saying "early=/=no changes", basically saying it should show you more stuff, no matter how early it is in development. The reality is that it takes time for that but you ignore that fact. So I'm just asking, are you saying people can make games instantly?

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Hey, it's a discussion about the game, right?

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 21st, 2011 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 02:29 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

No it isn't.

Edit: Guess I'll be out of this thread for a while.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 21st, 2011 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 02:33 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

You literally got nothing to critique. All you got is a video of an unfinished game in development that barely shows anything. You haven't played the game and I doubt you know anybody who has.
Or are you trying to say that the developers are lazy for showing a trailer of a game they clearly showed was unfinished?

No, it is relevant. You're saying it should show you a lot of stuff, no matter how early it is in development. The reality is that it takes time for that but you ignore that fact. So I'm just asking, are you saying it's possible to make a game instantly?

Again, here are the facts: There is a trailer. I can critique the contents therein.

Nothing you said refutes the fact that it's irrelevant. I never said it should show us a "lot of stuff" btw.
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Can we do that with something like this?

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 21st, 2011 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 02:36 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Again, here are the facts. There is a trailer. I can critique the contents therein.

Umm...no. That's not what you're doing.

Nothing you said refutes the fact that it's irrelevant. I never said it should show us a "lot of stuff."

You basically did. Remember, you said "early=/=no changes" and the fact there wasn't any changes means that it's a flaw. In otherwords, there should have been more things to show.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 21st, 2011 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 02:52 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

But that's not what you're doing.

You basically did. Remember, you said "early=/=no changes" and the fact there wasn't any changes means that it's a flaw. In otherwords, there should have been more things to show.

That's what I was doing before we got caught up on this pages long funny business.

Ok. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Let me clarify. While "early=/=no changes" is true, it's not the "lack of things" that I consider the flaw. I simply pointed out that it didn't show us much. The fact that the game looks too much like DOA4 is the flaw I take issue with. If that doesn't bother you, cool. It bothers me.

Can we wrap this up now?

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 21st, 2011 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 02:59 AM
Bro SMASH

That's what I was doing before we got caught up on this pages long funny business.

Just go to my next part on this post.

Ok. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Let me clarify. While "early=/=no changes" is true, it's not the "lack of things" that I consider the flaw. I simply pointed out that it didn't show us much. The fact the game looks too much like DOA4 is the flaw I take issue with. If that doesn't bother you, cool. It bothers me.

Can we wrap this up now?

"Early=/=no changes" is not true.

Wait, it "looks" too much like DOA4? That's still not a good reason. You gotta keep in mind that this is the pre-alpha stages of the game. That kind of stage, in which all we can do is see it, isn't gonna show us everything to come in the future. So that's still not a flaw. That's what I'm telling you. No matter what, it still falls into the same reasoning; it's still in the pre-alpha stages.

I can wrap this up if we both can understand each other.

Look, all I'm saying is wait. At this point, we got nothing to go on. Wait till' it evolved beyond it's current stages, then we can come up with something for it.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 21st, 2011 at 03:35 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 03:21 AM
NemeBro

I have been fapping so hard to the posts in this thread.

I thought you all should know.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 03:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

"Early=/=no changes" is not true.

Wait, it "looks" too much like DOA4? That's still not a good reason. You gotta keep in mind that this is the pre-alpha stages of the game. That kind of stage, in which all we can do is see it, isn't gonna show us everything to come in the future. So that's still not a flaw. That's what I'm telling you. No matter what, it still falls into the same reasoning; it's still in the pre-alpha stages.

I can wrap this up if we both can understand each other.

Yes, it is. DOA5 could have been about a salamander from day 1. There you go. Early change.

When I said looks, I meant the looks of the gameplay. If I find fault with that, then it is a flaw. The fact that it can change does not matter. A broken arm can heal, but it is still broken before then. This is simple.

You don't seem to understand me yet. I seriously thought this was nearing its end.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I have been fapping so hard to the posts in this thread.

I thought you all should know.

I'd be disappointed if someone didn't get off on it honestly.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 21st, 2011 at 03:40 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 03:37 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 03:39 AM
StyleTime

I can't see the image.

For those of you still with us, here is some information from Hayashi about the revamped stage interaction in DOA5.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/20/d...r-st/#continued

"So in the past [Dead or Alive] games," Hayashi said, "most of the dangers were fixed, set areas on the stage that you can knock your opponent into -- and they were just set there, the stage didn't change a whole lot. If you watch the video from our press event, you can see the entire stage changing and taking a different shape, and all sorts of chaos happening." You'll be able to trigger changes to the "geometry" of stages in addition to moving up, down, and through them.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 03:42 AM
Bro SMASH

Yes, it is. DOA5 could have been about a salamander from day 1. There you go. Early change.

Except in this case, we're talking about a game changing on an EXISTING engine so that's not the same thing.

You need to understand what kind of changes I'm talking about. What you're saying is: making something completely unrelated and slapping another title on it=change.

But that's not true because that's like saying Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 "changed" from Super Mario Bros.

When I said looks, I meant the looks of the gameplay. If I find fault with that, then it is a flaw. The fact that it can change does not matter. A broken arm can heal, but it is still broken before then. This is simple.

Yes, you said "looks" of the gameplay, meaning you didn't actually play it. You can't say it's the same if all you did was just look at it while it's still in development.

You don't seem to understand me yet. I seriously thought this was nearing its end.

Look, if you don't wanna listen to me, fine. I was trying to make some sense out of this but it's very difficult and tiresome.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 21st, 2011 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 05:39 AM
StyleTime

Except in this case, we're talking about a game changing on an EXISTING engine so that's not the same thing.You need to understand what kind of changes I'm talking about. What you're saying is: making something completely unrelated and slapping another title on it=change. But that's not true because that's like saying Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 "changed" from Super Mario Bros.

Yes, you said "looks" of the gameplay, meaning you didn't actually play it. You can't say it's the same if all you did was just look at it while it's still in development.

Look, if you don't wanna listen to me, fine. I was trying to make some sense out of this but it's very difficult and tiresome.

Yes, I used an absurd example for comedy. The point is still there.

Yes, it was an observation. I've said that from the get go.

I have listened to you. You don't think it's cause for concern and that's fine. I do though, and I will continue to discuss it with whoever wants to. You are free to ignore us.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:30 AM
Bro SMASH

Or we can just talk about something that I DO feel comfortable with.

Itagaki would probably hate me for this but is there anyone else other than me who play DOA4 with Tekken soundtracks?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:53 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Cojones.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:57 AM
StyleTime

@ BroSMASH. I did like the DOA4 soundtrack. It wasn't the best of the series, but Tekken's doesn't fit to me.

And Tekken 6's was mostly just bad.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 21st, 2011 at 07:04 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:57 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You really can't see my image

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:59 AM
StyleTime

Yeah, it says "the image can't be displayed for the moment."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 07:03 AM
Bro SMASH

You starting another argument, BroSMASH? stick out tongue

shifty

I did like the DOA4 soundtrack though. It wasn't the best of the series, but Tekken's doesn't fit to me.

And Tekken 6's was mostly just bad.

Yeah, I didn't quite like Tekken 6's either.

I like the DOA3 and 4 soundtracks. Some of those themes are pretty good but they're just too specific for me. You can pretty much match each character with their themes while hardly even knowing them.

Tekken Tag's soundtrack (which I think is the best Tekken soundtrack along with Tekken 3) can match with any game similar to it. You can put them with both DOA and VF and it still seems fitting.

I guess when DOA5 comes out, I'll use the Tekken Tag 2 soundtrack while playing it. big grin

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 07:13 AM