KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Thor 2

Thor 2
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Thor 2

Seems about time to give this an official thread.

Some breaking news today that hasn't been confirmed - Patty Jenkins (Monster) is in negotiations to direct the sequel now!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15722734/

I say, WTF? What the f**k?

What happened to Brian Kirk (Game Of Thrones) succeeding Kenneth Branagh in the director's chair, and just what do they expect Patty Jenkins to bring to this?
Just because she directed one good indie film eight years ago...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 09:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope its a rumor.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 08:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Hopefully it's just a lot of talk.

If Kirk isn't on board, maybe Marvel is still looking to bring Branagh back to the director's chair...(crosses fingers)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 03:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Chris Hemsworth on Patty Jenkins and Thor 2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...kins-and-thor-2

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 07:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I know this fits the pattern of the past several years, getting indie directors to come take on these projects to give them a unique stamp.

But the idea that the sequel to Thor - being released by Walt Disney Pictures, where you expect the action to be ratcheted up after the introductions of the first film - is being directed by a woman who directed one other film about a female serial killer eight years ago...this picture doesn't add up, in my mind.

This is like the producers of James Bond hiring Marc Forster to direct Quantum Of Solace; oddball choice, and a mixed success.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 04:08 PM
Gustavo Fring
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
I know this fits the pattern of the past several years, getting indie directors to come take on these projects to give them a unique stamp.

But the idea that the sequel to Thor - being released by Walt Disney Pictures, where you expect the action to be ratcheted up after the introductions of the first film - is being directed by a woman who directed one other film about a female serial killer eight years ago...this picture doesn't add up, in my mind.

This is like the producers of James Bond hiring Marc Forster to direct Quantum Of Solace; oddball choice, and a mixed success.

Maybe the Enchantress is the villian?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 11:37 PM
Gustavo Fring is currently offline Click here to Send Gustavo Fring a Private Message Find more posts by Gustavo Fring Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Disney has been moving around release dates, likely due to the fighting over The Lone Ranger. Thor 2 now scheduled for four months later - Nov 15 2013.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/...thor-2-get.html

I think this is good news, actually. Summer has gotten so crowded, and now Thor can own the Thanksgiving holiday slot.

And Patty Jenkins is confirmed to direct. Still don't really get what she brings to the table...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 10:12 PM
Senor Cage

she could very well be a versatile director. dont knock her yet.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 03:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not sure how i feel about patty jenkins directing as well as the new release date.. i hope she doesn't frack it up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 04:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Prep-Man
she could very well be a versatile director. dont knock her yet.

Perhaps. She must have really impressed in the interview.

There's already speculation she would bring Charlize Theron on board as the Enchantress. But Alice Eve is in a closer age group.

Personally, Charlize Theron as Hela would be really intriguing...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 07:03 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kenneth Branagh Shares Why He Is Not Directing Thor 2

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/...r/news/?a=49816

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 07:51 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Kenneth Branagh Shares Why He Is Not Directing Thor 2

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/...r/news/?a=49816

Unfortunate, but glad to hear Branagh had a great time and would do another one, if he could. I hope him staying on as a producer will be a help to our new director.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 04:13 PM
Squirrel Fart

Thor wasnt very good. Branagh did a shitty job, besides from the few cool parts the movie is horrible with its lame jokes and gags. I am happy to see a new director and Monster is a great movie. I have high hopes!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 04:21 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Charlize Theron

(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 04:09 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by The Nuul
Thor wasnt very good. Branagh did a shitty job, besides from the few cool parts the movie is horrible with its lame jokes and gags. I am happy to see a new director and Monster is a great movie. I have high hopes!

It was more then just "was'nt very good" it was great alot better then some other crap that gets released.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 07:22 AM
Darth Thor

Thor wasnt very good. Branagh did a shitty job,

That must be the reason it was a big success.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 04:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Kazenji
It was more then just "was'nt very good" it was great alot better then some other crap that gets released.

GL stank and Thor is in the same boat.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 04:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Hit vs Flop. Yeah I can see why you would put them in the same boat.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 04:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Whatever.

Patty Jenkins has to prove she can handle something of this scope for the sequel. I would like to see more of Asgard, the landscapes, rather than just the throne rooms again.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 10:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just keep thinking like that in your little world of yours.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 06:59 AM