KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Thor 2

Thor 2
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lol more people watched Zod than Khan. Khan was a loser who got his as handed to him by Spock and Uhura laughing out loud

Star Wars success is all in the franchise. Nothing to do with Abrams. But if Episose 7 fails to beat TDK and TDKR then that will prove what a loser Abrams really is! Nolan will be laughing at him all the way to the bank! laughing out loud
How do you know that ?

Khan survived whereas Zod was beaten by Jor and Kal and fairly. Khan wrecked Spock on his own and his blood resurrected people.

Choosing him to direct is a huge accomplishment to Abrams. Do you think movie studios let anyone direct ? I mean what planet are you from ? I guess movie directors don't matter at all to you. Simpleton.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 09:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
How do you know that ?

Khan survived whereas Zod was beaten by Jor and Kal and fairly. Khan wrecked Spock on his own and his blood resurrected people.

Lol Yeah Khan was able to beat a Vulcan WOOP!

All it took was back up from Uhura to put down Khan laughing out loud

Choosing him to direct is a huge accomplishment to Abrams. Do you think movie studios let anyone direct ? I mean what planet are you from ? I guess movie directors don't matter at all to you. Simpleton.

Doesn't matter. Fact is his film went head to head with Synder's and we all saw what happened there laughing

New Star Trek is a Joke to DC.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 10:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bats2jm

Doesn't matter. Fact is his film went head to head with Synder's and we all saw what happened there laughing

A joke really and by the way what does any of this have to do with Thor 2 just wondering?

Last edited by bats2jm on Nov 29th, 2013 at 03:56 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:53 AM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by bats2jm
A joke really and by the way what does any of this have to do with Thor 2 just wondering?

Nothing THOR 2 was AWESOME!

Only complaint was not enough of Odin showing how Powerful he is. And I want to know how the heck [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Loki did with Odin, and HOW?

The whole tangent joking/trolling began with this:

Its a mega hit so your opinion is hilarious. Whatever marvel is doing dc wishes they could be half as successful. It's like comparing men to children at this point.

Quachi brough up how Marvel is beating DC for no apparent reason, so to troll back I brought up how DC is beating the new Star Trek.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quanchi is a new ST fanboy.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 29th, 2013 at 08:48 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 08:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

People are allowed to like or dislike Thor 2. Titanic was a mega hit and I hated all 3 hours of it. Please respect the opinion of others. And this thread isn't a DC vs Marvel movie(s) thread. So people need to stop the trolling.

As for Thor 2, I give it 3.5 out 5 stars. The movie seemed like it was missing 15-20 minutes to flesh out the plot. Some parts were slow and others seemed rushed.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 04:02 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It took 8 blasts, a weapon, and three times human strength with the element of surprise.

These films aren't compared to each other.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 12:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Badabing
People are allowed to like or dislike Thor 2. Titanic was a mega hit and I hated all 3 hours of it. Please respect the opinion of others. And this thread isn't a DC vs Marvel movie(s) thread. So people need to stop the trolling.

As for Thor 2, I give it 3.5 out 5 stars. The movie seemed like it was missing 15-20 minutes to flesh out the plot. Some parts were slow and others seemed rushed.

thumb up Same.

Also, a bit surprised this won't do more than domestically. Should be around 215M or so. And close to 650M WW.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 12:50 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I think it will finish at a little over 200million domestically and probably at 640 or so worldwide. Which imo is ridiculously good for a character who most considered B-level and had a November release. I think it could have hit 800 million during the summer time. Well, as long as it's a success and gets a sequel, I'm happy.

Can't believe a Thor movie released in November will finish at roughly the same level as Man of Steel. Hopefully the third movie will better and make a lot more money.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 03:31 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nah, November releases are fine and can make just as much money as any other time. Just look at Skyfall or even Catching Fire. The idea that TDW would make 150 million more if released in the summer is ludicrous especially since there is much more competition during that season.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 03:38 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by ares834
Nah, November releases are fine and can make just as much money as any other time. Just look at Skyfall or even Catching Fire. The idea that TDW would make 150 million more if released in the summer is ludicrous especially since there is much more competition during that season.

The same for the Hobbit, right? Once Hobbit hits, I think it will make over 1B. Just like the 1st one.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 03:48 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

BTW, MOS almost did 300M. Thor will struggle to hit 200M.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 03:49 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Golgo13
The same for the Hobbit, right? Once Hobbit hits, I think it will make over 1B. Just like the 1st one.

Yeah, I just refrained from using it as an example as it was a Dec release not a Nov. As for Desolation of Smaug, I'm not sure if it can break 1B. Generally the middle part of a "true" trilogy has the worst gross and the first Hobbit didn't have great reception. That said, this film does have Smaug and, for many people, that was the selling point for the Hobbit movies.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 04:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It also has Legolas.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 12:27 PM
bats2jm

Originally posted by Golgo13
BTW, MOS almost did 300M. Thor will struggle to hit 200M.

True but Thor 2 is doing better internally than MOS.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 06:10 PM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Thor has passed the $600 million dollar mark already, and has yet to open in japan....not that it will make 60 mil in japan, but still...it's very comparable overall to MOS, but cost less to make...

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 03:36 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Thor2 has pretty much matched MOS in box office earnings. Might even surpass it by a little. But looks to be pretty much on par with it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 05:14 PM
Femi32

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Thor has passed the $600 million dollar mark already, and has yet to open in japan....not that it will make 60 mil in japan, but still...it's very comparable overall to MOS, but cost less to make...

Didn't Iron Man 3 make $25 million in Japan. I don't see how Thor 2 makes more than that.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 05:39 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He didn't say it will make more than that. He just said it's performance is pretty much on par with MOS. Which it is.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 09:29 PM
Femi32

He didn't say it will make more than that. He just said it's performance is pretty much on par with MOS. Which it is.

You're right. Shame on me.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 06:59 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Brunhilde almost made the cut to be included in Thor: The Dark World. Some neat concept art here. Let's hope she makes it for Thor 3 (unless Joss Whedon gets her first for an Avengers movie! big grin )

http://screencrush.com/thor-2-conce...ack=fbshare_top

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 07:02 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote