KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why do people love X-Men :First Class

Why do people love X-Men :First Class
Started by: michelponting

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
michelponting

Why do people love X-Men :First Class

Hi guys,
If you watch this movie then please share with us, Why do people love X-Men :First Class ?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 10:00 AM
michelponting is currently offline Click here to Send michelponting a Private Message Find more posts by michelponting Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-24

It was refreshing to see everyone young and different from what they are like in the old x men movies. And I loved how all of them evolved so much by the end of the movie. That movie has everything: personal drama, social issues, relationships, friendship, and life choices. And it has very powerful and memorable scenes as well. I liked how it showed what made the characters who they are today.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 02:28 AM
X-24 is currently offline Click here to Send X-24 a Private Message Find more posts by X-24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tstarnes

There were parts I liked about it, but overall I don't get the love. I mean it wasn't bad, but no where close to X2.

Also, the whole cuban missle crisis thing was kinda dumb.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2011 08:03 PM
tstarnes is currently offline Click here to Send tstarnes a Private Message Find more posts by tstarnes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I dunno. This is the first X-Men movie that I feel actually rivals X2 United. Whether it's better is up to debate.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2011 08:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I dunno. This is the first X-Men movie that I feel actually rivals X2 United. Whether it's better is up to debate.

And I heard it was actually good. sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2011 03:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialbodies

While I loved it, you know what I think X-men First Class biggest problem was it didn't have any of the big name X-men in it like Jean, Scott, Ororo, or Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2011 03:48 PM
celestialbodies is currently offline Click here to Send celestialbodies a Private Message Find more posts by celestialbodies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by celestialbodies
While I loved it, you know what I think X-men First Class biggest problem was it didn't have any of the big name X-men in it like Jean, Scott, Ororo, or Wolverine.

There was a film that had just that - it was called X-Men, and it was released in 2000.

And since this is a prequel/reboot that deals with Professor X and Magneto as younger men, how are they supposed to have the aforementioned mutants when it was clearly before their time? Considering this has become a universe with virtually hundreds of mutant characters - and need fresh blood out there for new films - to stay with the same group every time out can't be expected.

Besides, the stars of this film were clearly Charles and Erik; James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender owned the screen when they were on.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 08:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

When I saw all the wolverine love in the second and third movies over Scott. I was pissed off. It was so much pandering to build up to the wolverine movie.

I honestly felt that first class was better than x1,2,3 and even the wolverine spinoff.

The redeeming nature of those other films was the night crawler fight.

Remember that the original x men were about five teenagers coming to grips with life. It was like a coming of age story which first class does better. Because it isn't trying to showcase the big actors it gets away with a little more.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 07:52 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I thought it was decent. Magneto and Xavier were well done. Shaw was okay too. The rest of the cast/acting was pretty bad though, probably the biggest shortfall of the film.

The plot/screenplay wasn't that good either IMO.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 08:12 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I thought it was pretty good, but some parts were better than others & I don't think it's very good as a prequel to the original X-Men trillogy. There's just loads of inconsistancies & contradictions.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 10:28 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I really enjoyed first class myself. It wasn't exactly the X Men film I wanted,then again none of them have been as a huge fan,but I liked it much better than X1,X3,Or XOW.
Why did I like it?
Not sure,other than it was exciting and I had fun watching it.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 10:51 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

After watching it, I can comfortably say that it's my favourite of all the X-Movies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 02:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

See? I knew even you would end up liking it. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 06:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

See? I knew even you would end up liking it. stick out tongue

It had Fassbender, it had McAvoy, and whatsername.

It was well-written, well acted, and all in all what an X-Men movie should be, imo.

Except Emma Frost. She was crap imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 06:34 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, they gave Emma a crappy role compared to almost everyone else, though her character did still have some charm for me in the movie. Her portrayal wasn't as bad as it could've been, I guess is what I'm saying.

Aside from her though, couldn't agree more on the film, and if they give us a nicely executed younger version of Cyclops in the sequel to this "prequel series", I'll easily forgive them not having Scott in First Class.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 06:51 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, they gave Emma a crappy role compared to almost everyone else, though her character did still have some charm for me in the movie. Her portrayal wasn't as bad as it could've been, I guess is what I'm saying.

Aside from her though, couldn't agree more on the film, and if they give us a nicely executed younger version of Cyclops in the sequel to this "prequel series", I'll easily forgive them not having Scott in First Class.

I didn't like the actress much either, tbh. I've steadily become a bigger Emma fan over the last few years, so I might be just a bit too picky.

Agreed. All I want is one, solid Cyclops portrayal in a movie. He was almost decent in the first movie, but yeah. He needs to have the role in the movie(s) that he does in the comics, is all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 07:21 AM
dyajeep

Originally posted by -Pr-
All I want is one, solid Cyclops portrayal in a movie.

^ this

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 09:31 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What was great about this movie is how it revolved around Charles and Eric, and the difference in the way they see the world.

Oh and it had actual "Actors", not "Stars". That was just great. It's my favorite X movie by far. In fact it's in my top 5 all time favorite superhero movies.

And I just can't wait for the sequel. It's going to be Epic!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 04:54 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialbodies

Originally posted by roughrider
There was a film that had just that - it was called X-Men, and it was released in 2000.

And since this is a prequel/reboot that deals with Professor X and Magneto as younger men, how are they supposed to have the aforementioned mutants when it was clearly before their time? Considering this has become a universe with virtually hundreds of mutant characters - and need fresh blood out there for new films - to stay with the same group every time out can't be expected.

Besides, the stars of this film were clearly Charles and Erik; James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender owned the screen when they were on.

You misunderstand if X-men the first film was given the treatment that XM-FC was then it would have been a much more successful movie because it included a group of characters people love and have a shared connection with. That's what I'm getting at change is good and I realize that but using characters that people are aware of Mystique, Beast, Prof.X, and Magneto notwithstanding would of only made a good movie great as long as the characters as a whole drive the plot versus one X-man as done with Wolverine in the X-Trilogy and thats my own personal opinion.

I thought XM-FC was an enormous step in the right direction but to gain the emotional depth that is the X-men you use the X-men and whether you agree or disagree with whose considered "X-men" that is up to you. But I think instead of a Prequel no matter how good it was the X-films in general would of benefitted greatly from a reboot and get to the heart of the characters.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2012 02:55 PM
celestialbodies is currently offline Click here to Send celestialbodies a Private Message Find more posts by celestialbodies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

One of the things I appreciated was that the movie reminded a lot of fans that even before the Avengers, the X-Men were a government team. They were a covert FBI sponsored-operation, using a government developed, classified training program from Children Of the Atom #1 Through Uncanny #46 when their FBI liaison and co-founder, Fred Duncan disbanded them.
A lot of people don't know that.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:29 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote