KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why do people love X-Men :First Class

Why do people love X-Men :First Class
Started by: michelponting

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Cold War makes everything better.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 03:12 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NeoTrinity

X-2 was better

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 09:55 AM
NeoTrinity is currently offline Click here to Send NeoTrinity a Private Message Find more posts by NeoTrinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nah.. None of the Originals even touch First Class Imho.

But X2 was the best of those first 3.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 02:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

First Class was the only truly good "X-Men" movie imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

It was nice.. but actually I wanted something more.. sad

can't wait to see the next movie.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 11th, 2013 09:38 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Don't expect too much out of it from what we know of it so far.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 12:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

I'm still hoping to get more of gambit..

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 12:43 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Don't expect too much out of it from what we know of it so far.

Why's that? It's Days of Future Past dude! I have high hopes for this to be one of the best superhero sequels of all time.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 10:38 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

It is supossed to have both older and younger versions of Magneto and ProfX, and Logan, Cyclops and pretty much everyone.. so why won't it be fun?

and according to ending of Last stand.. maybe Deathpool or more Gambit..

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 02:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Why's that? It's Days of Future Past dude! I have high hopes for this to be one of the best superhero sequels of all time.

Singer, need I say more?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 06:58 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Elaborate please.
He's directing it, but didn't write the script [as he did for first class]

and you mean it's a bad thing or a good thing? he directed most of x-men movies anyway so I can't really see your point.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 10:01 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The first two X-Men films he directed I didn't mind. Found they didn't age that well after awhile though. And then he abandoned having any part in X3 in favor of that horrible Superman movie. His bias against Cyclops is why Scott often got shafted in the movies as well, probably including why Cyc wasn't even in First Class but his brother in his place, though I can forgive that at least with how good the movie itself was.

The Singer X-Men films are good movies, just not quite good X-Men movies IMO, like First Class. With the FC sequel I was at first hoping to have something as good as it or better but with Singer directing again and Marsden returning as Cyclops again (who more than likely will have a very small role again, because Singer), it sorta feels like this sequel will mostly just be more of the same, instead of breaking the mold like First Class did. Could be wrong though. Hope I am, but eh.

I guess Singer being good or bad for X-Men depends on how you see it. Even in his films it was still mostly just about Wolverine, whereas with First Class in comparison every mutant with Xavier had a decent shot on screen. Suppose I would've preferred him as a writer again instead of a director if him writing FC made it as good as it was.

And since you mentioned Gambit earlier, I think him being in the sequel would definitely be a redeeming factor, especially if given a bigger role than what he had in Wolverine Origins. That Gambit was an okay portrayal for a first time, ignoring the small role he had.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 15th, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 12:31 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Singer, need I say more?

Yes he is a risky factor and I understand the concern after the abomination that was Superman Returns. But I'm guessing he's not just going to rewrite the whole thing now that he's taken over.

He was a producer on First Class which Vaughn directed. It was going to be the same again this time until Vaughn dropped out of the Director's chair.

But he's still involved. Him and Singer have just swopped roles. But tbh First Class was a creation of both these guys anyway. Iirc it was talks between these 2 that lead to it. And it's the same case with the sequel.

So I still have high hopes.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 04:14 PM
ditto
I'm your huckleberry

Originally posted by -Pr-
First Class was the only truly good "X-Men" movie imo.

SUPPORT MY TROOPS! Plz \(^_^)/

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 05:26 PM
ditto is currently offline Click here to Send ditto a Private Message Find more posts by ditto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Michael Fassbender was the lead. erm

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 07:42 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

I hated it, I hated the butchery of the actual origin of the X-Men, an origin like the fantastic four that never changed in the cannon itself.
Want to show Sebastian Shaw and screw up his power set that's fine he adsorbed Kinetic energy, re channeled it into physical prowess. You absolutely screw up the previously poorly done films like x-men origins wolverine, showing Emma as a very young girl being held by Striker.
Banshee is some inarticulate non Irish and Moira goes from the scots that she was on muir Island in x-3 to an American CIA agent.
This movie unraveled not only the continuity of the previous movies but undermined the continuity of the comic.
That being said the X-Men for 20 years carried Marvel as a success, Iron man was not ever a close rival in sales or popularity but the design team there felt it proper and good to follow a great storyline without flaw without compromise of the story to "make the movie acceptable to the masses". I feel watching X men first class insulted my knowledge and the great writing that preceded that shity screen play.
Vaughn needs to stick with kick ass and stay the hell out of The X-Men, Brian Singer needs to come out for air his head is way up his own ass, a new super power poo breathing.
As for the director of x-3 he should be banned for life, I hope singer can somehow pull all this crap out or else I will beg for a true reboot. Where it was Bobby Drake who was in jail for his own protection and where Scott summers is the older brother where banshee is Irish and Moira a geneticist on Muir Island. Where angel was warren worthington the 3rd and had feathers not pixie like wings where the culmination of powers looked like some screwed up hybrid of toad pixie and the plastered name of Angel.

This movie was the worst, of them all, that includes the horrible x-men origins wolverine. Perhaps its Fox studios that are at FAULT always rushing production to make that fast buck at the insult of the fan base.

The script should have been burned, yeah the nostalgia of the early 60's was ok could have been done straight, Xavier showing up in Nebraska at an orphanage offering Scott Summers a reprieve from his crappy life. Bobby In jail for his protection, Jean and her parents home and speaking with an adult banshee who is an Interpol agent, but offering assistance on the side rather than active.

In my opinion this movie was an epic fail, a betrayal. What it is is a disgusting attempt to try and tie all the broken parts of all the other crap movies FOX RUSHED to try and get out another x movie for millions. No more fox please No more singer no more vaughn no more Ratner.... seriously stop treating the X- Men like a flagship for the galactic stupid and stop creating Folly from them on the big screen.
Maybe we need Josh Whedon to direct the x men and over see its script and screenplay he will treat it with much deserved respect.
Brian did not have the balls to stay with X men for the phoenix saga one he saw as a three part movie filmed in the manner of the Lord of the Rings so as to not show aging. Instead he bailed for his failed attempt at Superman, and x3 was once more bully rushed by SHITTY FOX STUDIOS!
So we got ratners crap of a movie, I think it would have been more fun had Jackie Chan actually showed up as an insomniac drug addicted drunk and unemployed Mandarin seeking shelter with Magneto for his share of an Asian market when its all said and done, I mean that would not have screwed it up any worse.

I will watch X men days of future past with abated breath and I am not going in with any great expectations rather I will be hyper critical and hyperbolic should it maintain the standard of all x movies since x2.
This far color me underwhelmed, Financially they may be noted as success but real success is in not pissing off the true believers as Stan would say.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 02:58 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

[QUOTE=14197297]Originally posted by Salthasha
I hated it, I hated the butchery of the actual origin of the X-Men, an origin like the fantastic four that never changed in the cannon itself.
Want to show Sebastian Shaw and screw up his power set that's fine he adsorbed Kinetic energy, re channeled it into physical prowess. You absolutely screw up the previously poorly done films like x-men origins wolverine, showing Emma as a very young girl being held by Striker.
Banshee is some inarticulate non Irish and Moira goes from the scots that she was on muir Island in x-3 to an American CIA agent.
This movie unraveled not only the continuity of the previous movies but undermined the continuity of the comic.
That being said the X-Men for 20 years carried Marvel as a success, Iron man was not ever a close rival in sales or popularity but the design team there felt it proper and good to follow a great storyline without flaw without compromise of the story to "make the movie acceptable to the masses". I feel watching X men first class insulted my knowledge and the great writing that preceded that shity screen play.
Vaughn needs to stick with kick ass and stay the hell out of The X-Men, Brian Singer needs to come out for air his head is way up his own ass, a new super power poo breathing.
As for the director of x-3 he should be banned for life, I hope singer can somehow pull all this crap out or else I will beg for a true reboot. Where it was Bobby Drake who was in jail for his own protection and where Scott summers is the older brother where banshee is Irish and Moira a geneticist on Muir Island. Where angel was warren worthington the 3rd and had feathers not pixie like wings where the culmination of powers looked like some screwed up hybrid of toad pixie and the plastered name of Angel.

This movie was the worst, of them all, that includes the horrible x-men origins wolverine. Perhaps its Fox studios that are at FAULT always rushing production to make that fast buck at the insult of the fan base.

The script should have been burned, yeah the nostalgia of the early 60's was ok could have been done straight, Xavier showing up in Nebraska at an orphanage offering Scott Summers a reprieve from his crappy life. Bobby In jail for his protection, Jean and her parents home and speaking with an adult banshee who is an Interpol agent, but offering assistance on the side rather than active.

In my opinion this movie was an epic fail, a betrayal. What it is is a disgusting attempt to try and tie all the broken parts of all the other crap movies FOX RUSHED to try and get out another x movie for millions. No more fox please No more singer no more vaughn no more Ratner.... seriously stop treating the X- Men like a flagship for the galactic stupid and stop creating Folly from them on the big screen.
Maybe we need Josh Whedon to direct the x men and over see its script and screenplay he will treat it with much deserved respect.
Brian did not have the balls to stay with X men for the phoenix saga one he saw as a three part movie filmed in the manner of the Lord of the Rings so as to not show aging. Instead he bailed for his failed attempt at Superman, and x3 was once more bully rushed by SHITTY FOX STUDIOS!
So we got ratners crap of a movie, I think it would have been more fun had Jackie Chan actually showed up as an insomniac drug addicted drunk and unemployed Mandarin seeking shelter with Magneto for his share of an Asian market when its all said and done, I mean that would not have screwed it up any worse.

I will watch X men days of future past with abated breath and I am not going in with any great expectations rather I will be hyper critical and hyperbolic should it maintain the standard of all x movies since x2.
This far color me underwhelmed, Financially they may be noted as success but real success is in not pissing off the true believers as Stan would say.
[/QUOTE

QFT!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 05:58 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

you hated first class, but liked x2. I'm sorry, but no. X2 has just as many abuses of the lore as FC does.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 07:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If not more.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 09:45 PM
Salthasha

x2 used creative license, it did not absolutely butcher everything. Sorry not even close.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 11:58 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote