KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why do people love X-Men :First Class

Why do people love X-Men :First Class
Started by: michelponting

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It butchered Cyclops, his relationship with Jean, it completely changed the Iceman character. It gave Wolverine way more influence over the team than he generally has, and the director pandered to Berry and Jackman more than he really should have.

It butchered as much as First Class did. And speaking as an Irishman, Banshee wasn't THAT badly represented.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 12:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

Cyclops was protective of jean even in the comics, and speaking also as an Irishman, my opinion remains that the role was poorly done, and banshee was far too young. But like all things this is subjective you asked why people like it i gave a reason as to why i do not. I can write every mistake made on 2 as pertaining to God Loves man Kills and each discrepancy to them, I allowed some nonsense for x men and x men 2, But the butchery to the had far more creative license adjustments than x 2, if you like it great. Not an issue personally my biggest complaint is with Fox far more than singer, I would prefer Whedon step up to the x titles.
So from One Irishman to another Siochan Agus Dul.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 01:58 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not talking about Cyclops being protective. I'm talking about his reduced influence in the movies when he's supposed to be a primary character, and the way they overplayed Jean's attraction towards Logan. At least Cyclops wasn't in FC for them to **** up.

I don't agree about Banshee, but fair enough.

Slainte.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 06:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

X2 (and Last Stand) did completely butcher Cyclops and his relationship with Jean. In fact X's 1-3 were all just Wolverine movies. Anyone who thinks they were even close to the comics is delusional.

First Class had a few Origin mishaps simply because it was a Prequel to X1 and X2. The main mishap being they couldn't show the ACTUAL FC. Cyclops, Jean, Ice-Man, Angel and Beast.

But at least it was a great movie and pulled off the Brother/Enemy relationship between Charles and Eric really well.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 10:40 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

The wolverine romance was exaggerated but not taken out of context to byrnes x men from 1975. And as a fan of cyclops he will never be treated fairly by Hollywood. They arent true fans of the book with the exception of again Josh Whedon who should be doing these films and not Singer.

My problem as stated why I hate fc is the total abandonment of every major character in the original team, beast was no geek he was a high school football standout, yes he was intelligent as well. Angel was an heir to a billionaire company, Shaw was never about overt control he was far more into covert mingling in world economics and undermining from the shadows that's why they referred to themselves The hellfire club as chess pieces. Bobby Drake was the one in jail for endangering himself, he also was a single child which singer got wrong in x2. If fc was just a movie then fine i would not be so adamant in my displeasure but they absolutely screwed the origin not just one character but Scott jean bobby warren and even the beast. In the early 60's Charles already knew banshee an adult Interpol agent, I have the books dating back to the 60's sadly though not the number 1 issue. The story could have been done far better but this was a written collaboration by a producer who you state treated cyclops unfairly in x2 well in fc he downright abandoned him and others for supporting cats members in a franchise that make little impact in the books. Scott is a major force in Marvel his abilities are debated he has absorption of cosmic radiation and re channels it through optic blasts, some writers have even toyed with the idea of him being a super numerate as a genetic gift allowing him the ability to instantly surmise not only the best angles but to plan decisively and flawlessly his battle field tactics by seeing mental images in accordance to person placement.

The fact is no Cyclops for years was written crappily, as a sycophantic pawn of xavier and now finally they made him who he always should have been a battle tested leader with no equal on tactics.
So I agree I never said x2 was great i just stated I liked it best of these movies truth is none of these movies do justice to the greatest comic book team of all time.
I really cant stand the creative teams that made them... again get Whedon involved and maybe those who have been following this drama since the 70s and have many of the 60's books in thier collection would respond better.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 06:59 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first three were my favorite and wolverine.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:18 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote