KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What example of plot induced stupidity (PIS) is your most/least liked in a film?

What example of plot induced stupidity (PIS) is your most/least liked in a film?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
Seriously, none noticed how the predator went from being a highly efficiant killer to worthless junk?

I mean it takes out the entire team that is meant to capture it, well aware of what limits it has in regards to it's cloaking, the next scene (where the cop is involved) the predator is suddenly standing like a complete moron "well I guess I never have experienced water before" then Harrigan, by some freaking miracle manages to hit the Predators laser cannon on the first burst fire he unleashes, etc. etc.

I see your point but again, in the warehouse he had the CAR-15 (thank you wikipedia) with the grenade launcher, the desert eagle and the shotgun. He got the drop mainly because of the water taking out the stealth but thats not PIS, thats a precendent that was set in the first movie, water disrupts the stealth mode. The Predator wasn't standing still for Harrigan either, Harrigan used the meat to slow him down until he could get the shotgun into play and by that time the Pred had no weapon to even get to him from that position.

He also takes out the Pred in the ship because he's basically fighting an one-armed opponent and you easily imagine that he could almost treat that like a knife fight, and being in the 'warzone' as Harrigan calls his precinct you'd think he'd be able to fight those odds.

But the Dutch example is not so believable as a direct confrontation that looks like they are having an almost human fight, how hard would have been for the Pred to slip the wrist blades into his body when it managed that so easily against an armed opponent like Dillon? Or presumably Billy too?(we never get to see that but its's inferred that the Pred took him out man to alien so to speak)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 12:23 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There were a bunch of Stormtroopers there. Why they didn't think it was suspicious one of their guys was repeating what a civilian was saying is a mystery to me.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 08:59 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

From 2:12 to 3:00

"Prepare to get eaten, Alice!"

"Wait! Uh, boss, shouldn't you try to incapaciate her so she doesn't do anything else before you attempt to do your thing?"

"She can't do anything now. She's unarmed."

"You know she's got a knife, that can be seen plain as day I may add, in her arm right? What if she pulls that out as a last resort and stabs you in the head with it? Here, how's about I shoot each of her limbs, starting with the arm that will grab the knife out? This way, we won't get a fifth movie."

"You may have a point. Commence!"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:09 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Quincy
I mean why did they think it was smarter to blame it on Batman, than on the Joker?

I'd say because Batman represents the disorder of the city just by being there. Him and the Joker were on a playing field far beyond the cops, so to capture them both is to put Gotham back on the police's level.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:09 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I'd say because Batman represents the disorder of the city just by being there. Him and the Joker were on a playing field far beyond the cops, so to capture them both is to put Gotham back on the police's level.

This has never been explained so far, but one reason it could work for Batman to take the blame is so that it could instill more fear in criminals if they think he will actually kill them.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 07:52 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Pirates: On Stranger Tides.

Early in the movie when Jack escapes from the King of England's castle, he is weapon-less & being chased by the guards.

Jack runs down the stairs & passes a guard who yells out something like," Prisoner escaping!!! GUARDS!!!
This same guard then goes on to chase Jack.

Now for no logical reason but Plot Induced Stupidity the guard then takes his own weapons (sword & flintlock) & leaves them on a table then runs off screen (chasing after Jack).

Well lo & behold, there's Jack's hiding under the table, happily helping himself to said weapons left behind.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 04:25 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
X-Men 1st Class.

At the beginning of the movie when Sebastian kills Eric's mother.
Eric shows his anguish & rage by killing the 2 soldiers but does NO HARM to Sebastian at all.

He then spends the rest of the movie & his adulthood hunting him down.

Well, he couldn't harm him anyway, with the way Shaw's power worked. Erik's power was raw and unfocused at the time, and they wanted the audience to find out gradually that Shaw was a mutant as well.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Nemesis X

There were a bunch of Stormtroopers there. Why they didn't think it was suspicious one of their guys was repeating what a civilian was saying is a mystery to me.

Because Obi Wan was influencing the minds of the other troopers as well?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:10 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: What example of plot induced stupidity (PIS) is your most/least liked in a film?

Originally posted by Impediment
A lot of people I speak to don't know what plot induced stupidity (PIS) is. Take Star Wars episode IV, for example:

"Hold your fire. Scans indicate no life forms on that escape pod that just launched."

"Sir, we just boarded a mock freighter that is a front for the Rebel Alliance. The Alliance has stolen Death Star plans that they plan to use to overthrow the Imperial government. You're telling me to leave that pod alone, even though we're arresting radical militants with plans of espionage? As if they wouldn't go to any means to protect their plans? How stupid are you, sir?"

"By gum, you're right, gunner. Open fire and blast the shit out of that pod! Lord Vader will give us promotions for this!"

"Yes, sir! Long live the Empire!"

Yeah. If it happened like that, we wouldn't have a saga. Hence, we have PIS.

Tell us why!

"Hold your fire. Scans indicate no life forms on that escape pod that just launched."

"Sir, we just boarded a mock freighter that is a front for the Rebel Alliance. The Alliance has stolen Death Star plans that they plan to use to overthrow the Imperial government. You're telling me to leave that pod alone, even though we're arresting radical militants with plans of espionage? As if they wouldn't go to any means to protect their plans? How stupid are you, sir?"

"You think this a democracy, soldier?? Lord Vader want those data plans in his hands. He wants proof of them before we do anything, and you question Lord Vader's orders at risk of your own life! If they were in there, we will go and recover them WHEN WE ARE ORDERED TO DO SO. Now, stop thinking you know better than your superiors and sit at your post, and wait for us to tell you what to do!!!"

"...Sir, Yes Sir."

Fixed. wink

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:16 PM
Impediment
Endless

Touché.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by roughrider
Because Obi Wan was influencing the minds of the other troopers as well?

I thought Jedi can only use Force influence on one person at a time.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:46 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I thought Jedi can only use Force influence on one person at a time.

Well, we haven't seen proof of that one way or the other, to my knowledge.

Now, I don't think any film this summer had more PIS than Green Lantern. But I won't bother summing up my opinion of it, when there's a really good analysis circulating the net about it! So, all credit to them here:

GREEN LANTERN - PLOT HOLES FOR DUMMIES (part 1 of 3)

Scene 1 - Ferris Air Base (Control Center)

Blake Lively's Dad: As head of Ferris Air, I want to sell my super-awesome drones to the military. So I'm going have Hal Jordan and my daughter Blake Lively, my own two test pilots, fight them and presumably lose.

Military Guy: Huh? Why would you do that? Why would we be okay with that? You could have just told your pilots to lose on purpose so we buy your drones. If you were even slightly intelligent, you would have definitely done that.

Blake Lively's Dad: Don't worry, gentlemen. Hal Jordan is such an a--hole, he will be unable to resist trying to win. I promise.

Scene 2 - Ferris Air Base (Blake Lively's Dad's Office); after Hal and Blake return from air drone training

Blake Lively's Dad: Well, Hal, you used my daughter as a decoy and then cheated to defeat the drones.

Blake Lively: Specifically, you used me as a decoy, but didn't actually use that to your benefit, meaning you had me shot down for no reason whatsoever.

Blake Lively's Dad: Now the military is going to refuse the contract, and I'm going to have to fire countless employees. Good men are going to lose their livelihoods because of you.

Blake Lively: And although you're supposedly such an awesome pilot, you had a total freakout for no reason whatsoever and ended up destroying your incredibly expensive plane, too.

Hal Jordan: (shrugs) Oh well. Whatcha gonna do?

Blake Lively's Dad: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 3 - Coast; Abin Sur's spacecraft crashed

Abin Sur: Hal Jordan. The ring has chosen you because you are fearless.

(1 minute earlier - inside an energy ball)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of being in this crazy green energy ball!

(10 minutes earlier - during air training)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of dying in a test plane like my dad!

(15 minutes after getting the ring - in a bar with Blake)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of intimacy!

(25 minutes later - in Oa)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of being a Green Lantern!

(30 minutes later - in Hal's apartment)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid I suck as a Green Lantern!

Blake Lively: You do suck. Hard

Scene 4 - Outside a bar

Newly Unemployed Man: Hal Jordan, you needlessly cost us our jobs at Air Ferris, apparently just to be a dick. We are going to beat you up outside this bar.

Hal Jordan: Hyah! (tries to throw punch, ends up throwing giant green fist; men go flying into walls and car windows)

Newly Unemployed Man: Really? The first use of your superpower is going to beat several men who you got fired unconscious?

Hal Jordan: Guess so!

Newly Unemployed Man: Christ, what an a--hole. (falls unconscious)

Scene 5 - Government Laboratory

Hector Hammond: I am a quiet if awkward Xenobiology 101 teacher that shows no aggression or ill will toward anybody. I hope I don't get infected with an alien parasite that makes my head grow and makes me evil, because at the moment, I'm significantly more sympathetic than Hal Jordan! Now, to dissect this purple alien!

(sticks hand in Abin Sur's wound, immediately gets infected with Parallax)

Hector Hammond: Well, sh**.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 08:58 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

GREEN LANTERN - PLOT HOLES FOR DUMMIES (part 2 of 3)

Scene 6 - Oa; after Hal Jordan flies to Oa where 3,000 other Green Lanterns are gathered by Sinestro

Sinestro: Lanterns! There is a new evil loose in the universe. It's killed a few Green Lanterns including Abin Sur and two whole planets. It's coming here to Oa. So prepare yourself for battle. It may take our lives... but it will never take... our freedom!

3,000 Green Lantern Corps: Bravehea-- we mean Green Lantern Corps! Green Lantern Corps! Hurray for battle cries and making planets glow in the dark with our rings!

(a minute later)

Michael Clarke Kilowog: Hal Jordan, now that you've arrived on Oa, let's train for two minutes.

(they train for two minutes; Sinestro arrives)

Sinestro: Hal Jordan, Abin Sur was the greatest Green Lantern ever. You embarrass him by wearing his ring. And even though my name sounds pure evil, and though I also may look like a bad guy with my pencil-thin mustache, the fact is... I've been fighting for good in this whole movie so far. And since you've just been a huge douchebag throught the film, I am obviously right about my assessment. The audience even says I'm more likeable than you too, even though the Mom's think I look like an intergalactic pedophile.

Hal Jordan: This Green Lantern sh** is hard. I quit.

Sinestro: What?

Hal Jordan: Yeah, I'm going home. See if I can bang Blake Lively or something.

Sinestro: Seriously? You're chosen to guard part of the universe, and not only are you quitting after two minutes, leaving countless lives in jeopardy, you're not even going to try? How the hell are you the hero of this film?

Hal Jordan: I'm not sure. Sniff you jerks later! (flies off)

Michael Clarke Kilowog: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 7 - Oa; Guardian's Circle

Sinestro: Guardians! There is a new evil loose in the universe. It's killed a few Green Lanterns including Abin Sur and two whole planets. It comes from the planet where Abin Sur imprisoned Parallax. Also, survivors say it's really yellow and evil, just like Parallax. Also, it looks like Parallax.

Guardians: ...

Sinestro: I think it might be Parallax.

Guardians: Okay, we'll get around to that.

Sinestro: Really? You're going to be morally ambiguous here? I know you've been dicks in the comics for years, but this is the very first movie. If you aren't clearly good, it makes the entire Green Lantern concept questionable to people who are learning about Green Lantern for the first time. And frankly, Hal isn't earning us any good will either.

Guardians: Um... we have to go do our hair.

Sinestro: Goddammit.

Scene 8 - Huge Party at Blake Lively's Dad's Mansion

Blake Lively's Dad: Well, Hal, despite you being a total prick, we got the military contract anyways. You are invited to this big fancy party that I'm throwing with the money I ended up saving after I fired all those people.

Hal Jordan: Awesome. (steals people's drinks even though there's an open bar)

Hector Hammond's Dad: I am going to think mean things about you, son, and then get on a helicopter.

Hector Hammond: I'm going to hear those mean things, because of my new ill-defined powers, and then I'm going to break your helicopter while it's in flight.

(Hector Hammond's Dad gets in helicopter, it takes off, Hector Hammond breaks it with his mind, it crashes at the edge of the party and slides length-wise across a pool of panicking party goers, potentially killing dozens of people)

Blake Lively: Oh no! The helicopter is getting close to me!

Hal Jordan: I have finally decided to help! (puts helicopter on elaborate, ostentatious giant Hot Wheels track instead of just stopping it)

Every Single Other Person at the Party: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 9 - Oa; Guardian's Circle; Sinestro and Guardians part 2

Sinestro: Well, guess *beep* what? It was Parallax. Killed a bunch more Green Lanterns, too. Mind telling me what you know about Parallax now?

Guardians: (sighs) Okay. At one point we thought about fighting evil with the yellow emotion of fear in addition to the green emotion of willpower.

Sinestro: Willpower is not an emotion.

Guardians: Shut up. Anyways, turns out that the yellow power of fear was too powerful and uncontrollable and totally evil, and it even possessed one of the Guardians, who transformed into Parallax. So really, our messing with the yellow power of fear is what caused this entire problem in the first place.

Sinestro: I have an idea: Let's do that exact same thing. And maybe make a yellow power ring or something.

Guardians: That is the BEST. PLAN. EVER.

Scene 10 - Hal's apartment; after attacking Hector Hammond in Laboratory

Hal Jordan: I'm seriously afraid of being a Green Lantern.

Blake Lively: Jesus, really? Still? The movie is two-thirds over at this point. Can't you do something heroic?

Hal Jordan: Well, I just fought Hector Hammond. Although he totally kicked my a** and managed to kill his dad while I was there.

Blake Lively: That's not heroic at all. How did you even get away?

Hal Jordan: I don't really know. I kind of put my ring on him and it pushed him across the room. And then the scene just ended.

Blake Lively: You mean, you didn't even follow him or anything?

Hal Jordan: Nope. Actually, the very next scene was Hector waking up in his own cozy bed in his own apartment, so he's not even hiding or anything. Apparently I couldn't care less what he does.

Blake Lively: Ugh. Look, Hal. You're clearly afraid of everything, ever. So obviously what the purple alien dude meant is that you aren't fearless, but that you have the power to overcome fear. Even though he specifically called you fearless and you've given zero evidence that you can actually overcome fear to any degree.

Hal Jordan: Huh? I wasn't listening. Anyways, I'm going to go away for a while and let Hector capture you in your sleep. (flies off)

Blake Lively: Christ, what an a--hole.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 08:58 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

GREEN LANTERN - PLOT HOLES FOR DUMMIES (part 3 of 3)

Scene 11 - Hector Hammond's apartment; after getting beat up by Green Lantern

Parallax: HEY, HECTOR.

Hector Hammond: Hey, Parallax.

Parallax: I AM GOING TO THE PLANET OA TO EAT EVERYBODY. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?

Hector Hammond: Well, you made me evil, so I'm going to *beep* around with Hal Jordan and Blake Lively because of some tenuous connection in our past that the movie only alluded to barely five minutes ago.

Parallax: OKAY, COOL. HEY, HAL JORDAN WEARS THE RING OF THE DUDE WHO IMPRISONED ME, RIGHT? I THINK I'LL COME TO EARTH, EAT HIM AND ALL OF HUMANITY, AND THEN I'LL BE POWERFUL ENOUGH TO GO TO OA AND DEFEAT THE GUARDIANS AND ALL THE GREEN LANTERNS!

Hector Hammond: Um... doesn't that mean you aren't powerful enough to defeat the Guardians and Green Lanterns right now?

Parallax: WELL... YES.

Hector Hammond: So... why were you going to Oa?
(pause)

Parallax: OH SH**! I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN! I WAS ABOUT TO GET MY ASS KICKED!

Hector Hammond: Yeah, you were!

Parallax: I'M SO GLAD I CALLED!

Scene 12 - Oa; Guardian's Circle; Hal flies to Oa to speak with the Guardians

Hal Jordan: Guardians! I'm ready to be a hero now! Parallax is heading to Earth! And we don't have much time, because the movie is like 6/7th's over!

Guardians: Okay... what do you want?

Hal Jordan: I want you to send all the Green Lanterns to Earth to fight Parallax!

Guardians: (pretending to think) ...nah.

Hal Jordan: Really?

Guardians: Really.

Hal Jordan: Well, let me fight on Earth's behalf!

Guardians: Huh?

Hal Jordan: I said, let me fight on Ea--

Guardians: We know what you said. But did we ever tell you... you couldn't fight for Earth?

Hal Jordan: Well... no...

Guardians: Actually, have we ever told you anything at all in this whole movie? Ever?

Hal Jordan: Um... I guess not.

Guardians: Have you even been introduced to us at all in this movie?

Hal Jordan: ... Hi! I'm Hal Jordan!

Guardians: Have we ever appeared to have given the tiniest sh** about you? Even when you quit the Green Lantern Corps but still took your Power Ring with you?

Hal Jordan: No, not really.

Guardians: So why would you ask us permission to fight for your own planet?

Hal Jordan: Well... I guess I needed a plot device for a reason to fight the Parallax solo, rather than look like a tool fighting alongside the other 3,000 Green Lanterns that came by to hear Sinestro's Braveheart speech about an hour ago.

Guardians: Go ahead. Knock yourself out.

Hal Jordan: Oh. I guess I'll be going then. (flies back to Earth)

Guardians: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 13 - Ferris Airbase Hanger; Hector captures a sleeping Blake Lively

Hector Hammond: I have captured Blake Lively!

Hal Jordan: You certainly have. Let her go, and you can have my Green Lantern ring.

Hector Hammond: Bullsh**. Only people who are worthy can wear a Power Ring. I've never read a Green Lantern comic and even I know that.

Hal Jordan: No, it's cool. Seriously. (tosses ring to Hector, Hector puts it on)

Hector Hammond: Holy sh**! (uses ring to blast wall) Uh-oh, the GL fanboys are going to lose their sh** over this.

Hal Jordan: Ha ha! I lied! You have to be chosen to use the ring!

Hector Hammond: Dude. I just used it. You saw me. I clearly don't have to be chosen.

(ring suddenly tases Hector for no discernable reason; Parallax breaks into the building)

Parallax: I SEE THAT GREEN LANTERN! HE'S STILL ALIVE! HECTOR HAMMOND, YOU HAVE FAILED ME! I EAT YOU NOW! OM-NOM-NOM-NOM.

(Parallax eats Hector's soul, drops body to the floor, which is still wearing the Power Ring)

Hal Jordan: Hey.

Parallax: HEY. SO... YOU GOING TO SUMMON YOUR RING TO YOU AND FIGHT ME OR SOMETHING?

Hal Jordan: Apparently I can't do that. I have to walk over there and pick it up.

Parallax: REALLY? THAT'S BULLSH**. OH WELL, YOU TAKE YOUR TIME TO GET YOUR RING AND TALK TO BLAKE LIVELY, AND FEEL FREE TO TAKE THE TIME YOU NEED TO COLLECT YOURSELF. I'LL JUST LEAVE AND EAT SOME PEOPLE IN THE CITY OR SOMETHING.

Hal Jordan: Thanks, dude!

Hector Hammond's Corpse: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 14 - Outer Space; after Hal uses a propeller to blow past Parallax into space

Hal Jordan: Parallax!

Parallax: VAN WILDER!

Hal Jordan: It is the final battle! I am one lone, incredibly sh*ty Green Lantern!

Parallax: SPEAKING OF SH*T, WHERE ARE YOUR OTHER 3,000 FRIENDS?

Hal Jordan: Oh, I used a plot device earlier to have them all scrapped. We couldn't afford to go over our $150 million budget. (...oops!)

Parallax: WELL IN THAT CASE... I AM PARALLAX! THE ULTIMATE EVIL IN THE UNIVERSE WHO CAN DESTROY WHOLE PLANETS AND HORDES OF GREEN LANTERNS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ABIN SUR!

Hal Jordan: Yes! But when you were chasing me, I flew really close to the sun, and now you're being sucked into its gravitational pull!
(pause)

Parallax: OH, SH**.

Hal Jordan: Yep!

Parallax: GOD, THIS IS EMBARRASSING. IT'S THE GALACTIC EQUIVALENT OF NOT LOOKING BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET.

Hal Jordan: Seriously. I can't believe all the Green Lanterns had such a tough time with you, because you are one stupid *beep*

Parallax: HOW THE HELL DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN? WEREN'T WE JUST PASSING BY THE ASTEROID BELTS BETWEEN MARS AND JUPITER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM? HOW DID WE GET TO THE SUN?

Hal Jordan: I dunno. Who pays attention to these details anyway? Not the audience.

Parallax: SERIOUSLY, IT'S LIKE A LOONEY TUNES CARTOON, WHERE WILE E. COYOTE MAKES A PIT AND COVERS IT WITH STICKS OR SOME SH** THEN FALLS OFF A PIT. I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVEN FELL FOR IT.

Hal Jordan: You know what the best part is? Even though you were defeated by your own stupidity, we're all going to pretend that this fulfills my heroic journey and all the Green Lanterns will like me now! Even Sinestro!

Parallax: *beep* REALLY?

Hal Jordan: Yep!

Parallax: CHRIST, WHAAT AN AAAAAASSSSHHHHOOOOOLLLLL-- (gets sucked into the sun and burns up)

Scene 15 - Oa; after the credits roll

Sinestro: I have been significantly more heroic than Hal Jordan this entire film. I tried to protect the universe. I actually fought Parallax instead of just tricking him into flying into the sun. I called Hal Jordan a douche, but only while he was totally being a douche. I only wanted the clearly evil Yellow Power Ring to fight the evil of Parallax and save lives. And just a minute ago, I talked about how awesome Hal was in front of the whole Green Lantern Corps for the film's final scene.

Sinestro: (continues) I have been a good guy for the entirety of the movie... while Hal's only been a hero for maybe 10%, 15% tops.

(roll credits)

Sinestro: I'm not putting on the Yellow Power Ring.

Hal Jordan: Oh yes you are.

Sinestro: No I'm not. I have no motivation to do it. Parallax is dead, albeit in a very stupid way. I've been a good guy the entire film. It's totally against my character as established throughout the movie.

Hal Jordan: Sorry, you're the bad guy in the sequel.

Sinestro: There's not going to be a sequel! This movie sucked! It doesn't even look like we're going to break even!

Hal Jordan: Maybe, but you still gotta put it on. Just in case.

Sinestro: Goddammit. (puts on Yellow Power Ring, his outfit transforms into his Sinestro Corps uniform)

Hal Jordan: Thanks, dude! Sniff you later! (flies off)

Sinestro: Christ, what an a--hole.

That's all, folks! big grin

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 08:59 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 09:17 PM
wicker_man
V.2

In X-Men: First Class a fully-haired Charles Xavier is in a wheel chair whilst in X-Men Origins: Wolverine he's bald and walking. Now I know it's a reboot but then why include Hugh Jackman's Wolverine?!?

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 06:26 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by wicker_man
In X-Men: First Class a fully-haired Charles Xavier is in a wheel chair whilst in X-Men Origins: Wolverine he's bald and walking. Now I know it's a reboot but then why include Hugh Jackman's Wolverine?!?

It's the comedic highlight the film needed.
Ask anyone what they thought of First Class & all they'll mention is Wolvie's cameo.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 01:14 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by wicker_man

It's a partial reboot; they are disregarding the events depicted in both X-Men 3 and Origins. Basically, only the films Bryan Singer was involved with matter right now, going forward. That's 1, 2 and First Class.

And this thread is supposed to be about obvious PIS in movies, not continuity questions.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 04:45 PM
mardook
Easier said than done!

To roughrider,

that was far more entertaining than the actual movie. What a waste of money, could have gone to better writers and director. Ryan was a poor choice to cast in the role. Mark Strong was aweome though. The CGI was really shitty looking too. They should just do a TV show of it... far more time to expand a storyline like that in TV.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2011 01:35 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i was just watching thor on dvd and found myself wondering why the f*** would loki leave heimdall frozen in front of the gate? to break free in the nick of time and bring back thor and co of course.. loki could've easily shattered heimdall's frozen ass, but did not.. classic PIS..

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 12:47 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote