KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What example of plot induced stupidity (PIS) is your most/least liked in a film?

What example of plot induced stupidity (PIS) is your most/least liked in a film?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
How in the latest Twilight.

Edward has sex with Bella and creates a super powerful baby that will kill her. Suddenly the parents have a word for the creature and Edward even searches Google and finds lots of hits and images. lol. You would think he would stumbled upon this information earlier in his few hundred years of researching his kind.

You would think that they would've been old enough to warn the kid.
Wear a rubber or pull out Edward, lest a demon baby eats thou wifes stomach.

Oh no! You just posted spoilers for the movie I never plan on watching!

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 11:58 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Merged the threads together, since the other was, essentially, a dupe.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 03:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

In Terminator, in the car park scene when they're bashing each other around in the cars - Kyle wins and the Terminator crashes. Immediately after that they are apprehended by the police and the Terminator is nowhere to be seen. Why did he run? They had nowhere to go and since he took out a whole police station it wouldn't have been difficult to get them.

I could have understood that scene more had the Terminator been wedged tight in the car or even the concrete wall but as it is it makes zero sense.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 04:57 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I had to sit through Abducted lastnight.
Some decent action sequences but such a ridiculous plot, it's not worth mentioning the amount of P.I.S was involved...

What bugged me afterwards was realising the stupid title.
Nobody, NO ONE in the entire film....was abducted.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 01:25 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Damn, it got 4% on RT. That's one of the lowest ratings I've ever seen. I believe you.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 01:55 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Nearly every horror/thriller movie in existence, where the next victim feels it necessary to walk into a dimly light/dark room after hearing a noise/seeing something even though they know there's someone/something about killing people off...and then they die. They are doomed to die. It happens everytime without fail.

And I don't mean the people at the beginning of the films, they're forgiven for being the first of many.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 12:20 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

can anyone name a horror movie that doesn't contain PIS?

and yeah, investigating noises from dark rooms/basements is a great way to get stabbed up.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 12:28 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Even by horror movie standards, See No Evil, which for some reason I saw, was ridiculously PIS filled.

Probably the most notable example is some guy walking through the spooky house, noticing a tripwire before walking into it, and he proceeds to... Bend down and pull on it while saying "HEY ITS A TRIPWIRE". Thus alerting Kane to their presence.

Lolwtf.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 09:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Avengers: Hulk conveniently learns to control his rage and be nice and cooperative.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 03:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Prometheus

Oh i'm too afraid to stay in this cave with bodies that have been dead for about a billion years but oh look an alien penis snake wants to play with me. This sounds like a good idea!

Also iirc they had the maps and still got lost yet the others made it out fine....

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:37 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Infinity Gauntlet was supremely de-powered for the Avengers films. Thanos should have been absolutely unstoppable.

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 10:36 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Impediment
The Infinity Gauntlet was supremely de-powered for the Avengers films. Thanos should have been absolutely unstoppable.

As a HUGE fan of the comics infinity gems story line in "Thanos Quest & Infinity Gauntlet". I agree.
But its understandable that they depowered it. It wouldnt make any sense to let the heroes they have featured in these films in over a decade have Zero chance to stop Thanos. They needed to tone down a lot of stuff to make it a more grounded film so it can make sense in the MCU.
Wouldnt make sense if the final battle was with characters no one has heard of like Eternity, Living Tribunal, Lord Chaos , Master Order, Beyonder, etc VS. Thanos.
That would have no emotional connection with audiences. So they had to make it so the heroes had a chance.

Last edited by Inhuman on May 2nd, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 10:41 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Nephthys
Like: Obi-Wan not finishing off Anakin at the end of ROTS. I'm 0kay with this scene because Obi-Wan is a compassionate person and its clear that despite whats happened he still loves Anakin as a brother and can't bare to crawl down a hill and coldly execute him like that. Its definately an understandable and human mistake for him to make, even if it was really dumb and he should have at least confirmed he was dead before leaving.
This post is 8 years old but I never skip a chance to call Neph a retard.

"Anakin, Im far too compassionate of a person to kill you quickly and cleanly.

Instead I will leave you here to slowly burn to death in excruciating agony. Farewell!"

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 11:30 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

BAD: GoT Season 7 (ya it's TV. Sue me.): The heroes go to get a wight to show Cersei that the Whitewalkers are real and that they need to band together. By doing so, Dany's dragon Viseryon is killed and turned undead by the Night King. Pretty stupid to begin with, trading a dragon - one of only three in this fictional world at the time - for a zombie. Very bad Heroes of Might and Magic 3 tactic.

Here's the horrible kicker though: an undead, blue ice/fire-breathing dragon is exactly what the doctor ordered. The Night King and the Whitewalker army use said dragon to get through the Wall, a magic-imbued giant terrain barrier that prevents any ice zombie army from getting through to the south.

If the heroes just WOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING, then you can have a Whitewalker siege at the Wall that would be nigh-unloseable for humanity south of the Wall. Instead, well... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the tactical abomination that is the Battle at Winterfell just happened. RIP the horse lords, the Dothraki, some of the worst unbeatable army tropes that ever landed on the small screen.

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 06:29 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

The Avengers: Hulk conveniently learns to control his rage and be nice and cooperative.

that was actually set up at the end of TIH, Banner smiles as his eyes turn green, indicating some form of control over the Hulk and Banner even says in Avengers that his secret to controlling Hulk is that he's "always angry"

Now he DOES go crazy on the helicarrier but that was a calculated attack from Loki meant to rile the Hulk up, id imagine in order for Bruce to control Hulk the transformation has to be done under his control no triggered by outside sources.

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 08:45 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Bump.

Any new suggestions or opinions?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 02:20 AM
SquallX

Jon Wick. Love that film, but there is some pretty high pis moments.

Here’s a glaring moment. After John is captured, Viggo just turns around and let his henchmen finish him off, and they try to finish him with a plastic bag over his head, hence letting his mentor the time to snipe the bad guys.

A simple round to the dome would have done the job.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 09:07 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Most of Civil War

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 07:37 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

don't care piss or ciss, just wanna enjoy and not see morons on message boards cry over nothing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 08:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even the depowered version he didn't wield property. The reality gem was quite underutilized (ha I'm creating illusions and turning guns into bubbles!)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 08:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote