KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Beware the Batman: New Animated Series

Beware the Batman: New Animated Series
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

What was wrong with The Batman? Granted, nothing is touching the TAS but for what it was I thought it was decent.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 05:03 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I thought it was okay too, aside from the Joker they had. Just because it didn't hold a candle to Batman TAS doesn't necessarily mean it sucked as a whole.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 01:53 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Yeah, I'll admit that version of Joker sucked.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 02:40 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I did like the version of Killer Croc The Batman had though, as well as Freeze and Manbat, as far as what I can remember off the top of my head.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 11:53 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 06:55 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

What the hell are those things in he background? Is Batman fighting the Ani-Men from Silver Age Marvel Comics now?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2012 07:22 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

One of them looks like Professor Pyg. I've heard that he's one of the more disturbing villains to be introduced recently, so it makes perfect sense to put him in a kids show.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 12:34 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Ugh. A kiddish CGI Batman cartoon with a ninja sidekick girl and a gun-toting Alfred that somehow fights by Batman's side using the very weapon Bruce hates and would never use because it would mean he crossed the line. Just think about it. Would Batman let any of his Bat family members use guns to shoot after criminals right in front on him? And that's ignoring the fact that Alfred wouldn't do it either way even if he had Bruce's permission because he's the closest one to understanding how Bruce was scarred by his parents' death. At least The Batman got that aspect of Bruce and Alfred right. So not only you can expect this show to be as kiddish and dumbed down as The Batman but you can also expect it to be even less accurate.

I'm tired of all the kiddish Batman shows (Brave & the Bold was doing something different so it doesn't count). Why can't they make another dark mature Batman animated series like the 90s cartoon? I would love to see a Batman cartoon for ages 14+ or something airing late night on Adult Swim. A cartoon where you can have Zsasz, where you can have people getting shot and dying, where you can have Bane breaking Batman's back on screen, where you can have Jason being beaten to death with a crowbar by the Joker, etc. Imagine how awesome that would be. I say either do that or stay away from Batman for a while and focus on doing a character that hasn't had an animated series at all or in a while. It would be awesome if we were to get another Superman series or a Flash cartoon. Though they have to be aimed at an older audience. They don't necessarily have to be too dark but at least be one the same level of maturity as the shows in the DCAU.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 08:03 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Ugh. A kiddish CGI Batman cartoon with a ninja sidekick girl and a gun-toting Alfred that somehow fights by Batman's side using the very weapon Bruce hates and would never use because it would mean he crossed the line. Just think about it. Would Batman let any of his Bat family members use guns to shoot after criminals right in front on him? And that's ignoring the fact that Alfred wouldn't do it either way even if he had Bruce's permission because he's the closest one to understanding how Bruce was scarred by his parents' death. At least The Batman got that aspect of Bruce and Alfred right. So not only you can expect this show to be as kiddish and dumbed down as The Batman but you can also expect it to be even less accurate.

I'm tired of all the kiddish Batman shows (Brave & the Bold was doing something different so it doesn't count). Why can't they make another dark mature Batman animated series like the 90s cartoon? I would love to see a Batman cartoon for ages 14+ or something airing late night on Adult Swim. A cartoon where you can have Zsasz, where you can have people getting shot and dying, where you can have Bane breaking Batman's back on screen, where you can have Jason being beaten to death with a crowbar by the Joker, etc. Imagine how awesome that would be. I say either do that or stay away from Batman for a while and focus on doing a character that hasn't had an animated series at all or in a while. It would be awesome if we were to get another Superman series or a Flash cartoon. Though they have to be aimed at an older audience. They don't necessarily have to be too dark but at least be one the same level of maturity as the shows in the DCAU.

Batman doesn't have to be "14+" with excess violence, blood and sex in order to have a dark edge and meaningful story.

Look at Mask of the Phantasm. Yes there were deaths going on and there was an incredibly deep and compelling story going on, but a 5 year old could still watch it and be entertained.

IMO, the perfect Batman can be watched and enjoyed by kids AND adults. THAT is why BTAS was a masterpiece. They could pull off the violence in such a psychotic world like Batman's while doing it tastefully.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 11:37 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

It doesn't have to have excess violence, blood and sex but I would like it if it dealt with darker stuff in a tone similar to the mainstream comics (which don't have excess violence, blood, and sex despite being aimed at older audiences). Yes, Batman TAS was dark but even that show, as brilliant as it was, had limits to how dark it could get. They weren't able to adapt something like A Death in the Family or Killing Joke, or to do a character like Mr Zsasz. It would be nice to get a cartoon that can do all of that. And it doesn't mean all kids won't be able to watch it. If they've been raised properly and know to separate reality from fiction, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I believe MOTP was rated PG-13.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 02:50 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Looks horrible. Gonna be fighting for last place w/Ultimate Spider-Man

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:05 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Tbf, Alfred is the only member of the family whom Bruce allows to carry firearms.

Still, this show doesn't fill me with confidence, but kudos on them trying something different.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:35 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm all for something different, but not something different that doesn't work well, which this series will not based on the impressions so far.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 04:51 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=64663

quote:

Variety reports that Warner Bros. Animation have decided to review their Beware The Batman animated series (set to air on the Cartoon Network next year) in the wake of the shooting in Auroro, Colorado, last week. Whether they would still be doing this if it hadn't taken place during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises is debatable. However, it definitely seems like an overreaction, especially as many have already criticised their film division for delaying Gangster Squad in order to remove a scene which features a shooting in a movie theatre (in that instance, it's at least understandable). The producers of the series have apparently been asked to take a very close look at how weapons are portrayed with, "An unspecified number of alterations made to some designs and situations on the series to minimize the amount of weapon imagery deemed too realistic." What this essentially means is that the weapons featured in the show are now being altered to look less realistic - square barrels instead of round for example - in order to differentiate the show from real life.

Honestly, I think this is a bad idea.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 01:59 AM
Bobby_Fette

Not too thrilled by the cartoony designs.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 02:33 AM
Bobby_Fette is currently offline Click here to Send Bobby_Fette a Private Message Find more posts by Bobby_Fette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

I prefer traditional animation a hundred percent compared to this.
I am willing to give it a chance. I did that for the Green Lantern Animated Series and was pleasantly surprised. This is evidently done by the same people, so I'm hoping for the best.
Also, Udo Kier is supposed to be in it. Whens the last time he got a shout out?

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 03:28 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=64663

Honestly, I think this is a bad idea.

its like spider-man with lasers all over again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 03:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
I prefer traditional animation a hundred percent compared to this.
I am willing to give it a chance. I did that for the Green Lantern Animated Series and was pleasantly surprised. This is evidently done by the same people, so I'm hoping for the best.
Also, Udo Kier is supposed to be in it. Whens the last time he got a shout out?

I suppose I could give this a chance, but with the villains I've seen this show is having (and no Joker at all from what I heard), it'll be another reason for me to not look forward to it aside from not being a fan of this kind of animation.

And hey, I think I remember you from the anime board here or something a long time ago.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 05:54 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Just got around to watching the first episode annnnnd I dis-liked it. Animation was Sub par and I hate the interpretation of Alfred. Its not worth watching a second episode imo.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 09:05 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i have watched this show since the very first ep.. the animation is poor.. alfred could be much better.. Batman himself could be better as well

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 09:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote