KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » American Horror Story

American Horror Story
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
If I made an "America Horror Story", it would be the horror or the SJW takeover of America.

But that was Cult, it was just focused on the other side is all. The show was full of SJW's

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 25th, 2021 02:33 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by samhain
But that was Cult, it was just focused on the other side is all. The show was full of SJW's

I was JUST gonna point to Cult as just what he was asking for! eek!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2021 09:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The premiere had a nice Stephen King-ish feel to it.
That said King would have prob. made an entire season out of just those two eps. Things moved pretty quick.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Theres a pill that unlocks the creativity of talented ppl. The side effect being they crave/need blood. They can still pass for normal though, while ppl w. no actual talent end up as bald pasty skinned tweakers who all shop at the same clothing outlet.
I figured the main guy’s daughter (a violinist) would scarf down a pill but not in the premiere. She did, though.
Lots of questions still to be answered but it was refreshing not to see shit dragged out.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 01:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Really enjoyed the third ep.
Things have started to snowball really quick.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The back & forth between the dad and daughter about the pills and the blood and killing ppl etc. was really good.
And that frocking Sheriff, she was just trying to do all sorts of unlawful shit herself, w. wanting to interrogate a 9 year old kid w.out her parents present, to barging into the house again and yes, interrogating the kid w.out anybody being there.
Didn’t really feel too bad for her when the kid shanked her in the neck. I mean she was nominally the only good guy we’ve seen so far but, she was kind of a prick.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 08:32 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Those pale people or whatever they are I'm guessing there is more to them than we know so far. I don't see how a pill can distinguish if you have any artistic talent art is objective after all. Something else is going on I'm assuming.

The female cop didn't bother me any, there was some shady shit going on and she knew it so she was going to bend the rules to find out what exactly.

Also Alma is totaly f*cked up taking those pills at her age was definately a bad idea.
She is f*cking crazy.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 09:33 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Those pale people or whatever they are I'm guessing there is more to them than we know so far. I don't see how a pill can distinguish if you have any artistic talent art is objective after all. Something else is going on I'm assuming.

I’m thinking the same.
This can’t be just simple chemistry, can it?

quote:
The female cop didn't bother me any, there was some shady shit going on and she knew it so she was going to bend the rules to find out what exactly.

I understand why she did those things, I just think she was a ***** for doing so. I guess it’s my parental side; no way I’m letting anyone strongarm my kid.

quote:
Also Alma is totaly f*cked up taking those pills at her age was definately a bad idea.
She is f*cking crazy.

She’s a creepy little kid yeah.
I do like how she seemed to know her dad was gonna break, and was right there when he did!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 02:26 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

She was creepy before she took the pill.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 02:29 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by juggernaut74
She was creepy before she took the pill.

Can’t argue that.
She had a Wednesday Addams thing going on!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 12:41 PM
riv6672

Man that kid is just evil!

Next week's the part one finale. I am really digging this two part approach so far. This story's moved really fast.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:07 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

How many episodes is Death Valley going to be?

And is it going to be connected to Red Tide?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 03:54 PM
riv6672

Should be five eps same as this first part, and from what I’ve read there IS a connection,
Most reviewers are going w. alien blood for the pills.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 05:40 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I am going with the chemist being a real vampire using her own blood

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:27 PM
riv6672

I am going with the chemist being a real vampire using her own blood

^^^That’d be a twist!

The alien blood seems too obvious, but I can’t see any other way the stories might connect.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 12:34 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The Chemist kinda reminds me of Lady Gaga's character from Hotel (who was a vampire) with all of the fancy high end clothing and overall glamorous style.

Though the alien blood theory makes more sense but from a story telling stand I think if would have made more sense to have Death Valley air first but I suppose it don't really matter which part aired first.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 02:26 PM
riv6672

I dont recall much from Hitel (it’s the worst season for me so I just zoned out most of it). Were the GaGa vamps supernatural?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 10:22 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

They're not supernatural It's described as a virus.

They are however immortal.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2021 04:30 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Chemist kinda reminds me of Lady Gaga's character from Hotel (who was a vampire) with all of the fancy high end clothing and overall glamorous style.

The Chemist was hot though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 24th, 2021 12:54 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

They're not supernatural It's described as a virus.

They are however immortal.

^^^Well that’s not too bad, considering how viruses usually go!

The finale was…good, I guess.
Evan Peters’ character was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: not a pale person, which really surprised me.
Alma [SPOILER - highlight to read]: taking out her dad was a foregone conclusion, but I enjoyed watch daddy dumbass walk steadily towards his demise w. each decision. I didn’t feel bad for him at all, considering some of the shit he said to his wife after she’d turned pale.
Ursula was freaking [SPOILER - highlight to read]: low key amazing when you add up all the shit she pulled off and avoided throughout the story. She also had enough self awareness to know she shouldn’t take the pills which I thought was very cool.
The chemist was pretty good, and man did she stir some shit up towards the end there.
She, Alma and Ursula were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a heck of a power trio, but I could see that partnership end bloody if they’d all stuck together long term.
And those ****ing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: townspeople and the cop played by Dot-Marie Jones[/poiler] needed an ep. all to themselves though. I think it would have been fun/funny and prob. would have ended [spoiler]just as bloody as it did for all the pill popping pseudo vamps.
That prissy little Holden character had supervillain written all over him! Plus we could have maybe seen Billie Lourd‘s tattoo character again. She just disappeared from all the shenanigans.

And now onto part 2!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2021 09:06 AM
riv6672

First ep. of part two was on point.
Great use of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dean Martin’s That's Amore.
I was only kidding when I told my kid [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ”watch, all four of them are pregnant”, but damn if it wasn’t the case. Also liked the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: cow mutilation. That, along w. the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ”we got the last sixty years of tech advances from aliens”makes it seem like they’re running the Ancient Aliens playbook verbatim.

Neal McDonough as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eisenhower was hella fun, but he’s not going to win any awards for accuracy! He’s basically just being himself, which is fine. Kinda reminds me of Chevy Chase doing Gerald Ford back in the day on SNL. laughing

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 09:32 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Part 2 is interesting so far.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 07:20 PM