KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » American Horror Story

American Horror Story
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

I guess what I'm trying to understand is how did she get there. Wasn't she still alive? Or did Leveau's contract being void mean that Lalaurie became mortal? I think I missed something sad

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:24 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Ah, yeah you must have 'cause the fat chick killed her.

Edit: Ah, now I see what you are saying. Yeah, once Leveau's contract was made void and she was killed, Lalaurie became mortal.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Last edited by ares834 on Jan 24th, 2014 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:28 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

OH!!! Okay now everything makes sense. Thanks dude smile

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
-Great Priest-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Also what exactly happened to Lalaurie and Leveau? I know Papa Legba is collecting from his contract with Leveau but how did Lalaurie get there?
The Voodoo Queen was granted immortality by Legba under the strict contractual agreement that she do him a favor every year. However, Queenie brought it to Legba's attention that since Lalaurie chopped up VQ and scattered her all over the city, she was no longer able to fulfill her end of the agreement, and therefore in 'breach of contract'. Because VQ could no longer hold up to her end of the bargain, Legba presumably removed her immortality off-screen(and since she was already hacked up, removing said immortality would've instantly killed her.)

As Legba also informed us: Lalaurie's immortality was entirely dependent on VQ's immortality--but now that VQ was dead, Lalaurie was able to be killed *enter Queenie stabbing her to death.*

When we later saw them in Lalaurie's torture chamber(with VQ begrudgingly doing the torturing), they were in Hell--their personification of it, at least. They were dead, but condemned to relive their worst fears over and over for the rest of eternity.

大神官

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Galan007

As Legba also informed us: Lalaurie's immortality was entirely dependent on VQ's immortality--but now that VQ was dead, Lalaurie was able to be killed *enter Queenie stabbing her to death.*

This is the part I missed. I didn't know that Queenie had killed Lalaurie. I did know that Laveau was instant killed by removing her immortality. So...anyone going to do anything about the baby Laveau kidnapped? Its just going to stay with ghost butler? Okay then?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:11 PM
Galan007
-Great Priest-

It's in good hands. shifty

大神官

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So...the moment we've all been waiting for and its[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cordellia....no expression. Not sure about the rest of you folks but that just reeks of "meh" considering after the previous two episodes I though for sure it would be Queenie. Also though not important in anyway I still want to know what happened to that baby. Also Madison disappearing into obscurity is all kinds of ironic and I think that the season would've ended better with Papa Legba but that's just me

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 04:13 AM
Galan007
-Great Priest-

The Cordelia thing came out of left field for sure. I never expected her to be the Supreme, but I'm glad she was. I never once thought it would be Queenie--if anything, I had my money on Zoe.

I wish they would have shown Madison being tormented by Legba after she was killed, while Spalding had a go at her corpse. She was an amazing cunt.

Didn't expect Myrtle to willingly burn(again.) I also didn't expect Misty to die during the trials. Fiona's death was absolutely perfect, however.

The baby thing was just...Odd. Seems like a completely unneeded(and ultimately overlooked) plot-point. At least have one of the girls find it and take it to the authorities, for cripes sake.

Stevie Nicks was just turrble... But at least we only had to put up with her once this time(and she was lip synching, which was even better.)

All in all this was a very good season--by far the best yet, imo. I actually wish they'd continue this season's story(it has a LOT of untapped potential), but that's obviously not going to happen. sad

大神官

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 04:15 PM
ares834
Grand Moff

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So...the moment we've all been waiting for and its[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cordellia....no expression. Not sure about the rest of you folks but that just reeks of "meh" considering after the previous two episodes I though for sure it would be Queenie. Also though not important in anyway I still want to know what happened to that baby. Also Madison disappearing into obscurity is all kinds of ironic and I think that the season would've ended better with Papa Legba but that's just me

Queenie? Really? I was thinking it would be either Zoe or Cordellia (the out of left field choice). And I was right.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 04:38 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

I haven't posted for a while but here goes.

The later portion of this season has been pretty dissapointing. Since Marie joined the witches it became rather boring and campy.

There was no more suspense just jokes to appease fans and a stupid love triangle. Even Fiona became OTP.

The Finale was the worst out of all the ones in AHS.
Boring, unsuspensful and Cordelia being the new supreme was already guessed based on the opening credits. The show barely resolved anything and what it did resolve it didn't do well. And the blatant attempt to mimic the perfection of the season 2 finale with Lana and Cordelia fell flat.

The second half of the season really dragged it down.

Season 2 is still the best imo.

Last edited by Rikudo sennin on Jan 30th, 2014 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 04:51 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by ares834
Queenie? Really? I was thinking it would be either Zoe or Cordellia (the out of left field choice). And I was right.

Its just as out of left field as Cordellia. Though I did expect it to be Zoe until the string of Queenie episodes that led me to that. Also I might be cruel but I thought Zoe's hell was unbelievably pathetic.

However the season finale as a whole was superb and Fiona's death was well done IMO. Though I still wanted it to end on Papa Legba but hey that's just me.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 08:58 PM
ares834
Grand Moff

By "out of left field" I mean in comparison to Zoe, who was the obvious choice.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 09:56 PM
Galan007
-Great Priest-

Tbh, I was convinced that Zoe was the Supreme after she easily negated the Voodoo Queen's zombie army back in ep. 5--VQ even commented on her tremendous power afterward.

But alas...

大神官

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 10:37 PM
Arachnid1

The Cordelia thing came out of left field for sure. I never expected her to be the Supreme, but I'm glad she was. I never once thought it would be Queenie--if anything, I had my money on Zoe.

I wish they would have shown Madison being tormented by Legba after she was killed, while Spalding had a go at her corpse. She was an amazing cunt.

I also didn't expect Misty to die during the trials. Fiona's death was absolutely perfect, however.

All in all this was a very good season--by far the best yet, imo. I actually wish they'd continue this season's story(it has a LOT of untapped potential), but that's obviously not going to happen. sad
Agreed with all of these, except my money being on Zoe. I honestly thought Misty was going to be the winner. She left her happy life of saving people in the swamp for this shit? She was one of the only witches destined for a good life in heaven. Instead, she gets f*cked into hell for eternity? That sucked. She was my favorite character, who I thought would be the underdog to come out on top as Supreme and lead the coven into a bright new age. Instead, she goes to hell and no one cares except Cordelia? Damn it.

The baby thing wasn't really a unresolved plot point I think. I think it was just supposed to be a disturbing point in a horror show. It definitely worked for that.

Madison was undeed a ****. I wanted to see her hell.

Fionas last scene with Cordelia was great. Her hell was fitting too. Having to experience her the moment after her death where she gets introduced to her hell (her mortality being her worst fear) over and over for eternity was pretty sucky as far as hell goes.

The only real plot point that was completely unresolved that I always wondered about was Fiona being souless. Wtf happen with her soul? She apparently never had one? I had a prediction that she sold her soul decades ago to save Cordelias life or something, which is why her soulless body was always terrible to her. Apparently not. She was just born soulless somehow.

Overall, good season. Misty's death is one of the saddest I've seen on TV. That sucked.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 11:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
-Great Priest-

Originally posted by Arachnid1
The only real plot point that was completely unresolved that I always wondered about was Fiona being souless. Wtf happen with her soul? She apparently never had one? I had a prediction that she sold her soul decades ago to save Cordelias life or something, which is why her soulless body was always terrible to her. Apparently not. She was just born soulless somehow.
I think that was more of a metaphorical type of statement used to convey how f*cking horrible Fiona was as a person. After all, her soul was sent to Hell after she died, so she couldn't have been completely soulless.

大神官

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 08:25 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Still kind of wanted to at least see Madison's hell or whatever happened to her body....just a quick glimps is all. I do admit to cringing a bit seeing Misty's hell and her subsequent death. And even though it would've been kind of pointless I find it funny how they don't let Zoe finish the 7 wonders: unless dicking around and killing herself with teleportation disqualified her.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 09:52 PM
swarner11
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice horror program

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 06:40 PM
swarner11 is currently offline Click here to Send swarner11 a Private Message Find more posts by swarner11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
-Great Priest-

Anyone catch the first episode of 'Freak Show'? Anyone as weirded-out by it as me?

大神官

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 03:39 PM
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Yes and yes.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch this season. It's interesting though.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:02 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Anyone catch the first episode of 'Freak Show'? Anyone as weirded-out by it as me?

Lobster Boy giving them ladies the Super Shocker.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 09:07 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote