KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » American Horror Story

American Horror Story
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
Dai Kaioshin

Anyone catch the first few episodes of Season 6 (aka. "My Roanoke Nightmare")..? I'm digging the new format -- it's filmed like a paranormal documentary series... Enjoying it so far. thumb up

{edit}
This link sheds some light on the story: Ryan Murphy Talks Season 6.

"I AM the one true God of all Universes!!!"

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 26th, 2016 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 03:04 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

It's pretty good so far. The new format is interesting, though does unfortunately spoil the three main characters' survival.

I like that they are moving away from the sort of campy black comedy presentation Hotel had in favor of more traditional horror, and I really like the locale (the boonies!)

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 04:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Wasn't a fan of Hotel

i'm liking the new season so far.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Just binged the first 5 seasons on Netflix. How did this show fly under my radar so long?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 09:01 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

hahah i did the same smile

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 08:22 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Bump! Cult premiered last night and I thought it was relatively good; interesting at the least. I didn't think it was that scary, though, which hopefully will change.

Billie Lourd (Carrie Fisher's daughter) was incredible though. She had the best line in the episode, lol.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 10:14 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-NOV 2017

^^The answers to the intense pain/pleasure questions?

All in all not a bad episode.
This series has always been more interesting to me than scary, and this premiere established enough plot threads to seem worthwhile.
As long as it doesnt meander all over the place like Hotel did.
That was easily the weakest season of the show for me, with wooden characters i felt nothing for.
The characters in Cult, after just one hour, left me wanting to see more of them so thats a good sign.

That's not a bat. This...is a bat.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 10:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

When Billie was showing the kid people getting stabbed to death on the dark web and then she goes "I'll go get some cookies", LOL.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 11:31 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

Liked it and 'tis definitely a return to form after the shitty 2nd half of Roanoke and the uneven Hotel. Kai is an interesting character and it will be interesting to see how they juggle Allies clown hallucinations with the culr

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:57 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

I honestly stopped watching early in the 5th season, I guess I gotta catch up.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 05:22 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Never been able to get into this show despite numerous attempts. A bit too heavy handed and with extremely sloppy narrative flow.

That said I'm going to probably watch this season with my gf because parts of it were filmed near her house. Apparently, there's even a scene shot where we had our first date. Also am kind of interested in how this season will relate to last year's election, but I have doubts that aspect will be done in an interesting way.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 07:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-NOV 2017

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
When Billie was showing the kid people getting stabbed to death on the dark web and then she goes "I'll go get some cookies", LOL.

That was a good one!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 04:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I wonder if Twisty is going to come back somehow?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 03:21 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

Easily the best season since Coven imo

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:35 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-NOV 2017

This last ep. went a long way towards making the disjointed fun that was the first few eps make a lot more sense in hindsight (while still leaving unanswered questions).
I appreciated that.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:28 AM
Surtur

When I heard Lena Dunham was gonna be in a season I was dismayed, but then thought wait that truly *is* a horror story.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:33 AM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Liked it and 'tis definitely a return to form after the shitty 2nd half of Roanoke and the uneven Hotel. Kai is an interesting character and it will be interesting to see how they juggle Allies clown hallucinations with the culr
I didn't mind Roanoke.

As far as Cult goes there don't seem to be any supernatural themes in the season so far. Twisty was just a flashback or he was in Ozy's imagination.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 05:46 PM