KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Phantom Menace 3D

The Phantom Menace 3D
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
It would be funny if 3D went belly up in 4 or 5 years.

Avatar 2 will give it a few more years. The only way 3D movies work is if they're shot in 3D...or if it is a CG movie.

Disney did great with The Lion King, and they're prepping more releases for next year, and the following... I don't think it'll go away for the next couple of years at the very least

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 17th, 2011 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 01:58 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lion King only did well because everyone likes the original. It's something that will work for events... like Lion King, like Star Wars... but for regular filmmaking? I dunno..

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 08:37 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

3D will still be available like it is now by the time ROTS comes out.

Unless they're really doing a great job with the conversion process (which I doubt cuz all converted movies look like sh*t anyways) LF should have released each movie every 6 months erm at the very least

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 05:48 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah well... we'll see what happens.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 06:04 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Without commenting on the quality of TPM, I'm excited to see it in theaters again.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by S_D_J
3D will still be available like it is now by the time ROTS comes out.

Unless they're really doing a great job with the conversion process (which I doubt cuz all converted movies look like sh*t anyways) LF should have released each movie every 6 months erm at the very least

Agreed this year between movies is crap.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 09:08 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sw is fading... such great intervals doesn't help.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 08:21 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Shite movie plus shite medium of projection... equals.....?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 12:06 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

... shitloads of money

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 06:06 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ha. Youre probably right, judging by the business that Transformers 3 did.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I feel sorry for you SW fanboys. Lucas just milks you guys with the same movies over and over again.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:02 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Decent trailer. Gotta love how Jar Jar isn't in it...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:15 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The trailer doesn't show me how it's going to look in 3D, just looks like a regular trailer.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 04:16 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Trailer doesn't work anymore.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 05:36 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by The Nuul
I feel sorry for you SW fanboys. Lucas just milks you guys with the same movies over and over again.

You assume too much.

I most likely will not be bothering. Maybe with ROTJ and ESB. But thats it.

The bluray versions of the movies are as far as I go.
(And even then I only really bother with Eps 3-6.)

Fanboys would be the clone wars addicts and automatic accepters of whatver Lucas does.

Hardcore SW fans are different. A more discerning bunch.
So calling us all fanboys is a bit off.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:54 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
You assume too much.

I most likely will not be bothering. Maybe with ROTJ and ESB. But thats it.

The bluray versions of the movies are as far as I go.
(And even then I only really bother with Eps 3-6.)

Fanboys would be the clone wars addicts and automatic accepters of whatver Lucas does.

Hardcore SW fans are different. A more discerning bunch.
So calling us all fanboys is a bit off.

you are a bit off with that as well

by your definition Hardcore SW fans are the ones that don't accept anything Lucas gives, besides the untouched OT, and excuse me for being blunt but that's dumb... those are just cynics.

You, and by you I mean it in a general sense (not directed at you Sadako), can't alienate everyone else just because you think you're hardcore and what constitute what every other hardcore fans thinks and likes.

There are people who like the PT ( blink shock!), there are others who like CW, ppl who love the EU, or an specific era/thread of the EU, and they're hardcore SW fans as well... or just someone who enjoys SW and are not bother to make a fuss everytime something gets change/mess with, but that doesn't mean they like or accept any change/re-release made.

everyone's entitled to opinion

Originally posted by The Nuul

If it makes money it's because there are people who enjoy it and want to see it again, no one forces anyone to fork more money. No one says just because you're a SW fans you are obligated to spend money on it, even if you hate it.

Transformers 3 did as well as it did because there were people who like the previous 2, there were some who like the third one so much they went for repeat viewings. Why does that bother people, that there are others with different taste?

There are just cynics... and then there's assh*le cynics

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 25th, 2011 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 03:52 AM
ares834

Gasp!

Don't compare Bayformers to SW. Hell, they make AotC look like an Academy Award winning moive.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 04:24 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by ares834
Gasp!

Don't compare Bayformers to SW. Hell, they make AotC look like an Academy Award winning moive.

hehehe

it's apple and oranges, some like both fruits, or hate one... or both equally

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 05:10 AM
queeq
Chaos

Just because one likes one thing or the other, doesn't mean you can't argue about it. I think there are very valid points why the OT is stronger in storytelling and cinematograhpy. You can say you LIKE AOTC, but that doesn't make it a very good movie. Because it's not really. However, you can watch it as often as you want on VHS, DVD, Blu Ray or 3D. You're welcome to it.

And I agree with Sadako, you can be a fan and be critical. For instance: ANH is great but the Toshi Station quote is quite whiny... plus Harrison Ford is not acting his best in the cockpit scene with Leia after the DS escape... ROTJ has serious flaws as well... And yet overall, the OT is most certainly better than the PT. Stunning special effects don't a good movie make.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 08:57 AM