KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Phantom Menace 3D

The Phantom Menace 3D
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Actually he was 3D in the Blu-Ray version of the movie, dunno if he was CGI before that but thats the first time they replaced the puppet with CGI that I know of anyway

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 11:31 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Right I haven't got the blu-ray..

Jeez so the 3d was pretty pointless then. Oh well I guess we all like paying Lucas more money Lol

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The original TPM Yoda puppet was terrible... just compare it to the one in ESB which is totally stunning still..

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:59 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh yeah Im glad they made that change, just dnt think its worth paying 3d cinema tickets for basically that one major change and some lame 3d. Especially considering the changes are on blu-ray anyway.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

True, digi Yoda was already on the BD. Which prolly was part of one package anyway: BD and 3D.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:37 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

MORE MONEY FOR LUCAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/star-wars-...-091600817.html

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 05:08 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ He is a money making genius. No one can deny that!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 06:27 PM
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
MORE MONEY FOR LUCAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/star-wars-...-091600817.html

Did you seriously not expect that? ALL movies released in 3D in theaters have 3D Blu-rays. If I had a 3D TV, I would buy 3D Blu-rays.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:45 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Now that is one I don't think I will be buying. I have no 3D tv and I don't think I will get one anytime soon. A lot of extra money for litte additional pleasure.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 09:08 PM
coolmovies

Also INDIANA JONES IS COMMING TO BLU RAY THIS FALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV87cO08eb0

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 10:36 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by queeq
Now that is one I don't think I will be buying. I have no 3D tv and I don't think I will get one anytime soon. A lot of extra money for litte additional pleasure.

And there's no real motivation to get a 3d tv just for this anyway considering the 3d itself was pretty lame.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 12:34 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, in most movies I've seen the 3D doesn't add very much (Toy Story, Alice in Wonderland, Tron, Puss in Boots, Three Musketeers (yes, yuck), Monsters vs. Aliens). I liked TinTin, but no doubt 2D will work just as fine.

The only good 3D experience, and unrivaled IMHO, was Avatar. But one movie is not enough to buy a 3D tv.

Originally posted by coolmovies
Also INDIANA JONES IS COMMING TO BLU RAY THIS FALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV87cO08eb0

Now THAT I will buy and donate to the George Lucas Retirement Fund.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 05:24 PM
LanceWindu

The TV I was buying today (See your thread) was a 3D TV with a 3D Blu-ray bundle and 4 pairs of glasses. Only $698, which is cheaper than other TVs of the same size there.

I would have used it on PS3 games and certain movies. It also has a convert 2D to 3D function that I wanted to play around with.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 01:13 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, yes but that's another $700 and I have a fine HDTV at home. Plus the 3D blu rays are more expensive than the normal BD's.

And... you'd have to wear glasses to see 3D that only lasts the size of the set. And I can't fit a huge one in my house.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:30 AM
LanceWindu

Well, yes but that's another $700 and I have a fine HDTV at home. Plus the 3D blu rays are more expensive than the normal BD's.

And... you'd have to wear glasses to see 3D that only lasts the size of the set. And I can't fit a huge one in my house.

I've found the 3D Blu-ray movies are rarely more expensive. Maybe because not many people buy them, so they are trying to clear the warehouses.

This TV would be an excuse to put our old TV in the bedroom. 42" at the foot of the bed. wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 04:41 PM
darthmaul1

It's a fad and i for one will not be buying it untill it actually displays a full color hologram that you can sit in the middle of and watch the action around you! who the hell wants to sit with those damn glasses on all the time.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 05:12 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't even have a 42" and I certainly can't fit one in my bedroom.

But watching with glasses on a relatively small screen doesn't rock my boat. Especially since most 3D experiences weren't all the exciting in the cinema in the first place.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 05:50 PM
chinabing

The original TPM Yoda puppet was terrible... just compare it to the one in ESB which is totally stunning still..

I disagree, it was not terrible. The TPM puppet was just fine. I like puppets better than cgi, for Yoda at least.

They should have made a better effort to duplicate what was in the original TPM puppet.

If it's not better, they shouldn't have done it.

Anakin getting tested by Yoda in the chamber was much better with the puppet than the cgi. Yoda's line "I sense much fear in you" has far more gravitas with the puppet.

The "Obi-wan knighted" scene was much better with a puppet too, as is the Qui-Gon BBQ scene.

And he should be smiling during the parade. Not scowling.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 05:55 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I am kinda fond of the puppet... but the ESB puppet was far better than the TPM one.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:52 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by chinabing
I disagree, it was not terrible. The TPM puppet was just fine. I like puppets better than cgi, for Yoda at least.

They should have made a better effort to duplicate what was in the original TPM puppet.

If it's not better, they shouldn't have done it.

Anakin getting tested by Yoda in the chamber was much better with the puppet than the cgi. Yoda's line "I sense much fear in you" has far more gravitas with the puppet.

The "Obi-wan knighted" scene was much better with a puppet too, as is the Qui-Gon BBQ scene.

And he should be smiling during the parade. Not scowling.

IMO the puppet was terrible in TPM, but nothing can compare to ESB puppet even the CGI

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 10:11 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote