KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X2 aka X-Men 2

X2 aka X-Men 2
Started by: LanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sünden

quote:
Yeah but this one ain't a comedy.But it has it laugh's once in while.

Samurai Jack is a comedy? Last I checked it was a pure action drama cartoon, obviously with a few quirks of comedy. Great show BTW.

Someone I know said that Striker would be the main villain for this. If so it explains the subtitle. Can't wait for this.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 08:00 PM
Sünden is currently offline Click here to Send Sünden a Private Message Find more posts by Sünden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sentinelrv

Warning How did you like X-Men 2?

I loved the movie. I thought it was better than the first. More action, more twists to the story. What did you think? You can also ask questions if you didn't understand something in it.

There probably will be spoilers so go to the theaters and watch the movie before reading and posting.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 05:28 PM
sentinelrv is currently offline Click here to Send sentinelrv a Private Message Find more posts by sentinelrv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain Tupolov
Mr. Tupolov

It was excellent. I think it would have been even better if one thing had been different. *may contain spoiler*

When the spec ops guys were attacking the house, we should have seen Wolverine say "I'll take care of the police".Then it does to the top floor of the mansion. He's carrying a minigun, he kicks a desk through the window. Then he goes to the window and begins shooting the helicopters. It would be just like T2.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 05:41 PM
Captain Tupolov is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Tupolov a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Tupolov Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rave
Royal Hottie

X2 is ten times better then first one.
Tupolov why do you want it like T2?I thought the movie is good the way it is.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 06:36 PM
Rave is currently offline Click here to Send Rave a Private Message Find more posts by Rave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sentinelrv

This really has spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't scroll down unless you have seen the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand something. Jean was acting strange through the whole movie. In the beginning she could hear everything and stuff and caused some kind of power surge. When the missiles were about to hit their ship her eyes turned turned a funny color like red fire and it seemed liked her power got boosted and knocked the missle away. But the second missile, she seemed to lose control with. When Cyclops was fighting Jean, her eyes turned firelike again and had an even bigger boost of power that just about blew up the dam. When the dam broke, she went outside and parted the waves and killed herself.

Is she really dead???? Why did Professor Xavier look out the window and smile at the end. Right after that it showed the lake again and Jean was talking about mutation. And also in the water I thought I saw a shadow of a giant bird. Is this just my imagination?

I never really watched the cartoon, but I remember seeing an episode where something happened to Jean. I think it was her. She was suffering from something that she couldn't control. I think it was called the red sphinx or something like that. Is there anybody that might be able to explain this. Maybe we could come up with a theory of what is going on.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 07:30 PM
sentinelrv is currently offline Click here to Send sentinelrv a Private Message Find more posts by sentinelrv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sentinelrv

I'm sorry, it is not called the red sphinx. It is called the Pheonix.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 07:50 PM
Rave
Royal Hottie

I hope she's the good Pheonix.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 07:56 PM
Rave is currently offline Click here to Send Rave a Private Message Find more posts by Rave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DRAGO
UNSEEN...

From what Ive heard it looks like she will be the bad Pheonix in part 3.

Anyway catch The Beast on the TV screen in the bar when Mystiques playing the hooker. Or Gambits name when Mystique is on the computer.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:02 PM
DRAGO is currently offline Click here to Send DRAGO a Private Message Find more posts by DRAGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sentinelrv

Hey, uh I don't know what you're talking about.(good/bad pheonix)
I never really watched the show. Could somebody please explain for me and others that don't know.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No point trying to predict it too much- the film plot will likely be divergent from the comics.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain Tupolov
Mr. Tupolov

I was just saying it would be funny if it did happen that way. I like X2 a lot.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:29 PM
Captain Tupolov is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Tupolov a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Tupolov Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The problem is, really, is that even a cut down version of the Phoenix Saga would take bloody ages to do with only one film every three years. So what they do will most likely be considerably different.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 4th, 2003 at 12:01 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

X2 was just plain amazing. we had to wait 3 hours for the next showing that wasn't sold out, but it was so worth it. Wolverine did a great job. stabbing people left and right is what he does best. that and playing an Arts Professor.

The preview were awesome too! i finally got to see the full matrix trailer on the big screen!

I'm not a big fan of the Hulk, and my opinion is that he looks REALLY goofy in the trailer. They tried to make it look really cool, but it came off as being comical and mediocre. The best part of The Hulk Trailer was when someone behind us shouted:

"He looks like Shrek!"

The movie was great, and ALL of the characters were just plain awesome

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:47 PM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Note that the review thread for this film is open in the reviews area...

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 08:59 PM
DRAGO
UNSEEN...

Hulk does look like shrek. HAHAHA!

Anyway, in the comics she was the good phoenix first and then turned into the bad one. And its pretty damn obvious that the whole thing will be dramatically reduced for time issues.

Old Post May 4th, 2003 01:50 AM
DRAGO is currently offline Click here to Send DRAGO a Private Message Find more posts by DRAGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Yeah I think the book was really good at the film was cool too. Did anyone see that 'Xposè' thing on TV? That was strange but I'm glad to see xmen taking to the next level. Xmen Rules.

Old Post May 4th, 2003 11:45 AM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zimbo
The craziest man ever

I just saw it................................it was good,better than first one

''If any of you so much as pass gas in my direction and upset my delicate nasal passages, your testicles will become my private property''.

Old Post May 4th, 2003 05:22 PM
zimbo is currently offline Click here to Send zimbo a Private Message Find more posts by zimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

That is what my friends are all telling me.

Old Post May 4th, 2003 07:54 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asuka_Langely02

X-men2 looks promising but I won't expect too much. Just in case in brings me down and I start crying. The only thing i'm dissappointed about are the actors who play some of the characters. As a big fan of Rogue, I cried the day when anna paquin is rogue! She even thinks Rogue has lame powers. Obviously she doesn't know ANYTHING about her character. I am so pissed.

Old Post May 5th, 2003 03:16 AM
Asuka_Langely02 is currently offline Click here to Send Asuka_Langely02 a Private Message Find more posts by Asuka_Langely02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Saw it today. The ending is begging the audiences into thinking that there'll be another film.

Night Crawler is narly.

Who cares about what Anna Paquin thinks, and who cares if she's Rogue! Doesn't affect the film anyway, and crying over it is kinda lame.

It's funny when [spoiler]Wolverine pumps the liquid metal into the chick with the same powers as him and she hits the ground wtih a resounding metal clank.[/poiler]

Old Post May 5th, 2003 03:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote