KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X2 aka X-Men 2

X2 aka X-Men 2
Started by: LanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Vicious

I Saw X2 over the weekend and it was awsome, a much more improved than the first one, all the characters were great especially wolverine going berserk and jean Grey was awsome, im looking forward to see how they play out the whole phoenix saga and the opening scenes with Nightcrawler were just great and Rogue was hot! and the scene with Mystique and Wolvie in the camping tent was so good, he is a very lucky guy!,lol

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 5th, 2003 02:12 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Saw it Friday night. Simply Awesome.

And the most dangerous mutant of all may appear in the sequel. You saw a glimpse at the end of the film. YEEEHAAAA!!!!

Old Post May 5th, 2003 05:32 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dlbrody

BOPRecruit 16: To correct you, If you look back to the classic X-Men you find out that Rouge is Mystique's daughter. NightCrawler has no relation. Don't let the blue skin fool you.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 04:19 PM
dlbrody is currently offline Click here to Send dlbrody a Private Message Find more posts by dlbrody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dlbrody

O.K. I must sort of correct myself. Since this is an ADAPTION, Nightcrawler could be Mystique's son. Rouge already has parents.

I would also love to see Havok (Scott's [cyclops] brother) in the future films.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 04:25 PM
dlbrody is currently offline Click here to Send dlbrody a Private Message Find more posts by dlbrody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dlbrody

DRAGO: Thanks for the Beast tip....Now I have to go see it again. I know there was supposed to be a cameo but I miised it . I caught Gambits though. So who the hell is the Kid with the blue tounge supposed to be. I did'nt watch the cartoon to much but have been an avid reader of the comics. Classic X-Men.

I sugesst picking up the Dark Pheonix saga.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 04:35 PM
turin

i hope that colosus gets more screen time in the next one. that dude is bad @## !!!

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 04:45 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah I heard he's like 6'7 think about that all metal!!

Old Post May 7th, 2003 03:14 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

now i had heard that wolverine and colosus have fought in the comic books, but what happens in the fight. does wolverines antiantum (excuse spelling) claws tear up colosus, or is his metal just as tuff?

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 7th, 2003 03:04 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I never heard of them fighting but I think Colosus body as tuff as wolervine metal but colosus can't kill wolervine because of wolverines healing factor.

Old Post May 7th, 2003 11:32 PM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midknight

I'm an old school X-Men comic reader. For those who don't know, someone said it before, I'll say it again, check out the dark phoneix saga.

The whole thing will play out quite interesting because as I remember, Jean Grey as Dark Phoneix was quite a bad girl. She was a mass murderer and began by destroying many of the X-Men's enemies with her mass powers including the Hellfire Club. She then lost her mind and went on to battle her former friends until she was finally destroyed. I hope we can see Jean Grey turn bad ass in the third installment.

The interesting thing is, when the comics were being written, and the writer (I forget if it was Chris Claremont at the time or not) wrote the scene where she killed over a million people, the editors of a then very strict Marvel, told the writer he would HAVE to kill Jean Grey because of what she had done. The writer then had plans for Phoenix but ultimately had to write her death under the strict guidelines of Marvel's law of mass murderering villians. It ended up being the most classic storyline in X-Men history.

In X-Men 3, yes I'd like to see Gambit and many others, but I really really want to see Havok, Cyclops' younger brother. That would be great.

Great movie. I've seen it twice so far. I loved Pyro and I can't wait to see him and the Brotherhood tearing up the streets.

Old Post May 12th, 2003 11:54 PM
Midknight is currently offline Click here to Send Midknight a Private Message Find more posts by Midknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sentinelrv

About Gambit, if I'm right, he's the one that can throw cards that blow up on impact. How can that be evolution? What I mean is how can Gambit's evolution cause him to be able to throw explosive cards at people. Everybody else is fine. Beast evolves into a beast. That seems like it could happen. I just don't see how you can have the power of throwing cards. Please correct me if I'm wrong about his powers.

Old Post May 13th, 2003 04:10 PM
sentinelrv is currently offline Click here to Send sentinelrv a Private Message Find more posts by sentinelrv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

lol, you are kinda wrong
Gambit uses cards, mostly but not always
actualy he can charge any object in his hands with some kind of energy
I think it's electrical energy
and than it explodes after a while
he usualy uses cards but there are comics where he uses a metal chain, a chair and even one where he just puts the entire person under energy
(no the person does not explode)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 13th, 2003 04:29 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Gambit

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
lol, you are kinda wrong
Gambit uses cards, mostly but not always
actualy he can charge any object in his hands with some kind of energy
I think it's electrical energy
and than it explodes after a while
he usualy uses cards but there are comics where he uses a metal chain, a chair and even one where he just puts the entire person under energy
(no the person does not explode)

Almost completely right - I found a page with all the x-men powers on it - gambit charges objects with KINETIC energy...

Old Post May 16th, 2003 06:30 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MISTA T

In the movie there's a file on Stryker's computer which says Remy LeBeau which is Gambits real name. There's also an interview which announces Dr. Hank McCoy who is really Beast and you probably seen the Phoenix lying in the water after Jean Grey's death. Hint Hint, next movie. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 17th, 2003 03:02 PM
MISTA T is currently offline Click here to Send MISTA T a Private Message Find more posts by MISTA T Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackScorpion
Black Velvet Demon

Another little note on Gambits powers: he doesn't actually need to touch the object he wants to charge. He can also just look at it, but he doesn't use this often, I guess it is harder or something? And this is underlined by the fact he also doesn't need to touch the object with his hands, any part of his body is enough.

As Phoenix says, kinetic energy: look up the word kinetic wink

"Y'all shouldn't mess with Gambit, I got a deck of cards with your name on it.."

Old Post May 18th, 2003 11:50 AM
BlackScorpion is currently offline Click here to Send BlackScorpion a Private Message Find more posts by BlackScorpion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Too bad Colussus didn't have a big part in this movie then hoping.

Old Post May 19th, 2003 10:49 PM
KurtVagner

Its called creative writing everyone. Just a statement. I know most of the people here know of the true Xmen! Professor Xavier, Angel (worthington) Dr. Henry McCoy, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman (Bobby Drake). And in the movies they have Rogue being taken under Wolverine's Wings (Claws) which in the comics she was rasied by Mystique. I believe the Actors and Actresses are a perfect match for their characters. I also would like to see Havok. Does any One know who the Summers Boys father is? UHHHHH oh yeah who is Artie the young boy in X2 that sticks out the black forked tounge? ( creative writing)

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 03:07 AM
KurtVagner is currently offline Click here to Send KurtVagner a Private Message Find more posts by KurtVagner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

They didn't say maybe a new made up mutant.

Old Post May 24th, 2003 01:18 AM
Nightcrawler
Bamfette

arg! i hate the mutant they made up fer X-Men Evolution!! Spyke sux!! i hate him soooooo much!!! arg! death by microwave fer Spyke!!! ooh... that *would* be interesting...

Old Post May 28th, 2003 05:08 AM
Nightcrawler is currently offline Click here to Send Nightcrawler a Private Message Find more posts by Nightcrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Plataveloz

For those who doesn't know nothing about the phoenix:
hem.passagen.se/hggblom1/phoenix/phoenix.htm

Old Post May 28th, 2003 04:08 PM
Plataveloz is currently offline Click here to Send Plataveloz a Private Message Find more posts by Plataveloz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote