KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Avengers 2012

The Avengers 2012
Started by: jhonebrin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

erm

People just don't have faith in Joss regardless of his previous work.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 05:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

Because everything the Kubrick has ever done was a masterpiece, right?

Wait...that was a bad example.

K...how about this...

Everything Whedon has ever done was a masterpiece, right?

AHA! Gotcha, now!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 06:04 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah.....good one for trying to be a cocky shit

just does'nt work with me your silly schoolboy tactics.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 06:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah.....good one for trying to be a cocky shit

just does'nt work with me your silly schoolboy tactics.

laughing

Holy shit, man.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 07:24 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

erm

I honestly don't. I don't know if I liked anything that he directed and very few things that he wrote. His involvement actually makes me less excited.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 08:49 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I should wash your mouth out with soup.. or wash your hands and keyboard with soap, lol...

Dude, I don't care who you are: Firefly/Serenity is fu<king great. He has a knack for handling multiple characters. And I like to think that if he had directed Alien Resurrection then it would have been a lot better, cuz it really wasn't badly written, just badly done by Frenchie. It is entertaining, though. So I honestly can't think of a BETTER person to do this otherwise Michael Bay wannabe garbage. And it actually does look pretty fun on the trailer, so that's a good sign. You can't blame them for making it look like Transformers considering the success of those shit films, but this will be far better with Joss' involvement.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 10:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I actually wasn't a big fan of Serenity...

It was good but not amazing. But the rest of his stuff was great.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 10:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I seriously fanboyed over Firefly and Serenity. Its just the sense of originality, charm and genuine love that makes it for me. But yeah, I loved Serenity. Maybe not so good if you havn't watched the series, but epic if you have.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 10:24 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ares834
I actually wasn't a big fan of Serenity...

It was good but not amazing. But the rest of his stuff was great.

Yeah, it helps to see the show, Firefly. That makes a big difference. Really good shit. thumb up I'd much rather see more Firefly/Serenity than Avengers, personally. Maybe this can help spark his success so he can continue it... *crosses fingers*

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 04:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Firefly was decent. The fact that it was basically red necks in space and Mal was a douchebag lessens its appeal, though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 08:57 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

They were cowboys in space. When they spoke, they mostly spoke "polite western," they got words mixed up, but they were still trying to speak their best [whether sarcastic or not]. And Mal was never in anyway a douchebag. He made jokes about crude things, but that was as far as he went. They all had bad experiences, and that sort of thing rubs off on you.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 09:33 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It strikes me as cliche. I've never been a fan of the "chaotic evil" "criminal with a heart of gold" character. Same reason I dislike James Bond.

As for the redneck vs. cowboy thing. I'm born and raised in San Francisco. They all sound the same to me. stick out tongue

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 10:02 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just been reading Lou Ferrigo voice the Hulk.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 03:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

A look at Loki's army in Lego form

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87740

they don't look very skrull to me, someone in the comments might be right the Badoon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badoon

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 08:12 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Joss Whedon Already Talking AVENGERS 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=55975

quote:
When asked how Avengers 2 could top next month's epic, superhero blockbuster, Whedon responded: "By not trying to. By being smaller. More personal, more painful. "By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:59 AM
rudester
Tommy

just wait until the movie crashes then we will see if he's still talking about it.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 11:38 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So much negativity from this forum....

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 11:49 AM
rudester
Tommy

No, I ment it doesnt look like a good movie. It looks like a movie where a guy made a phone call found a producer who hired a writer, put some names in a hat and said lets make a super hero movie, because super hero movies are whats popular right now and we need to sell box office tickets...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 11:57 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Movie looks awesome. rudester just needs a man and he's taking his frustrations out on the Avengers.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 12:25 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

lol, well, to some extent I see where rudester is coming from. There's some truth to that, because comic book movies are what's popular right now. Even the ones that suck (as far as I'm concerned *cough*Cpt. American*cough*) do well at the box office (I mean, why the f*ck did so many foreigners go see that bullshit??!). Of course it was motivated by wanting to sell movie tickets. The comic book nerds are a big draw. That being said, The Avengers does look pretty good.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 01:09 PM