KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's place among the Elite Force Users

Revan's place among the Elite Force Users
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

i didnt ask for this

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Sex is just a gender, remember?

What does this even mean?
Originally posted by Nephthys
But an ass is still an ass.

(please log in to view the image)
Do you expect me to not argue back?

Though really my reluctance simply comes from the poor argument against it. Nothing so far has been particularly compelling that Kreia is wrong.

Indeed. Because of the limits on world-building found in conventional narrative (as opposed to dedicated world-building a la Tolkien, wherein every passing observation is followed by several pages of poetry, history, and metaphysical contemplation) we have to look at what the author of the piece was intending with any given scene. For example, the conversation with Tobin on the Ravager is one that is clearly meant to be the buildup/announcement/reveal of N.'s true nature. That he is a fallible source does not erase his testimony. I suspect that you will agree, RevanSpoilers, based on your usage of that quote from Avellone.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Z.
For example, the conversation with Tobin on the Ravager is one that is clearly meant to be the buildup/announcement/reveal of N.'s true nature. That he is a fallible source does not erase his testimony. I suspect that you will agree, RevanSpoilers, based on your usage of that quote from Avellone.

I think that this is an argument that is routinely abused and misapplied by those among us who favor specific characters over others. For example, a poster might be inclined to accept Tobin's testimony as the gospel truth and might justify it by similar, if not identical reasoning: His words are clearly intended to reflect the intent of the author and, to an extent, the official stance of the Lucas media empire. But when the historians of the New Republic come along and declare that a certain Sith Lord whose title isn't Nihilus is the most powerful Sith ever in The New Essential Chronology, that same poster seems equally inclined to toss it in the garbage heap.

My personal belief is that we need to apply the same scrutiny and standards to all fallible sources and their testimony and not give sources that we like a free pass.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 06:10 AM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

At the bottom, like always.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 09:13 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoom3
Fastest Man in the World

ARE YOU REALLY ASKING THIS?!

Are you really asking this question?! Revan is descirbed as the most powerful jedi of his time. He's in the top ten EASY!!!! Any one who says that he's lower than the top twenty is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 02:22 AM
Click here to Send zoom3 a Private Message Find more posts by zoom3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I don't really see him as all that powerful. After all, he was taken out of commission by just two blasts of lightning from a sith who was done in by a completely random Jedi Knight..

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 06:00 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is a terrible argument considering this random Jedi knight is said to be uber powerful. Plus, it's an MMO. If you watch the Jedi knight ending, you'll see that single powerful blast of force lightning took out 3-4 Jedi masters simultaneously.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by truejedi
I don't really see him as all that powerful. After all, he was taken out of commission by just two blasts of lightning from a sith who was done in by a completely random Jedi Knight..

I don't really see Darth Sidious as all that powerful. After all, he was taken out of commission by a smuggler Han Solo and a Jedi freak named Empatojayos Brand. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously?

Now watch this:

Does this looks like normal burst of Force Lightning to you?

Drew described his power as a swirling storm of pure dark side energy.

And not to forget that Lord Vitiate is stated to be capable of unleashing full power of the dark side.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 18th, 2011 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 02:52 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Lord Vitiate is stated to be capable of unleashing full power of the dark side.
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Which is a terrible argument

Is it just me or has the level of argumentation (esp. pertaining to this new MMO) taken a nosedive?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't really see Darth Sidious as all that powerful. After all, he was taken out of commission by a smuggler Han Solo and a Jedi freak named Empatojayos Brand. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well he was dying at the time from his body degenerating under his own power.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Well he was dying at the time from his body degenerating under his own power.

He was still strong enough to defeat Leia and kill Ysanna.

However, he has been put out of commission in one of the worst ways possible. The mighty Palpatine eventually falls to a smuggler and a Jedi freak with a sucky name. Who would have thunk it.

Coming back to the real point:

Pay attention to the statement of truejedi. It is utterly baseless. The manner in which he put it undermines the capabilities of both Lord Vitiate and Revan.

Originally posted by Zampanó
Is it just me or has the level of argumentation (esp. pertaining to this new MMO) taken a nosedive?

No, such a statement is coming from the novel.

Lord Vitiate is stated to have unleashed the full power of the dark side on Planet Nathema.

He did it again against T3-M4, shattering it in to a million pieces in an instant.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 05:42 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I like your continual use of [b]Lord[/b[ Vitiate, as if he's some real person your referring to. It's not comical in the slightest.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

What is wrong with using the term Lord here? It is similar in the sense of Lord Kas'im, Lord Kaan, Lord Scourge blah blah.

It is one of terms associated with names of Sith Lords in Star Wars mythos like Darth.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 06:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He was still strong enough to defeat Leia and kill Ysanna.

However, he has been put out of commission in one of the worst ways possible. The mighty Palpatine eventually falls to a smuggler and a Jedi freak with a sucky name. Who would have thunk it.

Coming back to the real point:

Pay attention to the statement of truejedi. It is utterly baseless. The manner in which he put it undermines the capabilities of both Lord Vitiate and Revan.

I know. Quite impressive is it not, to be capable of such feats when moments from death?

And Malgus got beaten by 4 smugglers while in perfect condition. LOL!

I think truejedi was trying to undermine those two actually.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I know. Quite impressive is it not, to be capable of such feats when moments from death?

Certainly. He was not dying though. His clone body was getting ravaged by his immense power and he needed a new one.

However, the manner in which he has been put out is a disgrace to his reputation in my opinion. He deserved better.

Revan has been put out in a respectful manner.

And Malgus got beaten by 4 smugglers while in perfect condition. LOL!

LOL! The beauty of game. big grin

I think truejedi was trying to undermine those two actually.

Yes. This is my intended point.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 06:36 PM
ares834

Jesus Christ do you have any clue what was happening during said comic?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 07:39 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's just being glib. To be honest he's not actually wrong here. TJ ignored the circumstances about Vitiates death, as did LeGenD.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 07:44 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ares834
Jesus Christ do you have any clue what was happening during said comic?

Yes, I have. I intended to make truejedi realize the absurdity of his claim with this example.

It is easy to undermine characters with our narrations, if we exclude valid details from them.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 18th, 2011 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 08:27 PM
ares834

Sure, but what circumstances were involved with Vitate's death?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 09:27 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ares834
Sure, but what circumstances were involved with Vitate's death?

Hint: Scourge

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 05:56 AM