KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs the entire High Meta Tier...

Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Thor wins.... 6 46.15%
The High Meta Tier wins... 7 53.85%
Stalemate; 5 out of 10 for both sides... 0 0%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thor vs the entire High Meta Tier...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I mean who here isnt one-shot-killed by Thor in such a state?

Nimrod, perhaps, as he can reconstruct from powder, but 99% of these guys as dead as soon as Thor gets to them...

I'd put good money on Tick surviving the first blow honestly. He is a low end Toonforcer some of the time when it comes to his durability.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 06:47 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Plus, martian and vision being intangible....

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 07:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Thor dies.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 08:02 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Do the power ups stack LOM?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 08:13 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Hmmm. I think having two sigil bearers in the mix who coincidentally "just happen" to be the two sigil bearers best equipped to counter what Thor brings to the table really swings this in the metas favor. That damn armor though...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 09:37 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by dmills
Hmmm. I think having two sigil bearers in the mix who coincidentally "just happen" to be the two sigil bearers best equipped to counter what Thor brings to the table really swings this in the metas favor. That damn armor though...

Who are you referring to out of curiousity?

It better be some indirect shit or a mental attack because attempting to overpower or just batter Thor down in this state whether or not the power ups stack would be an incredibly horrible idea. He'll be tearing through these guys like Superboy Prime vs. Green Lanterns.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 09:39 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Do the power ups stack LOM?

Definitely...

I see no reason why they wouldnt; Thor is at x20 strength and has greatly increased durability here...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 10:12 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Who are you referring to out of curiousity?

It better be some indirect shit or a mental attack because attempting to overpower or just batter Thor down in this state whether or not the power ups stack would be an incredibly horrible idea. He'll be tearing through these guys like Superboy Prime vs. Green Lanterns.

Drake and Shassa.

Drake's sigil grants him the power to overcome any obstacle to get an object of desire. Usually he just needed to take shyte by force, so it usually just gave him super strength and invulnerability sufficient to get it done. But it'll give him other abilities such as flight if need be to get what he wants.

Shassa's sigil gives her the power to absorb the physical attributes of her opponent. If she's fighting a speedster for example her speed will increase to match his. If she's fighting someone with powerful Tk, she won't get tk, but she'll draw power from that person to become strong enough to overcome their tk. Same for anyone with super strength, durability etc.

Physically, I'd wager that they'd be able to come close to matching him. It's his other abilities that'll be the problem. It's one thing to match him physically. It's quite another when he can call on wind from a million worlds or some shyte.

Last edited by dmills on Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 10:19 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Drake and Shassa.

Drake's sigil grants him the power to overcome any obstacle to get an object of desire. Usually he just needed to take shyte by force, so it just gives him super strength and invulnerability sufficient to get it done. But it'll give him other abilities such as flight if need be to get what he wants.

Shassa's sigil gives her the power to absorb the physical attributes of her opponent. If she's fighting a speedster for example her speed will increase to match his. If she's fighting someone with powerful Tk, she won't get tk, but she'll draw power from that person to become strong enough to overcome their tk. Same for anyone with super strength, durability etc.

Physically, I'd wager that they'd be able to come close to matching him. It's his other abilities that'll be the problem. It's one thing to match him physically. It's quite another when he can call on wind from a million worlds or some shyte.

Are those the pair from Cross Gen?

What's the strongest Drake has been able to get? What's the most powerful character that Shassa's been able to match?

According to LOM his power ups stack so they'll have to have a pretty insane power set.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 10:28 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Are those the pair from Cross Gen?

What's the strongest Drake has been able to get? What's the most powerful character that Shassa's been able to match?

According to LOM his power ups stack so they'll have to have a pretty insane power set.

Honestly man its been so long since I've read that series. Endless Mike -who did the respect thread- or Q99 would know better then me. Iirc the sigils drew power from latent cosmic energies, but the problem was that the pair spent most of the series underpowered due to the physics of the negation universe being radically different from the "normal" universe. So by the time that they had adjusted to the chaotic energies of the negation universe the series got canceled. But even with that I remember being impressed that even while weakened they were still able punch far beyond their weight class. Shassa was able to absolutely embarrass a solid low-mid herald (Evenlia) and later on she was the only sigil bearer able to physically give a solid HH-trans (Qtzr) problems until he figured out how her powers worked. Drake as well, again all while not at full power.

Last edited by dmills on Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 10:58 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Honestly man its been so long since I've read that series. Endless Mike -who did the respect thread- or Q99 would know better then me. Iirc the sigils drew power from latent cosmic energies, but the problem was that the pair spent most of the series underpowered due to the physics of the negation universe being radically different from the "normal" universe. So by the time that they had adjusted to the chaotic energies of the negation universe the series got canceled. But even with that I remember being impressed that even while weakened they were still able punch far beyond their weight class. Shassa was able to absolutely embarrass a solid low-mid herald (Evenlia) and later on she was the only sigil bearer able to physically give a solid HH-trans (Qtzr) problems until he figured out how her powers worked. Drake as well, again all while not at full power.

I have no idea who Evenlia or Qtzr so yea....

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 11:13 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 11:23 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

I have no idea who Evenlia or Qtzr so yea....

Rough equivalents. Hmm... For Evenlia think perhaps full power Maxima. Actually no. Evenlia's got just about every power under the sun. She destroyed a planet just by having sex ("shared" feat lol). For Qtzr think... Hmmm... Perhaps Void but more sadistic. Far more sadistic.

Last edited by dmills on Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 11:27 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I don't know how accurate those comparisons are as I haven't read up on either characters but from those scans she seems to be able to drain an opponents power to amp her own although it seems to have a limit.

I'm not sure how effective she'll be against Thor but with the amount of power he'll be wielding here, his Qtzr's level. Higher. Still one of the more dangerous opponents.

Her usefulness is further hampered by the fact that Thor has a weapon like Mjolnir.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 11:41 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

I don't know how accurate those comparisons are as I haven't read up on either characters but from those scans she seems to be able to drain an opponents power to amp her own although it seems to have a limit.

I'm not sure how effective she'll be against Thor but with the amount of power he'll be wielding here, his Qtzr's level. Higher. Still one of the more dangerous opponents.

Her usefulness is further hampered by the fact that Thor has a weapon like Mjolnir.

Well she had a limit in *negation space*. The sigils were made to function at maximum efficiency in their own positive universe. No telling what her true limit was, but given the fact that they were created to fight Negation generals and lawbringers, some of whom are powerful enough to destroy planets with the proverbial point of a finger, and kill people with a thought across interstellar distances (yeah, space cheese galore) I'm quite sure that Thor with some extra muscle isn't it.

You're right about that. She can only swag jack physical attributes. So even *if* she can match him physically, she can't match everything he brings to the table, which is why he's arguably the best of the best. Not to mention that the absorption doesn't seem to have any negative effects on her opponents. It only increases her own abilities.

Last edited by dmills on Nov 25th, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 12:46 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Well she had a limit in *negation space*. The sigils were made to function at maximum efficiency in their own positive universe. No telling what her true limit was, but given the fact that they were created to fight Negation generals and lawbringers, some of whom are powerful enough to destroy planets with the proverbial point of a finger, and kill people with a thought across interstellar distances (yeah, space cheese galore) I'm quite sure that Thor with some extra muscle isn't it.

Thor has a 20x strength increase. Just try and wrap your head around someone like him having that big of an amp and no notion of restraint. I personally have trouble with it. He should kill the entire lot with a thunderclap.

You're right about that. She can only swag jack physical attributes. So even *if* she can match him physically, she can't match everything he brings to the table, which is why he's arguably the best of the best. Not to mention that the absorption doesn't seem to have any negative effects on her opponents. It only increases her own abilities.

Fair enough.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 01:22 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

they were created to fight Negation generals and lawbringers, some of whom are powerful enough to destroy planets with the proverbial point of a finger, and kill people with a thought across interstellar distances

sounds like they are in the wrong tier.....

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 04:44 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote