KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834
Grand Moff

Anyone else annoyed by how the characters "glow" white? Hopefully they remove that.

Anyway, I'm just hoping for Crash and Spyro.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 07:43 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

God forbid they give us that Skylanders Spyro

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 08:44 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Wait.

Is Skylanders Spyro still the actual Spyro?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 08:46 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Lets not kid our selves, it's fully a Smash Bros. rip off... only in HD, with better characters, on a console with a better controller (which happens to be the best fighting game controller), and better online play.

Wow, not everyday i see a post that contains so much error.

For many, hd alone isn't superior, especially since the footage shown thus far shows very little charm and consistency in art direction.

Better characters is subjective, since overwrought manbabies and goofs don't necessarily denote superiority.

Better controller is also subjective, since the most comfortable controller ever used for these mashup games is the gamecube pad, which works with the clear "forefathers" of this game.

The game isn't even out yet, but i will say the online is likely going to be superior.

Still can't believe you said the playstation controller is the best fighting game controller..

That outdated dinosaur of a pad, with roots based on yet another forefather of game design that Sony was "inspired" by.

The best conventional fight pad is the saturn controller.
The current gen equivalent is the x360 pad.

The dualshock is only in the conversation due to stubborn japanese corporatism. Explains the tiny hand size.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 09:43 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

You talk of 'error' and then go on to talk about how your opinions differ.

There is an error in word usage there.

And 360 has a shit controller for most things outside of FPS and Racers. It's D-Pad is terrible compared to the Dualshock's as well.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 10:22 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

I stopped taking your post seriously when you implied that the 360's D pad is preferable for fighting games.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 10:29 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by UniOmni
Wow, not everyday i see a post that contains so much error.

For many, hd alone isn't superior, especially since the footage shown thus far shows very little charm and consistency in art direction.

Better characters is subjective, since overwrought manbabies and goofs don't necessarily denote superiority.

Better controller is also subjective, since the most comfortable controller ever used for these mashup games is the gamecube pad, which works with the clear "forefathers" of this game.

The game isn't even out yet, but i will say the online is likely going to be superior.

Still can't believe you said the playstation controller is the best fighting game controller..

That outdated dinosaur of a pad, with roots based on yet another forefather of game design that Sony was "inspired" by.

The dualshock is only in the conversation due to stubborn japanese corporatism. Explains the tiny hand size.

laughing

So much hilarity in this post.

HD is always better than SD. I also like that you nitpick and try to dispute my points by essentially saying everything is subjective... and then you say the game lacks charm? Quantified charm is about as subjective as something can get! That being said if Patapon chasing off Hades isn't charming I don't know what is.

Well defined and nuanced characters with personalities and pathos, are always better than the cutesy, bubble gum, cardboard cutout character facsimiles made to distract children and people with severe cases of stunted adolescences.

Do you even play fighting games? The 360 controller is HATED by the fighting game community, because the D-PAD is awful, and the D-PAD is preferred for fast and precise combo input in fighting games. Joysticks aside, the PS3 control is the best fighting game controller on the market. There is pretty much universal consensus on that fact.

I'm 6'3 220 pounds and I have large hands, larger than most people... the dual shock works perfectly for me. If I'm playing a shooter I prefer the 360 controller for the triggers (I think you can get them for the Dual Shock for like 5 bucks), but other than that the PS3 control is ideal for every other genre. I don't play racing games, so I don't know which controller is better for that.

Also... lol @ the idea that GameCube controller was anything than a convoluted mess with terrible buttons of various sizes, strewn about haphazardly.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 10:31 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by UniOmni

There's a troll in the dungeons!!!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 11:20 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah, what the hell.

The only things I would say the 360 controllers are better for is FPS's and racers, because the stiffness of the thumbsticks and their positioning allows for tighter movement (similar to how sports cars have tight steering whereas luxury cars have looser steering).

The 360 D-Pad is complete shit though, for fighters.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:26 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The same thing that makes Jean Valjean a better character than Big Bird. Depth. Nuance. Pathos. The fact that they actually have personalities and back stories. Mario is a character only in the vaguest, most basic sense of the term. He might be a more popular intellectual property, but he isn't a better character... he is barely a character at all. One rung above Pac-Man. Nintendo focuses %100 on game play with no emphasis on story, character development and plotting which is fine because the target demo is children, but the end result is recognizable but underdeveloped characters.

The only well defined, complex and "good" character in Smash Bros is Solid Snake.

Honestly, there's a time and place for that type of character. A party type game with a setup similar to smash bros certainly isn't it. If they put the protagonist from heavy rain in smash, i aint picking him, even if he has the most depth and best story. Gameplay is the most important thing in my books when it comes to games. Frankly I think Character depth and emotional storylines are overrated. Like damn, I'll watch a movie or read a book if I want that. Bottom line, these characters in smash are here and still talked about for a reason. In video game character design, a deep emotional story is just one aspect that can be added to enrich a character, but a game like metroid proves that you really don't need that to make a great, iconic character and game. Like I said, these characters have staying power that fat princess can't even dream of.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 01:38 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Dream roster

Snake
Raiden
Parrapa da rappa
Kernal raidec
Chimera
Sackboy
Kratos
Zeus
Batman
Crash
Nathan drake
Cole
Dante
Jak w daxter
Ratchet w/clank
Ryu
Akuma

As long as 90% of these demands are met I will release the 3 20 bills unharmed.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 04:02 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Frankly I think Character depth and emotional storylines are overrated.
You are certainly entitled to that opinion, as long as you are aware that it is a bad one.

Though I am admittedly not sure why ****ing Fat Princess is in the game.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 04:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Dream roster

Snake
Raiden
Parrapa da rappa
Kernal raidec
Chimera
Sackboy
Kratos
Zeus
Batman
Crash
Nathan drake
Cole
Dante
Jak w daxter
Ratchet w/clank
Ryu
Akuma

As long as 90% of these demands are met I will release the 3 20 bills unharmed.

Sly Cooper is missing from this list.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:11 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by NemeBro
You are certainly entitled to that opinion, as long as you are aware that it is a bad one.

Though I am admittedly not sure why ****ing Fat Princess is in the game.

Way to take the quote out of context. Should have included the very next sentence. In GAMES I don't believe it should be more important than gameplay. IMO that should be polished before anything else.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:47 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Way to take the quote out of context. Should have included the very next sentence. In GAMES I don't believe it should be more important than gameplay. IMO that should be polished before anything else.
You highlighting that you are talking about GAMES doesn't change the fact that a better written story and better written characters are better than ones that are not.

Gameplay is probably the most important aspect, yes, with writing being second-most (Granted, writing is also a sort of SUPER CATEGORY, encompassing plot, characters, setting, dialogue, etc.).

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:01 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

Let's not kid ourselves, none of the characters presented so far are paragons of character depth and development. More than Mario? Sure, but that honestly isn't saying much.

Regardless, depth alone doesn't make a character more interesting or even "better" than another. But, admittedly, it helps quite a bit.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:18 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Kratos is a carefully-constructed and flawed character, certainly more of an actual character than most of the ones in Super Smash Brothers, and unless I have been doing acid, he is in this game.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:21 AM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by NemeBro
You highlighting that you are talking about GAMES doesn't change the fact that a better written story and better written characters are better than ones that are not.

Gameplay is probably the most important aspect, yes, with writing being second-most (Granted, writing is also a sort of SUPER CATEGORY, encompassing plot, characters, setting, dialogue, etc.).

In games I'd say it's completely one way or the other. Some of the best games created don't have much story going for them. It's not something you absolutely need to have to make a great game or character. Saying who is a better character is so subjective anyway. Are we saying who is deeper, more interesting, more flawed, more successful? It's too general.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:30 AM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by ares834
Let's not kid ourselves, none of the characters presented so far are paragons of character depth and development. More than Mario? Sure, but that honestly isn't saying much.

Regardless, depth alone doesn't make a character more interesting or even "better" than another. But, admittedly, it helps quite a bit.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:32 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

Kratos's character is admitedly "better" than average, but like I said he isn't some highly multi-faceted character that set new boundries in character development. And yes, he may have more character development than most SSB characters but once again that isn't saying much.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:32 AM