KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

Nathan Drake and Big Daddy possibly confirmed:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/03/nat...-battle-royale/

I guess this'll catch the attention of Bioshock fans now.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 08:21 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If they do add a Big Daddy, it's gonna have to be Subject Delta from Bioshock 2. Bouncers and Rosies are rather limited to what they can lug around while their prototype counterpart is equipped with everything they got from drills to rivet guns plus more guns. Not to mention he uses plasmids to boot and with everyone in the roster having a large variety of weapons, All-Stars is gonna want Mr. B's arsenal.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 08:58 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

E3 trailer showing Nathan Drake and Big Daddy:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 02:07 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Big Daddy?

The phuck?

What a waste of a fugging character slot.

Not that it matters, Blu Ray and all...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 02:36 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

^ Da ****?

Big Daddy rocks! I'm very glad they have him. Far better than Parrapa and Fat Princess.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 02:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Big Daddy is not a character. It's a damn enemy type. Those are the worst kinds of character adds. Just like Sentinel in MVC games, and that damn Lost Planet mech in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

And its not iconic to, nor highly associated with, the Playstation brand whatsoever.

No, Parappa > Big Daddy.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 02:50 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH

Huh. Could've sworn it was gonna be Delta but whatever. Still badass to have a Big Daddy in this.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Big Daddy is not a character. It's a damn enemy type. Those are the worst kinds of character adds. Just like Sentinel in MVC games, and that damn Lost Planet mech in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

And its not iconic to, nor highly associated with, the Playstation brand whatsoever.

But aren't enemy types still technically characters? That's like saying a Koopa from Mario isn't a character.

Well he's a guest character and it was confirmed there are gonna be guest characters plus Big Daddy is awesome so deal with it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 03:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Big Daddies are meh as phuck.

And absolutely, Koopas aren't characters either.

How can non-unique, re-occuring enemy types be characters?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 03:14 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Big Daddies are meh as phuck.

To you maybe. A thousand others say otherwise.

quote:
And absolutely, Koopas aren't characters either.

How can non-unique, re-occuring enemy types be characters?

Koopas are actually characters. Wasn't there a backstory about them as to why Bowser's their ruler or something?

Stop pitting the BD with common rabble. You seem to forget he's Bioshock's mascot.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 03:32 AM
Bro SMASH

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 03:49 PM
TheGoldenSpy

Was not expecting big daddy but now that I think of it he's a good fit and sounds like a fun character.

If thier gonna clone smash bro's they better do it right and copy most of the mechanics. The developers better be putting thier game right next to brawl and see if it fits. I don't care as long as it's fun and has good online.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 06:38 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Not liking the roster. The online will likely stomp on that shitty Wii one.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 07:33 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Bro SMASH

I went and looked at this on YouTube's site and noticed how that trailer has 3,000 likes but also has 4,000 dislikes. Haha. Nintendo fanboys. I bet if Sony came up with this first and Nintendo made Smash Bros. after, a lot of them would treat it just as harshly. Grow up, people.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 09:21 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I think the dislikes have more to do with the fact that the cast for this game kind of sucks ass thus far (sans some obvious choices like Drake and Kratos), and less to do with nintendo fanboys disliking it.

Big Daddy (who isn't even a character in a PS3 exclusive, wtf?), Parappa and Fat Princess are all epic fails, imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 09:32 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sony doesn't have enough good characters to pull off an entirely exclusive cast though. Hell, even Nintendo grabbed some 3rd party characters like Sonic and Snake and truthfully I don't see that as a bad thing.

Edit: But yeah, the cast is pretty weak so far.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 09:37 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by ares834
[B]Sony doesn't have enough good characters to pull off an entirely exclusive cast though.
That's the conclusion I've come to as well.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 09:42 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Game looks shitty anyway.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 09:50 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ares834
Sony doesn't have enough good characters to pull off an entirely exclusive cast

Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Crash Bandicoot (CB)
Ico (Ico)
Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
Traveler (Journey)
Ratchet & Clank (R&C)
Jak & Dexter (J&D)
Nathan Hale (Resistance)
Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
Old Snake (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Cloud Strife or Sephiroth (FFVII)
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)

And I'm sure there's more.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 10:40 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Crash Bandicoot and Snake aren't exclusive characters. They're both in games that have been on other systems (360, primarily).

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 10:43 PM
ares834

First, several of those aren't PS exclusives like CB and Snake. Secondly, many of them are, IMO, pretty lame and un-iconic. And finally, that's still not nearly as many characters as Brawl had.

Now obviously Brawl has some bad characters in their cast but the vast majority of them deserved to be there.

Last edited by ares834 on Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 10:46 PM