KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Starship Troopers Remake

Starship Troopers Remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
The 2nd movie was directed by Phil tippet, the puppet maker on star wars. Just goes to show if you are a fx person it does not mean you will be a good director just like the brothers Strauss (avp requiem and skyline)

One special effects person that i know of who has had good success as director....Len Wisemen.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 01:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The Third Movie loved to execute people for some reason.

The part which finally did it for me was the naked posing they were doing before using the Marauders; I was like, how cheesy can you get?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:21 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Just goes to show if you are a fx person it does not mean you will be a good director just like the brothers Strauss (avp requiem and skyline)

I actually enjoyed AVP: Requiem, I thought it was a very exciting movie with the Predator tracking the Aliens down and having to locate them methodically - like a detective - was very neat. The action scenes were good, the human characters were admittedly basic but the movie wasn't about them really. The Pred/Alien was just a nightmarish creation and with it's spawning ability it was an amazing 'villain' for the Predator to have to deal with. I even go back to the first AVP and still find myself grinning at how fun it is to see them two fighting it out.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:31 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I actually enjoyed AVP: Requiem, I thought it was a very exciting movie with the Predator tracking the Aliens down and having to locate them methodically - like a detective - was very neat. The action scenes were good, the human characters were admittedly basic but the movie wasn't about them really. The Pred/Alien was just a nightmarish creation and with it's spawning ability it was an amazing 'villain' for the Predator to have to deal with. I even go back to the first AVP and still find myself grinning at how fun it is to see them two fighting it out.

I didn't really mind AVP requiem either my comment was more for skyline. I liked avp r for the points you mentioned, but the whole human element was just bad and the film was way too dark (couldn't see anything)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 07:15 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

AvP Requiem was ****ing awful, imo. On the other hand, I thought the first AvP was decent.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 03:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I agree. I AvP Requiem was dumb as shit. Somehow it managed to be worse than the first one, which was quite a feat.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:04 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

One thing they got right with AVP requiem was the violence it was perfect for it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 05:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Casper Van Dien is available and willing to redo this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 12:12 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote