KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises
Started by: JokerXD1002

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
(please log in to view the image)

Tom Hardy as Bane.

Bane looks gangsta, yo.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 08:20 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by steverules_2
When was he rambling? You mean when he went to Vicky Vales apartment to tell her he's batman? Of course he was rambling, he didn't know how to tell her, he's not just gonna say, 'Hey Vicky, by the way just need to tell you I'm batman.'

Im glad you mentioned that part though because yeah he was a a rambling idiot then as well and thats just not how Bruce Wayne acts.When even revealing his identity he doesnt ramble on senselessly like he did,he gets straight to the point on everything he says.another example of how Bale nailed his character and did very good research on him because in Begins when he revealed his identity to Rachel,he was straight and to the point on it like Bruce always is. thumb up

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:23 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I think the mistake Nolan made was having two mentally unbalanced villains in one movie.

It begs the question, who was the psycho & who was the madman?

The climax of the movie was capturing The Joker...oh no, oh wait we still have to sit through Two face now...sigh...yawn.

yeah you are probably right.I sure hope that Dent isnt really dead.I wont believe it till the film comes out that thats really the case.I just cant believe Nolan could make such a dumb decision killing off an important villian like that.Thats a Scumacher/Burton thing to do and till this point,thank god,he has not crossed that line as of yet.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:26 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Yes, all the Batman movies have suffered from the formula of a minimum of 2 villains, wasting time on their origins as well.

I'm just stating for TDK, why the need for 2 mentally unbalanced villains?

Begins worked well with Scarecrow using psychological fear & then Ras using strength & might.

With both The Joker & Two Face being mentally unbalanced...it was became tedious to watch.

yeah those are good points.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Well the original script & premise for JLA that George Miller (Mad Max,Babe, Happy Feet) was going to direct had a young cast of unknowns, simply based on their beauty & muscular appearance.

i read that script, it had too many problems where batman was concerned.. maybe if they were to revise it then that script can be used

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 09:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Blah, blah, blah i'm Mr Parker and i hate Bane

we know allready....

Well the original script & premise for JLA that George Miller (Mad Max,Babe, Happy Feet) was going to direct had a young cast of unknowns, simply based on their beauty & muscular appearance.

I remember hearing back then when Megan Gale who was cast as Wonder Woman fit the role good and George Miller was impressed.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 01:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 01:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 01:52 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Goddamn, I will hand it to the art department for these films. That poster looks f*cking awesome. Hot damn. The black n white was a good choice.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 02:56 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I think the next time we'll see Bats will be in Justice League (pending red-tape & copy right issues & also based on how The Avengers fare...).

He'll be more action-based & less brooding.

actually after TDKR is released (to my knowledge) WB is planning on rebooting batman right away with Nolan(and his wife i think) as producers. They plan to try and make this version of batman more "comic oriented"

EDIT: Im still uneasy about Nolan using such an unrealistic villain in a much more realistic themed universe. Sure everyone says Nolan is great especially after TDK and Tom Hardy is a great actor but none of that will make bane who he is in the movie and still passable as bane......also i just got word that bane is British in the movie. Im not complaining im just concerned nolan has bit off a bit more then he can chew with his choice in villain(according to the nolan verse that is)

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Dec 11th, 2011 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 04:49 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 05:14 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by BlackZero30x

EDIT: Im still uneasy about Nolan using such an unrealistic villain in a much more realistic themed universe. Sure everyone says Nolan is great especially after TDK and Tom Hardy is a great actor but none of that will make bane who he is in the movie and still passable as bane......also i just got word that bane is British in the movie. Im not complaining im just concerned nolan has bit off a bit more then he can chew with his choice in villain(according to the nolan verse that is)

Out of the entire rogues gallery Batman has, why do you think Bane is the most unrealistic?

There was no clash of wills like against The Joker, no cat & mouse mind games against The Riddler, Penguin or Two-Face...Bane came straight up & used brute strength to defeat Batman.
He broke both his body & soul.

What's so unrealistic about that?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 02:13 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji

this is my screensaver

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

There was no clash of wills like against The Joker, no cat & mouse mind games against The Riddler, Penguin or Two-Face...Bane came straight up & used brute strength to defeat Batman.

Actually, the Knightfall arc is my favorite comic of all time. And Bane was strategic in defeating Batman. He knew he could never beat him straight up that's why he wore him down first.

I agree that Bane is one of the more realistic villains, or at least can be translated more easily. It probably has to do with the fact that he isn't insane like many of Batman's other enemies.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 07:03 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Placidity
Actually, the Knightfall arc is my favorite comic of all time. And Bane was strategic in defeating Batman. He knew he could never beat him straight up that's why he wore him down first.

I agree that Bane is one of the more realistic villains, or at least can be translated more easily. It probably has to do with the fact that he isn't insane like many of Batman's other enemies.

I do forget the details of Knightfall...but this is exactly what I'm looking forward to, an actual battle of strength between Bats & Bane.

I want to see my favourite hero smashed & defeated...only to rise again.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 07:17 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joejonas

Miffed Confusing

Wat is happening here basically, its very confusing

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 07:36 AM
Joejonas is currently offline Click here to Send Joejonas a Private Message Find more posts by Joejonas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Out of the entire rogues gallery Batman has, why do you think Bane is the most unrealistic?

I never said he was the most unrealistic he's just a very unrealistic character. Nolans films have not been totally realistic but mostly thats what the nolan verse is suppose to be about. In fact he announced he didn't want any super-beings in his films. Thats the problem though because bane is a super-being. So no nothing unrealistic about him beating batman to a pulp but if you don't have venom then you don't have bane....all you have is a rather muscular man thats (from the looks of it) not even as strong as a strong man. my fears steam from them taking a character like bane and bringing him down to human standard levels. As if thats not a big enough change they even change his ethnicity and make his mask like a sort of life support because apparently he can't live without it. Is it doable? Yes, but with all these changes from his character(not to mention the other changes they made to him) I worry because no matter how good nolan is I don't feel he can stay true to bane like he said he would while making all these changes. I have absolutely no doubt it will be a good movie but with what i know about this film I don't think it will be a good comic book movie. Im hoping however in light of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the lazarus pit being in the movie that they are hiding something about bane (like venom) because why add one thing that has absolutely no realistic explanation and not another?

Thought i would post the changes to bane that bothers me so people will know why im worried.

SPOILERS
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bane (as far as we know) has no venom
Bane(as far as we know) will be no stronger then a heavy weight UFC fighter.
Bane was trained by the league of shadows and will be portrayed as if they are the same but on opposite sides of the law
Bane will be British
Bane has some big problem which is why he has the mask that keeps him alive.

none of that sounds like bane.

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 13th, 2011 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:02 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, you could have said that about Heath Ledger's Joker.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:15 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yes, all the Batman movies have suffered from the formula of a minimum of 2 villains, wasting time on their origins as well.

I'm just stating for TDK, why the need for 2 mentally unbalanced villains?

Begins worked well with Scarecrow using psychological fear & then Ras using strength & might.

With both The Joker & Two Face being mentally unbalanced...it was became tedious to watch.

After rewatching TDK again recently, I see more where you're coming from now. It was kinda tedious to have the ending scene with Two-Face right after the part with Joker and the SWAT team.. Still a great movie though, but I can see why others liked Batman Begins better. I did in some regards.

@ BlackZero: Meh. As long as he's executed well and uniquely, I probably won't have too much a problem with how different TDKR Bane is from his comic version. Awesome Bane poster on this page, btw.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Nephthys
On the other hand, you could have said that about Heath Ledger's Joker.

I don't see that. The Joker had obvious changes but he really captured the character. For example The scene in which joker has Rachel and Batman say "let her go" then joker drops her out a window. that completely fits who the joker is. Joker, sure had somethings that needed changing to adapt to the movie but he was still fitting to the character of the joker. Where as the changes to bane changes him completely. The only similarity they could make is his intelligence and his "need" to prove himself superior to the bat. To take a completely "mental" type of character(The Joker)who has no powers and bring him down to realism is always going to be easier because he didn't have "powers" to dub down.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:45 PM