KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War

Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
how so?

My guess would be because they lack any impressive durability feats.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 12:12 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by carver9
Nova bounced off Gladiator chest like he was a twig.

I'm being a fanboy here, but can you please stop with that. A Nova that was just getting accustomed to his new power level and fighting nowhere close to his Max power. A similar situation for the record, but with the juice turned up a notch...

(please log in to view the image)

Now picture Glads taking it, instead of the Sphinx who is, you know, like skyfather level and shyte.

Sorry to interupt, I just had to get that off of my chest. OK gents you may continue on

Last edited by dmills on Dec 5th, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 12:14 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by dmills
I'm being a fanboy here, but can you please stop with that. A Nova that was just getting accustomed to his new power level and fighting nowhere close to his Max power. A similar situation for the record, but with the juice turned up a notch...

(please log in to view the image)

Now picture Glads taking it, instead of the Sphinx who is, you know, like skyfather level and shyte.

Sorry to interupt, I just had to get that off of my chest. OK gents you may continue on

Nova was surprised (and damaged) after running into Gladiator chest...he was bleeding from the mouth.

Lol...Sphinx jobs all the time. Let's not forget, Black Bolt beat him as well. Sphinx is no skyfather.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 12:32 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm being a fanboy here, but can you please stop with that.

it's what he does. it's infinitely more bearable if you use your ignore button. i'm always amazed anyone has patience to respond to him anymore when everyone knows what he's like. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 12:33 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You are correct...half of a solar system. Still pretty uber and probably unmatched.

Maybe by mid heralds.

She powered a ship and had time to heal afterwards. There wasn't anything stated "during the fight" that made me think she was weakened.

There wasn't anything stated during the fight that indicated her power level. I'm not sure how long she had to recover without re-reading the comic and I don't trust your word. Whatever, it doesn't really matter, I won't double check.

It took more than two hits from Tyrant. You are missing a piece of the fight.

It probably wasn't the full power of Tyrant but it had to be a big piece of his power since Gladiator vision did temporarily stalemate his. He had to up the power to over power Gladiator eye blast.

No, he was two shot like everyone else:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/96...082205rcnw3.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/...082223oaip3.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/41...082263dagi9.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/77...082271obpo5.jpg

Maybe another attack happened off panel.

There's absolutely no indication that it was the full power of Tyrant. His eye blast overpowering Gladiator's doesn't mean that theory is supported. I'm a patient guy, but common. If I made interpretations like this, Thor would be unstoppable based on my posts.

Where was it shown that Tyrant had to "power up" to overcome Gladiator's heat vision?

That wasn't a regular star Gladiator was swimming through.

What part of the comic in anyway indicates that this Star was special in some way?

For the record, I have the comic, so I know there's no such evidence.

You're a grown man, and you aren't mentally stunted -I hope- there's no excuse for the arguments you post.

Masterson Thor power bounced off of Gladiator which is the key. Can't say the same would have happened to Thor. I don't think Thor would have fared so well against Vulcan attack like Gladiator ran through it as well.

The key to what? Thor is more than capable of tanking such an attack unharmed.

You wanting something to be true doesn't mean it is.

Don't think Thor could split a Centurian in half like Gladiator did or one shot a Phoenix like Gladiator did as well.

Scans or issue number.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 12:48 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Nova was surprised (and damaged) after running into Gladiator chest...he was bleeding from the mouth.

Lol...Sphinx jobs all the time. Let's not forget, Black Bolt beat him as well. Sphinx is no skyfather.

Jobbing has jack to do with his power level. Nice attempt at subterfuge though.

BB beat classic Sphinx. And as was later pointed out, Sphinx would've crushed him easily had he not be caught off guard.

eek!

Your ignorance of the Sphinx has made it dawn on me that dude needs a respect thread. Zop you down?

Oh and just for the lulz...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And that's the Lady Sphinx that tooled your boy Banner. She's less powerful then the real deal who later showed up and took back his shyte lol.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 5th, 2011 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 01:29 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by leonidas
it's what he does. it's infinitely more bearable if you use your ignore button. i'm always amazed anyone has patience to respond to him anymore when everyone knows what he's like. laughing out loud

laughing out loud Nah, Carver is a good dude man. Just a bit... Well, you know.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 5th, 2011 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 01:31 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

He one shotted Korvak who had half of the Phoenix force stored in him. He also punched Korvaks brother head off who wielded the entire Phoenix force.

no expression

Are you referring to Korvus, who had an "infinitesimal" fraction of the Phoenix Force stored in his sword? Besides that, his just a regular Shi'ar and I'm assuming he has some enhanced stats from the sword since he survived attacks from Gladiator but they're minor. I'm pretty sure a small explosion in space knocked him the hell out etc.

It such be noted that Gladiator sucker punches Korvus both times when he was distracted in battle. He dive bombs him the first time. Later on, Korvus drops Gladiator with a blast, and while his attacked by Vulcan IIRC, Gladiator kicks him down. I'm not sure about the first time, but he definitely didn't one shot him in the second encounter, Korvus was down maybe momentarily.

His brother was already defeated and broken by the Imperial Guard.

This shit is so misleading that it should be reported.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Which means nothing, really.

Word.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 5th, 2011 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:10 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

Are you referring to Korvus, who had an "infinitesimal" fraction of the Phoenix Force stored in his sword? Besides that, his just a regular Shi'ar and I'm assuming he has some enhanced stats from the sword since he survived attacks from Gladiator but they're minor. I'm pretty sure a small explosion in space knocked him the hell out etc.

It such be noted that Gladiator sucker punches Korvus both times when he was distracted in battle. He dive bombs him the first time. Later on, Korvus drops Gladiator with a blast, and while his attacked by Vulcan IIRC, Gladiator kicks him down. I'm not sure about the first time, but he definitely didn't one shot him in the second encounter, Korvus was down maybe momentarily.

Word.

Korvus got embarrassed by Darkhawk iirc. Let me see if I can find it.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 5th, 2011 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:17 AM
gogogadgetgo

laughing out loud Nah, Carver is a good dude man. Just a bit... Well, you know.

yup, I now see Carver in a whole new light... compared to S********* and h*** Carver is like a ray of light laughing

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:14 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Carver is trying to refer to the mostly/largely/completely off panel battle of Korvus' ancestor where Gladiator is shown punching his head off when he's defeated.
And then it looks like he confused the shit out of himself.

Either way, Thor beat Rachel on panel.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:15 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Starscream M
how so?

Because he wasn't a Phoenix like Jean. It's just a title. It's like saying the average Bob Kryptonian should be as powerful as Superman.

And the durability thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

BB beat classic Sphinx. And as was later pointed out, Sphinx would've crushed him easily had he not be caught off guard.

eek!

Your ignorance of the Sphinx has made it dawn on me that dude needs a respect thread. Zop you down?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And that's the Lady Sphinx that tooled your boy Banner. She's less powerful then the real deal who later showed up and took back his shyte lol.
What'd Juggernaut do in that arc?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:20 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...n-04-pg--04.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...n-04-pg--05.jpg

The Korvus Darkhawk scuffle. That's actually it gentlemen. My apologies as I thought that I remembered there being a little more to it. On one hand he doesnt seem to be anything to build a feat rep off of, but on the other it wouldn't be the first time that we've seen a supposedly powerful character embarrassed by a meta in a flash showing, so take it however you will for what its worth.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:32 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
What'd Juggernaut do in that arc?

He was basically the tank for his team. Walked through barriers that would kill most beings or some such. He spent a lot of time fighting Horus, who was the muscle for the Sphinx's forces in place of Thor.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:37 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He was basically the tank for his team. Walked through barriers that would kill most beings or some such. He spent a lot of time fighting Horus, who was the muscle for the Sphinx's forces in place of Thor.
Interesting

Issues?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:46 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Interesting

Issues?

Check your pm when you get a chance.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 5th, 2011 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 04:00 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

Word.

I'm referring to this scene.

Gladiator owns both Rachel and Korv in 3 panels. By the way, Korvus power reading via Shiar files were off the charts. He was using the Phoenix force...both were.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 04:50 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

eek!

Da** my boy Hulk got messed up. You didn't have to post that dmills...that's messed up.

Dmills, my point in bring Gladiator up is to show Gladiator durability. It's not a low showing for Rich involving him bouncing off of Gladiators chest like that since we all know Rich is a top tier...it just shows you how durable Gladiator is.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 04:54 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm referring to this scene.

Gladiator owns both Rachel and Korv in 3 panels. By the way, Korvus power reading via Shiar files were off the charts. He was using the Phoenix force...both were.

A tiny fraction of the phoenix force that was contained within the sword, iirc.

Not exactly a quantifiable high feat, there.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 04:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote