KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last of Us

The Last of Us
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

It's not a bad game.

I just can't fathom why people are so casually giving away their money to play an "HD remake" for a game that is barely over a year old.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 12:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Last of Us is good but it would've been even better if the enemy AI was as intelligent as what Naughty Dog showed off at that one E3.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 12:11 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's not a bad game.

I just can't fathom why people are so casually giving away their money to play an "HD remake" for a game that is barely over a year old.
Agreed. Funny things many of the Sonybots that defend this remaster go on and make fun/troll The Master Chief collection. Console Wars at their finest lol.
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Last of Us is good but it would've been even better if the enemy AI was as intelligent as what Naughty Dog showed off at that one E3.
Yeah. Both the Enemy AI and the sidekick AIs can ruin the atmosphere. Granted Ellie is awesome. But it ruins the atmosphere when the sidekicks walk up to and even bump enemy AI and the enemy doesn't do shit lol. I do understand it would have made the game terribly difficult if it wasn't like that. Looks like Naughty Dog tried to balance the AI, was too much and said "Fuq It"

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 30th, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 12:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I mean, if you're like Zack above me and don't own the original then sure. Shell out some extra dollars for a slightly better-looking game if you want.

But if you already spent full-price on the game and its DLC when it came out? You're just taking the corporate dick, and I can't fathom why you'd do so.

An HD remake after only a year? Lol. That's ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 12:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree. It's 60 bucks...that's ridiculous, even with the DLC (which I heard is excellent).

For instance, Sony released the God Of War Saga collection. It had all three games (not sure if the first two were remastered) plus the 2 PSP games as well. I also think it was cheaper than full price.

No comparison to Master Chief Collection which will include all four main games, two have been completely overhauled, all the modes/maps from every game, and access to a beta and to the TV series. It's being released for 70$ (next-gen pricing).

And I also agree about the AI. It kind of takes you away from the atmosphere when your sidekick is constantly running around and in between tickers and nothing is happening. I agree that it would suck if an AI characters screws everything so I understand why they did it but it seems Enslaved did a much better job in providing an AI character that always sticks by you.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 03:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Agreed. Funny things many of the Sonybots that defend this remaster go on and make fun/troll The Master Chief collection. Console Wars at their finest lol.

More like la Guerre des boutons.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 04:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Agreed. Funny things many of the Sonybots that defend this remaster go on and make fun/troll The Master Chief collection. Console Wars at their finest lol. Yeah. Both the Enemy AI and the sidekick AIs can ruin the atmosphere. Granted Ellie is awesome. But it ruins the atmosphere when the sidekicks walk up to and even bump enemy AI and the enemy doesn't do shit lol. I do understand it would have made the game terribly difficult if it wasn't like that. Looks like Naughty Dog tried to balance the AI, was too much and said "Fuq It"

I thought they were originally going to make the AI like that, but it made the game too hard?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 05:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Finally beat it. This game's campaign is absolutely amazing. It deserves all the praise it gets. I just can't even begin to describe it. Funny how a second playthrough can still be so powerful. I'm going to try the Left Behind DLC and then tackle both campaigns on grounded difficulty. Things will be rough lol.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 07:57 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Grounded was indeed devastating and energy draining, but pulled it off. I'm kind of ...addicted to this FKN campaign, and I love it. I just keep looking for excuses to keep replaying it. That doesn't happen much nowadays.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 08:21 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 08:08 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

I'm in the same boat as Joe.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 11:55 AM
Impediment
Endless

Attachment: farmer-milking-cow-400x264.jpg
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 04:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Beat this not long ago.
Started a new game plus but before that I loaded up another chapter.
As a result I lost my weapon upgrades in the new game.

Read that it's a glitch and happened to others as well.

So this will make me have to play for a 3rd time if I wanna get the weapon trophy and the skill trophy.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 05:13 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote