KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » GI Joe: Retaliation trailer

GI Joe: Retaliation trailer
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

GI Joe: Retaliation trailer

I'm more than a little buzzed right now (don't judge me I have nothing to do tomorrow), but is it just me or was that awesome! eek!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:43 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I hope rumors of Sgt. Slaughter cameoing are true.

Cobra Clutch ftw.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:44 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Hmmmm...I like that Bruce Willis is in this...other than that I thought the trailer was meh...after the dissapointment of the first film I doubt many can blame me but I'm not getting my hopes up high. Who knows, this may turn out to actually be a good movie...or more bad acting with explosions and CGI.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:48 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

trailer is interesting.. i hope snake eyes and storm shadow are in this for more than what the trailer showed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

just for the amount of ninjas in bad-ass suits, i'm seeing this..

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 05:04 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Never seen the first movie but this looks alright.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 06:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Do i dare get excited for this? I think I just might.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 06:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I wish they'd kept more of the characters from the first one, tbh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:45 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Just can't get over the feeling this is the sequel no one really asked for. Heck, they only got the July 1st slot because Paramount couldn't get the next Star Trek in production in time.

On the plus side, this has a more realistic look to it than the cartoony, comic booky look of the previous one.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Just can't get over the feeling this is the sequel no one really asked for. Heck, they only got the July 1st slot because Paramount couldn't get the next Star Trek in production in time.

On the plus side, this has a more realistic look to it than the cartoony, comic booky look of the previous one.

I want this sequel, the first movie rocked and this one looks good so far.
They have changed Snake Eyes look. No lips. (which didn't bother me in the first one) but this looks better. This one has a more realistic look? i thought as you said it looked cartoony and comic booky, which isn't a bad thing. the ninjas fighting on the ropes in the mountains, yeah that's realistic. but you know what i don't care! cause you are suppose to feel like a kid in the sand box when you watch these films. as long as the story is good and the action keeps coming and the movie is paced well, then it should be good. Unlike Transformers 3 and 2.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:29 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I wish they'd kept more of the characters from the first one, tbh.

I think they know there are so many characters that they all can't be in the film and they want to touch on other characters. this is fine as long as the main ones that I remember are in the films i will be happy. like snake eyes, stormshadow, duke, zartan, cobra commader and destro.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:32 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I want this sequel, the first movie rocked and this one looks good so far.
They have changed Snake Eyes look. No lips. (which didn't bother me in the first one) but this looks better. This one has a more realistic look? i thought as you said it looked cartoony and comic booky, which isn't a bad thing. the ninjas fighting on the ropes in the mountains, yeah that's realistic. but you know what i don't care! cause you are suppose to feel like a kid in the sand box when you watch these films. as long as the story is good and the action keeps coming and the movie is paced well, then it should be good. Unlike Transformers 3 and 2.

Heavy use of CG in the first one - the underwater base, the destruction of the Eiffel Tower, the accelerator suits etc. - versus what looks like more practical stunts in the second one. I remember being with someone in the theatre when the trailer for the first one followed the trailer for Transformers 2; they remarked "that trailer looks just like the last trailer we watched."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 09:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by roughrider
Heavy use of CG in the first one - the underwater base, the destruction of the Eiffel Tower, the accelerator suits etc. - versus what looks like more practical stunts in the second one. I remember being with someone in the theatre when the trailer for the first one followed the trailer for Transformers 2; they remarked "that trailer looks just like the last trailer we watched."

They still used paractical effects in the first one. Do you expect them to actually make a underwater base and accelerator suits and destroy the actual eiffel tower? The only thing that will probably not be in this one is the accelerator suits. but i can say this for sure there will be CG elements as well, and just from the trailer even something like showing the cobra flags on the white house will be CG and the mountain side battle will have CG elements in it.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 10:18 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

I will be more definite: the second one has CG effects that look less obviously CG that the last one. How's that?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 10:19 PM
Scythe
The Goat

cause you are suppose to feel like a kid in the sand box when you watch these films. as long as the story is good and the action keeps coming and the movie is paced well, then it should be good. Unlike Transformers 3 and 2.

Wierd! Haha, I feel the same way, but the opposite on those movies. TF 1 and 3 was great, and the first GI Joe, while I still enjoyed it and bought it, just wasn't what I had in mind for a Joe movie. I'm looking forward to this movie, but the first one was just not to my liking. As an action movie, it was good, as a Joe movie, it was meh. Unlike Transformers, I think a really good, serious film similar to Black Hawk Down or Hurt Locker can be achieved with Joe characters.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 12:34 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Scythe
Wierd! Haha, I feel the same way, but the opposite on those movies. TF 1 and 3 was great, and the first GI Joe, while I still enjoyed it and bought it, just wasn't what I had in mind for a Joe movie. I'm looking forward to this movie, but the first one was just not to my liking. As an action movie, it was good, as a Joe movie, it was meh. Unlike Transformers, I think a really good, serious film similar to Black Hawk Down or Hurt Locker can be achieved with Joe characters.

Transformers 1 was great, 3 was terrible IMO story was crap and not consistent, way too long and just pointless sequences with flight suits and buildings collapsing.
I don't think you could put GI Joe into a completely serious film, it still has to be for kids too, and some things have to be over the top like snake eyes and storm shadow. basically it has to be like the old bond movies with cobra / specter trying to take over the world.
but to each his own.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 04:13 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Transformers 1 was great, 3 was terrible IMO story was crap and not consistent, way too long and just pointless sequences with flight suits and buildings collapsing.
I don't think you could put GI Joe into a completely serious film, it still has to be for kids too, and some things have to be over the top like snake eyes and storm shadow. basically it has to be like the old bond movies with cobra / specter trying to take over the world.
but to each his own.

Yeah, the ninjas make it abit over the top, though after seeing how ninjas were done in Batman Begins, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 08:35 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Are you kidding? That was horrible.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 08:59 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

There is a rumor i have seen on the youtube post that people are saying that duke is dead part way through gi joe 2? any truth to that?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 07:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

There is a rumor i have seen on the youtube post that people are saying that duke is dead part way through gi joe 2? any truth to that?

won;t know until the film comes out.. if so then i hope he dies a klingon death

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 06:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote