KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Guilty Pleasures

Be honest. What are some things that you listen to but feel somewhat guilty for liking? Off the top of my head, I actually enjoy the following...

Godsmack
Lady Gaga (some songs are just awful, though)
Korn
Green Day

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 03:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Green Day is nothing to be ashamed of.
Especially when all I listened to was Christian Rock - then Green Day seems pretty hard core.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 08:55 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The most guilty pleasure-ish song I listen to would be the Mortal Kombat theme.

Like, that's the one song that I will never, ever play in public.

But I have like 5 versions of the song and I listen to on a semi-regular basis when walking around with my Ipod... It's a great "get pumped" song.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 09:12 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Early Limp Bizkit.

I don't listen to it a lot and it's garbage.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 09:40 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Doyle

Lady Ga Ga and Fall out Boy. I use to love Fall out boy but then I realized theyre not really punk and kinda suck but I still cant get the songs out of my head.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2011 09:52 PM
T.Doyle is currently offline Click here to Send T.Doyle a Private Message Find more posts by T.Doyle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Early Limp Bizkit.

Yeah, I can see that. Some of the backup band work is pretty cool. Fred Durst is such a moron, though. A lot of their stuff is unlistenable to me.. just a joke.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Green Day is nothing to be ashamed of.
Especially when all I listened to was Christian Rock - then Green Day seems pretty hard core.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess I'm not too ashamed of Green Day. A lot of their stuff is fairly respectable. Christian rock, though... I gave that up a loooooong time ago. I've always thought the idea of Christian metal bands is pretty amusing... "We're here to f#cking ROCK for Jesus!! AAAAAHHHH!!!" mad

laughing

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Dec 17th, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2011 11:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, Limp Bizkit sucks. I only listen Three Dollary Bill Y'All and very rarely.

Another guilty please is Skrillex.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 03:39 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

a couple of guilty pleasures would be listening to Suicide Silence, Alesana, and some old emocore music. used to be all that i listened to now i can't stand core and screamo music. all sounds the same to me

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 12:32 AM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, fair enough. I guess I'm not too ashamed of Green Day. A lot of their stuff is fairly respectable. Christian rock, though... I gave that up a loooooong time ago. I've always thought the idea of Christian metal bands is pretty amusing... "We're here to f#cking ROCK for Jesus!! AAAAAHHHH!!!" mad

laughing

It was Green Day and Evanesance that took me out of the Christian Rock. I listened to "Bring Me To Life" once on a friend's radio and almost started to cry. I was like, "is music supposed to do this?"

laughing

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Dec 19th, 2011 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 01:19 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
a couple of guilty pleasures would be listening to Suicide Silence, Alesana, and some old emocore music. used to be all that i listened to now i can't stand core and screamo music. all sounds the same to me

Emo/screamo stuff is the worst goddamn thing on this planet. It is auditory poison. It's all guilt and no pleasure. Stuff like Attack Attack is painfully/laughably bad. I don't even know any band names besides them.. and I just know them cuz the "Stick Stickly" video is really funny.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:18 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

lol i know. it's shit. i used to think it was the heaviest stuff ever until i got into black and death metal. now i laugh at anyone wearing tight ass, bright coloered emo,screamo, core band shirts and think it's great music.

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 04:43 AM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Don't forget the awful hair styles.. Oh man, this guy needs a beatin'...

laughing

Attachment: emo-boys-haircuts.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:40 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

definitely. hate that shit.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 03:34 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Black Flag and LMFAO

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 12:15 AM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That's a pretty random selection. Why the hell is Black Flag guilty? (I actually prefer Rollins Band, though)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:25 PM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Kelly Clarkson
Adelle
The Grease Soundtrack
Jay-Z
Bruno Mars

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 11:25 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

There's nothing shameful about listening to Kelly Clarkson. She's a genuinely decent artist.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 03:03 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

forgot to add cradle of filth. used to love them but then realized how sold out they were. but i still isten to their older stuff every now and then

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 05:26 AM
Lord Shadow Z

The Goodies
Robson & Jerome (I liked them at one point but not much anymore)
General 80s pop songs.

That's about all I can put in the 'guilty' bracket, all the rest I like I'm comfortable with people knowing.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 06:26 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Another guilty pleasure..

Puddle of Mudd

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The most guilty pleasure-ish song I listen to would be the Mortal Kombat theme.

Like, that's the one song that I will never, ever play in public.

But I have like 5 versions of the song and I listen to on a semi-regular basis when walking around with my Ipod... It's a great "get pumped" song.

Lol, yeah, you should be ashamed. stick out tongue That's pretty old-school. I haven't heard that in years.. classic.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Feb 4th, 2012 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 06:08 PM