KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » SITHMAS 2011 - LIGHT SIDE - The Gift of Otrakos

SITHMAS 2011 - LIGHT SIDE - The Gift of Otrakos
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

What's the point of registering/enrolling? If we find it, we find it, yeah? Ti's instincts are just to steal a speeder or something at this point. The sheer volume of people doesn't encourage her that a normal route will yield positive results.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 01:25 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher makes note of the outfit of the police so he can recognize them. He thanks the tabler for the pamphlet and makes his way past with the rest of his group.

"We probably need to register in order to compete," Gallagher says. "I feel they won't be terribly strict with the information they require for registration."

Gallagher disapproves of the idea to steal a speeder.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 02:18 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It would be Intrusion and Fix-It to do that without drawing a lot of attention, Ti. You are still in the starport currently.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 02:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, I said her instincts led her that way, not her more rational faculties. Still, I don't want to register. If we're actually against all these people, the numbers don't favor us, Jedi or not. Waiting through some political paper-pushing will just slow us down.

Can I rent a speeder?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 06:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Roan prefers to follow the rules at this point.
Several things to consider about this that just popped into my head.

1) There is nothing against Jedi registering. "All are welcome" certainly includes Jedi. The only reason we would keep our heads down is to avoid unneeded attention. It would make things difficult for is. Its not a shoot on sight situation
2) We have the force. Jedi are damn good.
3) Stealing stuff is a bit of a darkie move. I'm all for walking.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 11:53 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denz would happily register as Jedi, but that has the potential to make things more difficult for us from the start. Is there a taxi service?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 12:32 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You don't see any speeder rentals available at the starport, Ti. In fact, you don't see any speeders aside from the police vans outside.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 12:35 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denz will go over and ask one 0f the police where they can rent a speeder or possibly get a taxi.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 12:37 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Speeder access is restricted to government personnel, law enforcement, and military," the policeman explains. "I'm afraid you'll have to walk like everybody else."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 01:14 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"Thanks." Denzral will return to the group.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 01:58 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher will simply progress outside. He reaches out with his senses to feel the crowd and read their emotions. He wonders how many of them are here to compete and how many are here to watch, since it seems that it will have an audience.

Would Gallagher be able to influence the crowd to allow him and the others to move through easier?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 02:25 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I get the feeling we need to register, just because the prize could be anywhere on this damn planet. Registering will at least point us in the right direction.

Also we don't need to tell them we're Jedi, hell they may not even as for our professions.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 03:39 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

One of the guys with the Jedi Mind Trick ability, could try and get the officer to take us there in his speeder van.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 03:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Registering allows you to compete!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 03:50 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I did clarify guys, I was looking to rent a speeder, not steal one. Ti's impatient, but she's not evil. I'll continue with registration. Who wants to be my husband on a sightseeing tour?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

To Gallagher- that might be possible to do. You certainly have the Force rating for it. What you lack is the skill set.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 06:08 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro let's the other Jedi do the talking and planning and whatnot, and simply follows in their wake. He spends his spare mental currancy checking out the competition, scanning the crowd.

He looks for signs of nevousness or deceit at the tables, a sign of criminal types; they might resort to the dirtier tricks such as blasters and vibro-knives. Easy to handle once you know who you're dealing with. He looks for the loud boaster, the overly and overtly confident; they're mostly here for the 'adventure' of it all or 'fortune and glory'. Not many really serious competitors in that bunch.

No, Andro looks for the quiet ones, the ordinary, every-day looking folks. Not too excited, not to nervous, not carrying bags of absurd 'gear' to help them. The ones who just blend in and go unnoticed. Those are the real pros, the folks most likely to have an idea what a prize from this particular planet might be worth to them; or to someone else. These are the dangrous ones, the folks to kep an eye on throughoutthe competition...

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:39 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Iffa continues his way to the headquarters...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 09:54 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Can Wentar attempt Gallaghers idea?

Either with words or a Empathy+Leadership idea to take control of the crowd.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:18 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

All of those types are present, Andro, though it is hard to tell who is going to compete or not. Not so close to the starport.

The power of Leadership can be very effective here, Wentar! As can the skill. It will be a Charisma+Leadership check to get the crowd to let you pass, and you can get extra successes for having the appropriate powers.

I've already made Wentar's roll here. Does anyone else want to give it a try?

-

In the mean time, is Iffa content to keep at the crowd's pace?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 05:32 AM