KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs. Sentry/Void (all out)

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thanos wins 24 53.33%
Void-Voidtry wins 20 44.44%
Stalemate 1 2.22%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thanos vs. Sentry/Void (all out)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Enzeru

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You raise some good points.
Thanos eats him.

At least try to argue and come up with valid points, otherwise search for a Thor-related thread and debate there.

PS: Sentry > Thor.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:19 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Enzeru
At least try to argue and come up with valid points, otherwise search for a Thor-related thread and debate there.

PS: Sentry > Thor.

Valid points? I can do that.

Thanos's power output and mental based attacks ultimately prove to be too much for Reynolds. Void can't perma-kill Thanos, yet evidence points to Thanos being able to perma-kill the Void/Sentry.

Thanos enduring a prolonged ass kicking from Odin > anything Void ever did.

Lol @ bringing Thor into it, though.

Sentry > Thor who's injured and not at 100%, sure.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:22 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Going with Void.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:27 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Thanos's power output and mental based attacks ultimately prove to be too much for Reynolds. Void can't perma-kill Thanos, yet evidence points to Thanos being able to perma-kill the Void/Sentry.

Thanos' power output is not as devastating as Sentry's.
Show me a scan, where he destroys multiple worlds, while holding back.
Show me a scan, where he cuts loose, while being in the microverse and releases so much energy that it's visible in the real world.

You will not be able to do that, without bringing in the Infinity Gauntlet.
And don't even try to come up with the "and the very universe screams"-instance, since that basically doesn't say shit.

If you still insist on it, then it's even more of a valid feat to bring in Sentry's Galactus stalemate, which was once stated by Spider-Man and also by X-Man, who acknowledged too that he was fighting alongside Sentry against Galactus.

Galactus > Thanos by a laaaaaaaarge margin.
Sentry > Thanos.

Thanos enduring a prolonged ass kicking from Odin > anything Void ever did.

Who besides the Sentry ever managed to do something to the Void? Let me answer that one for you. No one.

Void was regulary one-shotting simply everyone on the battlefield, until Loki came up with the Norn-stones and empowered all the heroes greatly.
If Captain America's power upgrade was that high, that he was able to harm the Void, then imagine how high Thor's power level in the end was, before he lost the upgrade.

And besides all that it was still not enough to take down the Void. Only Robert was able to restrain and defeat him.

Lol @ bringing Thor into it, though.
Sentry > Thor who's injured and not at 100%, sure.

This is what this board fails to understand.

It's a fact to everyone who was actually reading Sentry comics, that he is weaker, when he is in a weak mental state. It's a fact. He was never doing badly, simply because he was beaten up. Something like that never happened during his entire existance. Every time when he was doing bad, he was in a weak condition.

Him being totally manipulated by Osborn on letting the Void take control over and over again, that is actually being very weak and if he is very weak, his power level sinks.
Do you actually understand that, or do you want me to open Photoshop and draw you a colorful picture?
With his power level probably still low (yet so damn high in the opinion of this entire board), he was trashing Thor during the Siege.
Then the Void took over and it was finally over for Thor, who would have probably been torn apart just the way Ares was torn apart, if Osborn didn't interfere.

Besides that what other instances do we have?
Oh yeah, a depowered Sentry VS WW Hulk. Who had the upper hand in the fight? Right, Sentry.
Who was still mainly brawling it out with his fists with one of Hulk's most powerful incarnations.

I remember Thor having some seeeeeeerious issues with Hulk in the past. Thor without his hammer would have been lost.

Unstable Sentry > Weakened Thor.
Unstable Sentry = (< ) Regular Thor.
Stable Sentry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:37 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kingzeus
The Agent of Long Wind?

I don't think that's the same thing.
Immortal is not instantly immortal. Immortals can live on without dying, but if someone manages to kill them, then it's over for them. Being actually able to return from the dead. Basically appearing out of nothing. That's the real deal and Sentry has that.

Never explained directly in the comics, but yet understandable:
Sentry returns back from nothing. Not nothing, but something like solar wind.

Explained in the comics:
The super-soldier-serum phased his molecules one step ahead of the current timestream, the reason while Molecule Man never experienced something like Sentry's molecules. They are simply from a different point of existence. When he gets destroyed, his mental powers manifest his physical form.
That means that he basically manipulates the solar wind > photons > atoms > molecules to recreate himself somewhere.

Much of his power set is based on light. Basically everything is based on light, that's why he was always thinking that his powers come from the sun. The sun radiation empowers him, since he is able to absorb various kinds of radiation and become stronger in the process.

He can manipulate the solar light / radiation to turn invisible. He can manipulate the light to affect the photons and therefore control the atoms, which are parts of molecules. With that he can turn intangible. With that he can teleport, with that he has an insane amount of durability and invulnerability, with that he can even heal and resurrect. It's all about molecule manipulation and Thanos isn't going to kill him off.

Sentry's molecule manipulation > Post Retcon Molecule Man's molecule manipulation > Thanos' molecule manipulation

(-Like the thought-)

But if this was the case....

He could simple fight sen deep enough in space where there was no light source to regenerate!

THANOS also could just create a sub multi verse where his will all that mattered fight sen there beat him, deform him to a sub atomic level... And then disband all light, heat, and distort the visual spectrums of all light and constantly bend and shift all moving light...

So when he tried to reform his head go left and his arm go right...

He doesn't have to end his existence as much as he just has to break him apart and keep him separated for and eternity in a verse he can except and kinda eternally imprison him.....

Then what's sen gonna due? Teleport out from where he can't even reconnect or pull him self together... And in that sense if this was the case assuming sen fights THANOS on a leveled playing field speed and telepathy wouldn't matter in the main verse because THANOS can just manipulate the surroundings around him not sen him self.... Like when he moves make sure he sent him to death like every time all the time he come back and send him back and do the same thing over and over for all eternity til sen gave up and just stayed there or ran out of power... THANOS powers are infinite and sen I think aren't if he is constantly trying to just not stay dead cause THANOS banishes him the exact instant he appears... THANOS could also smarten up spped up his on molecular structure to match the speed of sen rather than manipulate him and just punch it out tricking sen into a fight and when sen touched him he banish him again and again

And I always thought why begins that have universe destroying fight like BEYONDER and galactus n THANOS if there were to fight since theynhave the power of creation

Don't just create clones with their full powers control them on some mental level like leave something out in their brains and fight against the hulk or sen or molecular man that. Way... Be a two against one and then it be thanoses VS sen and double the threat...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:50 PM
Kingzeus is currently offline Click here to Send Kingzeus a Private Message Find more posts by Kingzeus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Forum rules, all out with PIS and CIS off? Sentry all day. He has matter manip and raw power at this disposal, plus a pretty respectable intellect. Wasn't there some specualtion about Void being the biblical "Angel of death" for a while? And an off panel whipping of Galactus to boot? Sentry would thoroughly kill the shit out of Thanos.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:53 PM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thanos loses 10/10...

All Void has to do is summon the NYPD; one look at those flashing lights and Thanos will run off never to return...

Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:00 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by tsscls
Forum rules, all out with PIS and CIS off? Sentry all day. He has matter manip and raw power at this disposal, plus a pretty respectable intellect. Wasn't there some specualtion about Void being the biblical "Angel of death" for a while? And an off panel whipping of Galactus to boot? Sentry would thoroughly kill the shit out of Thanos.
Kindly leave before things become uncomfortable for you.

This I say to ENZERU and to him only. I say this with and overall affection and heartful sincerity I can have for a fellow human being (I just lied I am Thanos you worthless curs). I want him to kindly take back his statements because the shit is about to hit the fan.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:01 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:02 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

i cant wait to see this thread blowup

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:05 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by quanchi112
This I say to ENZERU and to him only. I say this the deepest sincerity and I want him to kindly take back his statements because the shit is about to hit the fan.

This I ask quanchi112 and only him. I ask this in deepest confusion and I want him to be perfectly true about the answer, since I really, really wonder:

Dude, how old are you actually?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:06 PM
quanchi112
Disney

This I ask quanchi112 and only him. I ask this in deepest confusion and I want him to be perfectly true about the answer, since I really, really wonder:

Dude, how old are you actually?
Now this only further compounds your inability to seek out information on your own without asking asinine questions. It's plain as day what my profile says about my birthdate. Now either math isn't a strong suit of yours like debating or you are attempting to take a cheapshot at an intellectual superior. In either case mercy is lost. You rescinded your last chance at mercy here.

The heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, THANOS will stand triumphant!"

It begins.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

exciting

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:24 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Heavens should let free brains rain from above. Be sure to grab few of them and stop behaving like a child.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Heavens should let free brains rain from above. Be sure to grab few of them and stop behaving like a child.
Ok, I will make this next post seem like a comforting/painless shot to your head. Before you have time to think it's over. You can't come back to life and debate another day because I will end this in one post.

First off both have the ability to come back from death. I don't think I need to waste any more time here's the evidence.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/...t_CPS_023-1.jpg

Now with that being said the void's only real weakness is the other personalities inside opposing him.

This being said in the midst of a battle over asgard Bob Reynolds came to the forefront and wished for death. No, he actually ended up demanding it. This is in combat through attrition asking to be taken out. Thanos won't hesitate unlike Thor.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/...w-Meganpg21.jpg
Here's why I am not a hypocrite either because I am sure Quan haters will argue I change tactics depending on who I am arguing for which is the furthest thing from the truth. Unlike Thor in a forum fight he can't weather his attacks to draw out this personality. Thor had help so he can't win a war of attrition because the Void's greatest attacks when used against one foe he can't survive. As I have already proven Thanos can definitely survive because he's immune to death.

So if it's a war of attrition Thanos wins simply due to being stronger mentally. It's not even close when comparing these two in terms of mental fortitude. One can't live with his own actions and the other adjusts to godhood like it's adjusting a diet plan.....in stride.

Ah what the hell I will just end this debate here and now. In a universe directly opposed to him by embracing life and destroying death he struggles to keep his mental composure. Thanos is up against beings who by their own universe's unnatural laws by our own reality's standards anyways won't allow them to die.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/...os_02_012-1.jpg

This is how Thanos responds against foes whom an entire universe's own laws are protecting and at this point struggling to maintain his mental composure in a place vehemently opposed to him as the avatar of death.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/...os_02_014-1.jpg

One attack and they all died. I've seen far less really hurt and destroy Void's body than Thanos' power. The difference is Void had a say in whether or not he could return to the battle but since Thanos can override life itself where death no longer has any sway he definitely keeps the Void from coming back to the fray.

One attack is all it takes despite your tears of protest. Accept defeat and learn from it. Today Quanchi112 has humbled you.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 09:53 PM
Enzeru

Ok, I will make this next post seem like a comforting/painless shot to your head. Before you have time to think it's over. You can't come back to life and debate another day because I will end this in one post.

You sir, have some serious problems.

First off both have the ability to come back from death. I don't think I need to waste any more time here's the evidence.

Thanos can come back from the dead, who doubts that? But he needs more time then Sentry and he seems to be in pain during it, while Sentry simply returns and smiles in the process.

Now with that being said the void's only real weakness is the other personalities inside opposing him.

No?
It's Sentry VS Thanos, you know like Thanos the bad guy, who wants more and more power. It's not Sentry VS Marvel heroes / his old friends. Forget the Void, Sentry is more powerful, since we are using characters in their prime, when it comes to forum battles and not weak versions, who were depowered just for the sake of the plot.

This being said in the midst of a battle over asgard Bob Reynolds came to the forefront and wished for death. No, he actually ended up demanding it. This is in combat through attrition asking to be taken out. Thanos won't hesitate unlike Thor.

So what? As I stated it above, it's Sentry VS Thanos and not Sentry VS heroes. If Thanos somehow manages to take the Sentry / Void down to a level where they revert back to Robert (and he will not be able to do it, even though it happened during WW Hulk #5), do you think that Robert will ask him to kill him?

No, Robert will not have the wish to die in this battle, so it doesn't matter if Thanos won't hesitate unlike Thor, since Thor never killed Void in the first place. Robert did it.

Here's why I am not a hypocrite either because I am sure Quan haters will argue I change tactics depending on who I am arguing for which is the furthest thing from the truth. Unlike Thor in a forum fight he can't weather his attacks to draw out this personality. Thor had help so he can't win a war of attrition because the Void's greatest attacks when used against one foe he can't survive. As I have already proven Thanos can definitely survive because he's immune to death.

Yet another useless post.
What is that supposed to prove? Thor is not in the reach of Sentry's / Void's power level, face it.
The Void got stopped by Robert Reynolds during the Siege. The entire comic made it clear, everything what happened before made it clear, like the instance, where Void told Sentry that he can't kill himself, if he doesn't intend it to with all of his heart and soul.

Thanos is immune to death, yeah - Sentry is immortal and keeps returning. What's the point of that? It would end in a stalemate by that logic.
Why don't you bring in classic Juggernaut into a battle, who was basically immune to physical damage? Just because you can't defeat him, it doesn't mean that he is instantly more powerful then you. If Juggernaut is in a gauntlet and also can't finish you off, then you simply get past him, since there is no point in a ridiculous advantage like infinite invulnerability, or immortality.

Everything besides that Sentry has under his dispossal. He is faster then Thanos, he is stronger then Thanos.
What did Thanos do what proved him fast? Nothing, since super speed is not a part of his power set. Not even super fast reflexes are a part of his power set, since he has been tagged more then once in the past by characters who were vastly slower then Sentry. That includes Thor.

Strenght? Thanos never had any propper lifting feats, everything he was always doing was punching away characters in the past, who gained many upgrades.
Hell, while Thanos was wielding the Infinity Gauntlet Professor Hulk was able to smack him around. I'm not saying that he was hurting Thanos, but that he moved him, by punching him.
Even Thing managed to actually make Thanos move by punching him.
Sentry stands above them and would not even flinch after attacks from such people.

Hell, Doctor Doom survived being blown away by Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet and he was fine afterwards, yet Sentry destroyed Doom multiple times and I mean multiple times. There were like 4 various occasions and in the end, Sentry probably still didn't even know who Doom was, because he didn't care about him, while Thanos is monitoring Doom on a regular basis.

Do you know who stalemated Galactus? It was the Sentry. Offpanel stated once by Spider-Man, but something like that happens often in comics. It was not a one-time-deal, it happened a second time, when X-Man said that Sentry and him were fighting against Galactus.

So you have two valid characters who respect Sentry deeply (like Spider-Man who admires Sentry and X-Man who bowed in front of the Sentry) saying that he stalemated Galactus, against Thanos who begged Galactus to spare his life.

So if it's a war of attrition Thanos wins simply due to being stronger mentally. It's not even close when comparing these two in terms of mental fortitude. One can't live with his own actions and the other adjusts to godhood like it's adjusting a diet plan.....in stride.

Now you're just making something up, because you can't back it up with actualy power feats.

What do we actually have so far?
Speed? Sentry.
Strenght? Sentry.
Energy Projection? Sentry.

Mentality? If Thanos manages to get past Sentry's mental defenses, he will face the Void and then it would also be over for Thanos. Besides that:

Basically all the regularly often used abilities in fights, yet Sentry has the advantage in them.
And you're coming up with the their mentality. If we use a stable Sentry, and we do, since there is no point in depowering a character by giving him mental issues, which was done for the sake of the plot, like where Sentry had to face WW Hulk for example, who had to win the fight...
... then a stable Sentry won't be out-mental'ed by Thanos, since Thanos won't have the time. What makes you think that Thanos can keep up at the speeds Sentry operates? Thanos would have to deal with a great amount of damage, before he could even react to Sentry.

Is there something which makes you think otherwise? Like the instance, where Silver Surfer MISSED Thanos' gauntlet? If you try to bring that one up, to say that Thanos can react to speedblitzing characters, then think again, because that instance didn't really show Thanos being able to react to Silver Surfer's speedblitz.

Thanos has the ability to perceive energies sources and matter over large distances, so he maybe already knew in advance that something was coming and he was able to move out of the way before.

Or the other possibility, that he was standing in front of Captain America, ready to hit him, yet Captain America wasn't flinching, wasn't moving, since he knew his part of the plan - he was the bait and Thanos suspected that something was wrong, basically something you could actually say by judging his look on the face, after Silver Surfer missed the gauntlet and flew away.

Nothing was saying that Thanos reflexes did something to help him out of the misery. At the same time Thanos has more then enough bad showings when it comes to terms of the speed, like where Thor and Thing punched him away and he was thanking them for giving him the distance to attack them with his death ray vision. Basically the same thing what happened when Drax and Professor Hulk started punching him. Once again he used his death ray to get rid of Drax and then got attacked by the Hulk, I think.

Ah what the hell I will just end this debate here and now. In a universe directly opposed to him by embracing life and destroying death he struggles to keep his mental composure. Thanos is up against beings who by their own universe's unnatural laws by our own reality's standards anyways won't allow them to die.

Who cares about that? He had all the time he needed to do that. What is he going to do if he faces an opponent like the Sentry who uses his speed, strenght and vast energy output, to get past his force fields and attack him directly.

If characters like Thor and even the freakish' Professor Hulk and the Thing can tag Thanos and make him flinch, as well Drax actually kill him, then Thanos will suffer a giant beating by the Sentry.
Thanos can't operate on such speeds, it has been proven more then once in the comics, like where he even failed to tag Captain Marvel, until Marvel made one little mistake and flew too slow.

This is how Thanos responds against foes whom an entire universe's own laws are protecting and at this point struggling to maintain his mental composure in a place vehemently opposed to him as the avatar of death.

That has proven absolutely nothing. Do you understand that? Nothing.
He shoots his eye beam and destroys some enemies, while Sentry destroys planets with his energy output, while holding back.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 10:45 PM
Enzeru

One attack and they all died. I've seen far less really hurt and destroy Void's body than Thanos' power. The difference is Void had a say in whether or not he could return to the battle but since Thanos can override life itself where death no longer has any sway he definitely keeps the Void from coming back to the fray.

Who died, dude? Who died?
Just because Wolverine slashes a room full of random elite warriors, it doesn't automatically mean that he can slash through a room full of Daken's.

Do you know what canon fodder enemies are in comics? Nothing. They are there to die and make the heroes / villains look stylish.

Not even that particular instance is impressive, since it's one thing if someone can't die in a particular universe and if that someone lacks other important abilities like having the strenght, speed, durability, invulnerability and energy output to actually overpower his enemies, other then just having the advantage of the immortality.

Thanos can override the life as much as he wants, it doesn't change the fact that Sentry returned multiple times back from the dead and the fact that his mental powers hold his physical form together. When he gets killed off, he appears back again, by manifesting out of nothing. It doesn't have anything to do with him being alive, or not. He stands above that.

The only thing that could actually defeat the Sentry once and for all would be a damn powerful and I mean, a damn powerful reality warper. "No more universe of one million exploding suns" and it would be over.

One attack is all it takes despite your tears of protest. Accept defeat and learn from it. Today Quanchi112 has humbled you.

That was it? I mean, that's it? That's what I was waiting for? No offense, but that was just weak. I have to stand up tomorrow early and I was mainly waiting for your response to see if you can throw something at me, which could give me something to think about, but no, you didn't do crap.

I'm off for today, it's too late here in this weird country.

PS: Squirrel Girl > Robert Reynolds > Sentry > Void > Thanos > Thor > Silver Surfer = Doctor Doom.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 10:46 PM
bbrem123

Im confused as how Thanos can kill Void? Void has total control over his molecules. Thanos did kill unkillables, but they did not have the regeneration and powerset that Void has. The reason they were unkillable was because they had nowhere to go when they died. Which no longer was a problem when Thanos fought them because Death was with him. All Thanos did was bring the aspect of death back to that universe.

It doesnt mean thanos can kill anybody with a single touch.

Last edited by bbrem123 on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 11:02 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Thanos pwn him. In Thanos: Imperative, he mopped the floor with the likes of Magus and Lord Mar-Vell. And he wasn't at full power for the entire arc. He totally operate on another scale of power, he's no Thor or Hulk or Silver Surfer, he's far above them.

Plus, he got the brain to go with the brawn. Thanos win.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 11:07 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

lmao

Battlezone: Quan vs. Enzeru

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 11:54 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote