KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs. Sentry/Void (all out)

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thanos wins 24 53.33%
Void-Voidtry wins 20 44.44%
Stalemate 1 2.22%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thanos vs. Sentry/Void (all out)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enzeru
You sir, have some serious problems.

Thanos can come back from the dead, who doubts that? But he needs more time then Sentry and he seems to be in pain during it, while Sentry simply returns and smiles in the process.
Thanos doesn't need more time than the Sentry. We've seen the Sentry remain dead for some time by Morgana, initially Molecule Man, and then for good so far from Thor although he didn't want to live anymore. Are you ever right ?

quote:

No?
It's Sentry VS Thanos, you know like Thanos the bad guy, who wants more and more power. It's not Sentry VS Marvel heroes / his old friends. Forget the Void, Sentry is more powerful, since we are using characters in their prime, when it comes to forum battles and not weak versions, who were depowered just for the sake of the plot. [/B]
The Void took on his friends and he has other personalities spilling over no matter who he may be taking on. The point is already made Thanos as the avatar of death can kill him permanently. Sorry, unlike the Void Thanos can bring down the unkillable. laughing out loud The Void from the Siege isn't a weaker version. I love it when people ignore the showings.

quote:

So what? As I stated it above, it's Sentry VS Thanos and not Sentry VS heroes. If Thanos somehow manages to take the Sentry / Void down to a level where they revert back to Robert (and he will not be able to do it, even though it happened during WW Hulk #5), do you think that Robert will ask him to kill him? [/B]
I think the Sentry has a weak mindset overall. It's always been his greatest weakness. Thanos' greatest strength is his mind so it's not hard to see where this one is going. Good point though the WW Hulk seemed to burn out the Sentry all out and the power level WW Hulk exhibited was elite top tier. That's it. Whoops. So far it isn't looking good.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:11 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote:

No, Robert will not have the wish to die in this battle, so it doesn't matter if Thanos won't hesitate unlike Thor, since Thor never killed Void in the first place. Robert did it. [/B]
Keep ignoring this I honestly don't care. Most foes can't get into a war of attrition with the Void but Thanos can. Thor did kill the Void with his assistance but his power destroyed his body. Thanos destroys his body and permanently kills him. The guy can override a universe' natural laws this is no sweat.

quote:

Yet another useless post.
What is that supposed to prove? Thor is not in the reach of Sentry's / Void's power level, face it.
The Void got stopped by Robert Reynolds during the Siege. The entire comic made it clear, everything what happened before made it clear, like the instance, where Void told Sentry that he can't kill himself, if he doesn't intend it to with all of his heart and soul. [/B]
It's amusing you telling someone else they are irrelevant when I read through your long very drawn out and inadequate arguments.

Thor can't beat the Void one on one but he is powerful to destroy the Void's body. Thanos is more powerful than Thor. Conclusion Thanos destroys his body killing him and as the avatar of death preventing his return to life. Void doesn't need to kill himself Thanos will commit murder most foul here.

quote:

Thanos is immune to death, yeah - Sentry is immortal and keeps returning. What's the point of that? It would end in a stalemate by that logic.
Why don't you bring in classic Juggernaut into a battle, who was basically immune to physical damage? Just because you can't defeat him, it doesn't mean that he is instantly more powerful then you. If Juggernaut is in a gauntlet and also can't finish you off, then you simply get past him, since there is no point in a ridiculous advantage like infinite invulnerability, or immortality. [/B]
Sentry isn't immune to death. Thanos can kill those who can't die hence the term immortals. Thanos has the tools most don't have in bringing down someone like the Void on top of the fact he's weak mentally and wanted death as his actions became clear to him. No, it isn't a stalemate because Thanos can kill those who cannot die. Read the scans and soak up my knowledge.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:12 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote:

Everything besides that Sentry has under his dispossal. He is faster then Thanos, he is stronger then Thanos.
What did Thanos do what proved him fast? Nothing, since super speed is not a part of his power set. Not even super fast reflexes are a part of his power set, since he has been tagged more then once in the past by characters who were vastly slower then Sentry. That includes Thor.[/B]
Sentry isn't stronger than Thanos. He didn't even look as strong as WW Hulk. Sure, the Void can rip characters like Ares and Loki in half not real heavyweights like Thanos but in the event it did happen even though it won't he reforms. Sentry is faster but he rarely ever uses his speed in a blitzing type manner against the WW Hulk he flew into his punches and let him attack him. He's a mess upstairs. He thanked the Hulk for beating him. Yet another example of him fearing losing control and someone else having to put him down. Thanos does so easily.
quote:

Strenght? Thanos never had any propper lifting feats, everything he was always doing was punching away characters in the past, who gained many upgrades.
Hell, while Thanos was wielding the Infinity Gauntlet Professor Hulk was able to smack him around. I'm not saying that he was hurting Thanos, but that he moved him, by punching him.
Even Thing managed to actually make Thanos move by punching him.
Sentry stands above them and would not even flinch after attacks from such people.[/B]
Sentry struggled to lift the helicarrier. LOL. This also isn't about lifting this is about punching people. Quit saying irrelevant and worthless things. Hulk did attack him just like every other hero in that comic did. Thanos won. WW Hulk burned out the Sentry who went all out. That's not very impressive considering the Hulk has never even come close to challenging Thanos let alone burning him out of power.

Your point ? Human Torch screwed with the Sentry's mind and sent him off with some mind tricks. The skrulls took him out of the battle in secret invasion as well. Your killer points are guys harming Thanos and losing while mine are foes far less than the Sentry defeating him or screwing with his mind. Advantage---Quanchi112.
quote:

Hell, Doctor Doom survived being blown away by Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet and he was fine afterwards, yet Sentry destroyed Doom multiple times and I mean multiple times. There were like 4 various occasions and in the end, Sentry probably still didn't even know who Doom was, because he didn't care about him, while Thanos is monitoring Doom on a regular basis.

Do you know who stalemated Galactus? It was the Sentry. Offpanel stated once by Spider-Man, but something like that happens often in comics. It was not a one-time-deal, it happened a second time, when X-Man said that Sentry and him were fighting against Galactus.

So you have two valid characters who respect Sentry deeply (like Spider-Man who admires Sentry and X-Man who bowed in front of the Sentry) saying that he stalemated Galactus, against Thanos who begged Galactus to spare his life. [/B]
Thanos depowered himself against Doom and friends. He also won the battle. The Sentry was Norman's tool he manipulated throughout the dark avengers who cares if Thanos kept tabs on Doom at least he doesn't follow a lunatic who paints his face's orders. Be serious. The guy couldn't even kill his own wife as the Void he's that mentally weak.

We don't count off panel statements. Sorry, we don't. We don't know if he had aid and I am told he did or how hungry Galactus was. Thor can get credit for defeating him all the same with a godblast anyways doesn't really mean he's unbeatable. You seem to really struggle with articulating your points or even resembling a coherent point.

Thanos wasn't there to battle Galactus and ended up saving his life. That Galactus was also well nourished. Context.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

quote:

Now you're just making something up, because you can't back it up with actualy power feats.

What do we actually have so far?
Speed? Sentry.
Strenght? Sentry.
Energy Projection? Sentry.[/B]
Sentry rarely uses his speed. He did blitz thor in siege but he countered so if Thor can shrug it off and counter I see no reason why Thanos cannot. I also seem to recall sentry using his speed flying directly into the WW Hulk's fists. How very impressed you must be.

Strength--Struggling with a helicarrier doesn't suggest a superiority in strength over Thanos. Who has Sentry overpowered who's exceptionally strong ?

I see no reason to suggest why his energy projection is greater than Thanos' either.

quote:

Mentality? If Thanos manages to get past Sentry's mental defenses, he will face the Void and then it would also be over for Thanos. Besides that:[/B]
What are you talking about ? People have sent the Sentry screaming off into the distance by a few well place words. This is also Thanos not some idiotic Human Torch yet we've seen what he's capable of. Just saying. smile Thanos can kill the Void and won't shy away from doing so.
quote:

Basically all the regularly often used abilities in fights, yet Sentry has the advantage in them.
And you're coming up with the their mentality. If we use a stable Sentry, and we do, since there is no point in depowering a character by giving him mental issues, which was done for the sake of the plot, like where Sentry had to face WW Hulk for example, who had to win the fight...
... then a stable Sentry won't be out-mental'ed by Thanos, since Thanos won't have the time. What makes you think that Thanos can keep up at the speeds Sentry operates? Thanos would have to deal with a great amount of damage, before he could even react to Sentry. [/B]
Sentry doesn't have one clear advantage. We've seen the Sentry burned out, scared off, ask for death, and thank someone for koing him and you think he has advantages over Thanos. You my friend are a maker of jokes.

Look at you here excusing or eliminating his character flaws. Most biased posters downplay or ignore showings they don't like I see you are no exception. So now the Sentry had to lose.....no in fact the Sentry defeated Blue Marvel in his own book. That's an example of the hero losing in his own book. LOL.
quote:

Is there something which makes you think otherwise? Like the instance, where Silver Surfer MISSED Thanos' gauntlet? If you try to bring that one up, to say that Thanos can react to speedblitzing characters, then think again, because that instance didn't really show Thanos being able to react to Silver Surfer's speedblitz.

Thanos has the ability to perceive energies sources and matter over large distances, so he maybe already knew in advance that something was coming and he was able to move out of the way before.[/B]
Thanos doesn't need that feat against the Sentry the guy has been known to fly into punches while smiling about it or batted back by Thor after not really affecting a class 100 character with a surprise attack. I don't even need to get serious with you because you really have no basis for an argument.

quote:

Or the other possibility, that he was standing in front of Captain America, ready to hit him, yet Captain America wasn't flinching, wasn't moving, since he knew his part of the plan - he was the bait and Thanos suspected that something was wrong, basically something you could actually say by judging his look on the face, after Silver Surfer missed the gauntlet and flew away.

Nothing was saying that Thanos reflexes did something to help him out of the misery. At the same time Thanos has more then enough bad showings when it comes to terms of the speed, like where Thor and Thing punched him away and he was thanking them for giving him the distance to attack them with his death ray vision. Basically the same thing what happened when Drax and Professor Hulk started punching him. Once again he used his death ray to get rid of Drax and then got attacked by the Hulk, I think.[/B]
I don't even need to address this. It's cute how ridiculous you are and it's a good indicator of how far you'll go to the land of asinine.

That's one showing I tend to think of Thanos using his shields or tk which ever method you believe he used to negate the Fallen One's speed although the Sentry doesn't ever speedblitz defeat anyone. Even Hercule' skill made his speed attacks look inadequate.

Thanos slapped Drax and the Hulk in the face. He didn't treat them as respectable adversaries he treated them with disrespect.

quote:

Who cares about that? He had all the time he needed to do that. What is he going to do if he faces an opponent like the Sentry who uses his speed, strenght and vast energy output, to get past his force fields and attack him directly.

If characters like Thor and even the freakish' Professor Hulk and the Thing can tag Thanos and make him flinch, as well Drax actually kill him, then Thanos will suffer a giant beating by the Sentry.
Thanos can't operate on such speeds, it has been proven more then once in the comics, like where he even failed to tag Captain Marvel, until Marvel made one little mistake and flew too slow.

That has proven absolutely nothing. Do you understand that? Nothing.
He shoots his eye beam and destroys some enemies, while Sentry destroys planets with his energy output, while holding back. [/B]
Sentry will probably run into Thanos' attacks he doesn't try to avoid much in fact he seems to fly blindly into his opposition.

Characters like Thor have tanked his speedblitz. Characters like Human Torch have messed with his fragile mind. Drax was killed by Thanos and despite his anti matter bomb on a weakened Thanos he came right back to. Drax was then promptly killed.

Sentry didn't destroy a planet in his battle against the WW Hulk in which he burned himself out and the planet wasn't destroyed just a few buildings. laughing out loud

Thanos wins, 10/10.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:17 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Quan is quangry

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:19 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Quan is quangry

I've not witnessed this before.

It is most interesting.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:23 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Enzeru
Who died, dude? Who died?
Just because Wolverine slashes a room full of random elite warriors, it doesn't automatically mean that he can slash through a room full of Daken's.
The same characters the other heroes tried and failed to kill. It's all in the scan. Don't try to discredit the scan just because Thanos does something amazing.
quote:

Do you know what canon fodder enemies are in comics? Nothing. They are there to die and make the heroes / villains look stylish.

Not even that particular instance is impressive, since it's one thing if someone can't die in a particular universe and if that someone lacks other important abilities like having the strenght, speed, durability, invulnerability and energy output to actually overpower his enemies, other then just having the advantage of the immortality. [/B]
Those foes weren't able to be killed by anyone in the Cancerverse save Thanos. No one else could do so they just previously tried.

These other attributes aren't in Sentry's favor since his energy output and overall power was milked against the WW Hulk. Thanos doesn't stall out against Thor with the power gem yet the Sentry not only stalls out but thanks Bruce for knocking him out. Yeah, Thanos eats him for breakfast. Maybe Bobbie will send him a thank you card for finally ending his troubles.
quote:

Thanos can override the life as much as he wants, it doesn't change the fact that Sentry returned multiple times back from the dead and the fact that his mental powers hold his physical form together. When he gets killed off, he appears back again, by manifesting out of nothing. It doesn't have anything to do with him being alive, or not. He stands above that.

The only thing that could actually defeat the Sentry once and for all would be a damn powerful and I mean, a damn powerful reality warper. "No more universe of one million exploding suns" and it would be over. [/B]
Thanos can permanently kill foes who are unkillable. Void can't. Big difference. No, the Void doesn't and he isn't beyond death as siege clearly showed. he went along for it but the fact remains he was killed so he can be killed. He even says kill me.

The avatar of death can do so. Thanos already defeated a reality warper in Maker. The Sentry just simply isn't on his level.
quote:

That was it? I mean, that's it? That's what I was waiting for? No offense, but that was just weak. I have to stand up tomorrow early and I was mainly waiting for your response to see if you can throw something at me, which could give me something to think about, but no, you didn't do crap.

I'm off for today, it's too late here in this weird country.

PS: Squirrel Girl > Robert Reynolds > Sentry > Void > Thanos > Thor > Silver Surfer = Doctor Doom. [/B]
You lost the debate. Thanos can render immortals dead. Thanos is immune to death. Void isn't. Bob's mind is weak Thanos' isn't. Sentry's powers have been exhausted against an elite top tier. Thanos wins.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 04:24 AM
Enzeru

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos doesn't need more time than the Sentry. We've seen the Sentry remain dead for some time by Morgana, initially Molecule Man, and then for good so far from Thor although he didn't want to live anymore. Are you ever right ?

No, we have seen what Sentry does to characters without super speed and super reflexes. If they have a low durability, he flies behind them and rips their head off before they can even react.

No matter who it was, they were not able to react and took damage. WW Hulk, Blue Marvel, the Collective, Thor, Morgana, Doctor Doom and so on.
Thanos is not faster then these characters by any means, since he has been tagged and outspeeded by such characters on a regular basis.

Sentry's speed > Thanos speed ... BY A HUGE MARGIN. And speed is always an important factor in a battle.

The Void took on his friends and he has other personalities spilling over no matter who he may be taking on. The point is already made Thanos as the avatar of death can kill him permanently. Sorry, unlike the Void Thanos can bring down the unkillable. laughing out loud The Void from the Siege isn't a weaker version. I love it when people ignore the showings.

What are personalities? Void has various kinds of forms, since he is a shape shifter. His personality was nearly always the same.

Thanos never faced someone with such an unique power set like the Sentry. And you still didn't adress the point, that the Sentry isn't life, but energy, which always manifests back again, after being destroyed / "killed off".

Who ever said that Void was a weaker version during the Siege of Asgard? I didn't say something like that. I simply said that Sentry and Void there were not over the TOP characters, who have to be used separately in battles.
Mainly because they had more impressive showings in the past. Who did the Void actually face during the Siege? No one stronger, then he was facing in the past, like the other instances, when he was pwning characters like classic Thor and classic Strange and Savage Hulk during the early years, when Sentry was mentally stable and so powerful, that the Void had to manifest himself as a separate entity, because he was not able to take control over Sentry's body.

You know like, Sentry > Void > Everything he ever faced, before the insane Norn-stones upgrade > Thanos.

I think the Sentry has a weak mindset overall. It's always been his greatest weakness. Thanos' greatest strength is his mind so it's not hard to see where this one is going. Good point though the WW Hulk seemed to burn out the Sentry all out and the power level WW Hulk exhibited was elite top tier. That's it. Whoops. So far it isn't looking good.

It's not his greatest weakness. It's his only weakness.

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. When it comes to a fight against an other powerful opponent in a forum battle, do you shoot Superman with a Kryptonite gun, because Kryptonite it's his weakness? No.

When Sentry was in a weak mental condition many people were able to manipulate him. Hell even Kingpin managed to do it and Kingpin is not exactly a Tony Stark or a Norman Osborn.
When Sentry was in a better mental condition, he stood above everyone else.

Additionally to that Sentry's power level sinks, when he is in a weak mental condition. That is a well adressed fact in the world of comics and if you're not aware of that, then never ever answer to a Sentry debate again.

During the WW Hulk #5 Sentry was in a weak mental condition. He was skipping the fight for few days, because he was unable to leave his house because of his agoraphobia. The fear of wide, open spaces, where he couldn't hide if it would come to a panic attack.
When Hulk decided to kill the heroes, Sentry knew that it was time to play God, he entered the battle and while still being weak and only having enough energy to bring it on a city busting level, it was still more than enough to actually have the upper hand in the fight against World War Hulk, one of the most powerful Hulk versions and to actually stalemate that Hulk in the end.

It was Professor Hulk who was able to punch Thanos around. And it was Savage Hulk, a stronger version then Professor Hulk who was not able to make the Sentry even flinch, when he threw a train onto him. Then Savage Hulk got overpowered by a stable Sentry mentally.
You know, like the Savage Hulk, who is supposed to be immune to telepathy, because of his brute nature.

Whooooops, so far it isn't looking good for you!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 09:20 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Sentry isn't stronger than Thanos. He didn't even look as strong as WW Hulk. Sure, the Void can rip characters like Ares and Loki in half not real heavyweights like Thanos but in the event it did happen even though it won't he reforms. Sentry is faster but he rarely ever uses his speed in a blitzing type manner against the WW Hulk he flew into his punches and let him attack him. He's a mess upstairs. He thanked the Hulk for beating him. Yet another example of him fearing losing control and someone else having to put him down. Thanos does so easily.

Did I adress it in this answer, or already in the one before? If it was in the one before, then you're being ridiculous right now, since you're not really reading my posts.

Sentry was in a weak mental state. When something like that happens, his speed and his strenght sink.
Why do you think he needed so long to travel from his house to the battlefield? Because he was simply not that fast. There was an entire conversation and few actions during his flight, where Reed Richards was forced to kill Tony Stark, but stopped because Hulk decided to let them live and so on ...

It took Sentry probably minutes to fly to that point, while in the past he was speeding all over the world in seconds. He was flying from the Earth to the Sun during one single conversation multiple times, he was even flying from Earth to Saturn during one scream, he was flying from the orbit to the ground in one panel, basically an amount of time Blue Marvel couldn't even react to.

Sentry thanked WW Hulk not for beating him, but for stopping him.
That was the entire point of the battle. It was the Sentry who lost the control over his powers and started destroying everything and it was the Hulk who had to stop him, while Sentry was gladly taking the punches, since he knew that he was the one who had to be stopped.

Do you read comics, or do you just look at the pictures?
If you would actually read them and think about the entire story, then you would know that Sentry was indeed afraid of losing the control over his powers and that's also what happened during the WW Hulk fight. He was simply mentally unstable, lost control and his power level during that time was shredding city-blocks and turning into city-busting destruction.

Sentry struggled to lift the helicarrier. LOL. This also isn't about lifting this is about punching people. Quit saying irrelevant and worthless things. Hulk did attack him just like every other hero in that comic did. Thanos won. WW Hulk burned out the Sentry who went all out. That's not very impressive considering the Hulk has never even come close to challenging Thanos let alone burning him out of power.

Thanos never had a lifting feat. LOL.

Yes, it is about punching people and no, Hulk did not attack Thanos. It was Professor Hulk who attacked Thanos, a much, much, much, much, much, much, much weaker version then World War Hulk.
WW Hulk was in disadvantage in his fight against Sentry, who went all out, but yet was in a weak condition, therefore didn't have the power level to simply burn through Hulk.

Keep one thing in mind.

1. Unstable Sentry who stays for days in his house, unable to leave and then still enters the battle to stop the WW Hulk ... Destroys a city by losing the control over his downgraded power.

2. Unstable Sentry who is in his bed and afraid of the Void doesn't feel like entering the fight and stopping the Collective, who just killed the entire Alpha Flight (besides Sasquatch) and overpowered Binary, who is a planet buster ... yet after Captain America yells at him, he enters the battlefield and stalemates the Collective long enough.

3. Sentry, which mental issues are not adressed fights Photon and is afraid of destroying the entire planet during the fight. Photon teleports them into a microverse, together with Captain America. Sentry releases more of his power and starts destroying planets while still holding back.
Photon teleports Captain America away, Sentry finally cuts loose for the very first time, since he is in an area where he can cut loose and you see his energy expanding in the real world, while he is in a microverse. That sir, is the power of one million exploding suns.

Your point ? Human Torch screwed with the Sentry's mind and sent him off with some mind tricks. The skrulls took him out of the battle in secret invasion as well. Your killer points are guys harming Thanos and losing while mine are foes far less than the Sentry defeating him or screwing with his mind. Advantage---Quanchi112.
Thanos depowered himself against Doom and friends. He also won the battle. The Sentry was Norman's tool he manipulated throughout the dark avengers who cares if Thanos kept tabs on Doom at least he doesn't follow a lunatic who paints his face's orders. Be serious. The guy couldn't even kill his own wife as the Void he's that mentally weak.

Already adressed this point. Human Torch "overloaded" the Sentry with energy, basically one of the most stupid plot devices to get rid of the Sentry, since he was in the sun more then once and was doing just fine.
Additionally to that Sentry would have been able to solo everyone on the battlefield in seconds, including Hammond. That's a fact everyone should be aware of.

Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet and Doom felt Thanos' wrath. Doesn't sound like Thanos was going all easy on Doom who tried to steal the Infinity Gauntlet by force shortly before. Yet Doom survived thanks to his force fields / his armor, something what never bothered the Sentry in the past.

As I mentioned it already. Even Kingpin managed to manipulate a mentally unstable Sentry. No biggie. You desperately want to make Sentry mentally unstable for the fight and additionally you talk about AOD Thanos, because maybe even you know what would happen otherwise.
Sentry > Thanos.
Sentry > Void.
That's the reason why Void wasn't able to kill Lindy. Because Sentry didn't allow him to, since he was still in love with Lindy. I don't know why I even adressed this point, since you once again proved that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 09:20 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Keep ignoring this I honestly don't care. Most foes can't get into a war of attrition with the Void but Thanos can. Thor did kill the Void with his assistance but his power destroyed his body. Thanos destroys his body and permanently kills him. The guy can override a universe' natural laws this is no sweat.

Thor didn't do crap. He did only one thing correct during the entire battle and I will explain it to you in few seconds, but at first.

It was Loki who acknowledged Void's power level as ... and I quote ... > all-powerful < ... Then he took all the Norn-stones and gave them to the heroes, who got an insane power upgrade and were able to harm the Void.
I don't think Thanos would have survived something like that. Basically attacks where even Captain America was able to do insane physical damage to the Void who was shrugging off Savage Hulk's best shots just fine in the past and broke all of his bones without any effort at all, as well overpowered him mentally on a regular basis.

Thor had that power upgrade too and therefore he was also able to do damage to the Void. If Captain America can harm someone like the Void, then imagine how much damage Thor was dishing out, yet Void still somehow had the attack power to ignore a direct attack by the Norn-stones (which proves, that he is not vulnerable to magic) and one-shotted Loki, who was in a perfect condition before.

Thanos can't inflict enough damage to actually kill the nor, nor can he inflict enough damage to actually kill an even stronger Sentry.

And now show me scans where Thanos overrides the life of beings who are not the typical comic book canon fodder and who have a similar power set to the Sentry.
You won't be able to, but it doesn't even matter, because.

1. Sentry stands above life, since he is supposed to be a manifestation out of energy, since his own molecules dwell in a different timeline. It doesn't matter if Thanos can override the life in a specific universe, if his opponent has a body in that universe but returns to a different point of existence and then returns back from there, by simply manifesting energy in the real world.

2. And not even that doesn't matter since how confidential is Thanos exactly? He once said that even immortality has it's limits after he tossed Champion from the orbit onto a planet and asked himself if Champion could survive the fall.

Way to go, Thanos.

It's amusing you telling someone else they are irrelevant when I read through your long very drawn out and inadequate arguments.

Funny to hear that out of your mouth, mate.

Thor can't beat the Void one on one but he is powerful to destroy the Void's body. Thanos is more powerful than Thor. Conclusion Thanos destroys his body killing him and as the avatar of death preventing his return to life. Void doesn't need to kill himself Thanos will commit murder most foul here.

Already adressed this point.

Thor can't beat the Void. Every damage Thor did to the Void was because of his power upgrade. Later on, when the Norn-stones disappeared he did the only one exact thing. He continued attacking an already very weakened Void.

I already made the example once. If 10 guys beat the crap out of you, even a 10 years old child will inflict damage and be able to kick you in the nuts, while you won't be able to defend yourself, since you're already badly hurt.
But you could maybe still one-shot the child, if he somehow manage to hit him. The exact same thing happened during the Siege.

a) the empowered heroes attacked and weakened the Void...
b) the power upgrade was gone and Thor continued attacking the Void, not giving him a chance to recover, since even Sentry and Void needed few seconds to start recovering...
c) Void still managed to kill Loki, who was sitting on the ground and tried to fight back...
d) Thor teleported Void away and in the same moment the Helicarrier fell onto the Void, who reverted back...

Thanos won't do crap.

Sentry isn't immune to death. Thanos can kill those who can't die hence the term immortals. Thanos has the tools most don't have in bringing down someone like the Void on top of the fact he's weak mentally and wanted death as his actions became clear to him. No, it isn't a stalemate because Thanos can kill those who cannot die. Read the scans and soak up my knowledge.

You can't prove that Sentry isn't immune to death. Not even I - his greatest fan - can do something like that, since it was made pretty clear that he was standing above everything and in the end decided not to return.

Why did he decide that? Because he was mentally weak and therefore he lost the battle? Uhm, no?
Since when is it a sign of weakness, if someone sacrifices himself to save the mankind? He knew that the Void would keep returning and causing death and destruction and in the end he decided to never return. He decided not to return to save the heroes, who were on the battlefield, fighting against the Void to save the mankind, yet it in the end it was Robert who always had the might to stop it.

Do you actually see what you're doing?
There is no such a thing like a classic Sentry. The character never had a retcon, he always had and has his power level. His weakness was exploited from time to time, to depower him for the sake of the plot. What's the point in a Marvel Earth bound hero, who can solo the entire battlefield in 2 seconds?

Do you know what happened during the Civil War? They had to find a way to get rid of the Sentry, so they gave him even more mental issues and he left the Earth and spent some time in the space, where he met the Inhumans once again.
Sentry himself acknowledged that he could easily stop the entire Civil War. He acknowledged that he has the power to do so. To erase it from the history books.
Yay @ Mind Erasing of over 6 billion people and even animals.

In forum battles we use characters in their prime and a mentally unstable Sentry is not a Sentry-Prime.
Additionally to that you didn't even try to argue for Thanos, instead of talking about his AOD upgrade.
What if we take his AOD upgrade away? Then he basically has nothing to face the Sentry.

In a different thread (Sentry vs Lord Marvell) I already said that AOD Thanos would at least stalemate the Sentry, but at the same time I could care less, since AOD Thanos doesn't bother me at all. That's his current state and if he loses that upgrade, then he is the plain old Thanos, who losses to the Sentry big time.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 09:21 AM
Enzeru

Sentry rarely uses his speed. He did blitz thor in siege but he countered so if Thor can shrug it off and counter I see no reason why Thanos cannot. I also seem to recall sentry using his speed flying directly into the WW Hulk's fists. How very impressed you must be.
Strength--Struggling with a helicarrier doesn't suggest a superiority in strength over Thanos. Who has Sentry overpowered who's exceptionally strong?

Sentry used his speed more then often. The fact is that none of the characters he faced was able to react to it. Everyone took it. If he is serious Thanos is going to take more of it, then you are willing to admit.

Already adressed the point with WW Hulk. Sentry wanted to be hurt. He was supporting Hulk, telling him that it was "good" o_O He wanted to be stopped.

Sentry also faced stronger opponents then Thanos. You're probably impressed by Thanos because he pimp-slapped Drax and Professor Hulk. I'm sure that Sentry could duplicate everything Thanos ever did in terms of strenght, since Thanos was mainly facing weak characters, who got many upgrades.
Hell, Thanos was flinching after Thing punched him, while Sentry didn't even move one inch.

I see no reason to suggest why his energy projection is greater than Thanos' either.

Because Thanos does not have the feats to back up at least multiple planetary busting energy projection.
Besides that Sentry's energy projection is even bigger, judging by the Photon fight, since his energy expanded a microverse.

What are you talking about ? People have sent the Sentry screaming off into the distance by a few well place words. This is also Thanos not some idiotic Human Torch yet we've seen what he's capable of. Just saying. smile Thanos can kill the Void and won't shy away from doing so.

Again you're using plot devices to downgrade the Sentry and give Thanos a fighting chance. Weak.
Do you see me only riding on Thanos bad moments? Like where Gamora beat the crap out of him? Or where Thanos trained her to fight Adam Warlock, because he is afraid of Warlock? LOL! Just saying.

Sentry > Void > Thanos.

Sentry doesn't have one clear advantage. We've seen the Sentry burned out, scared off, ask for death, and thank someone for koing him and you think he has advantages over Thanos. You my friend are a maker of jokes.

Sentry has many advantages.
Strenght, speed, energy projection, the ability to get past force fields, without even bothering, a greater molecule manipulation. And these are just offense-powers.

- A weakened Sentry burned out...
- A mentally unstable Sentry was afraid and left the battlefield...
- He asked for death to save everyone...
- Yet the one who K.O.'ed him got defeated by the Sentry 3 panels after...

Yes, Sentry > Thanos.

Look at you here excusing or eliminating his character flaws. Most biased posters downplay or ignore showings they don't like I see you are no exception. So now the Sentry had to lose.....no in fact the Sentry defeated Blue Marvel in his own book. That's an example of the hero losing in his own book. LOL.
Thanos doesn't need that feat against the Sentry the guy has been known to fly into punches while smiling about it or batted back by Thor after not really affecting a class 100 character with a surprise attack. I don't even need to get serious with you because you really have no basis for an argument.

Yes, Blue Marvel got defeated by the Sentry in his own book and that says something. New characters often have insane feats, to make everyone talk about them and buy their comics. It's the way it goes and Blue Marvel was able to punch the Sentry into the orbit. Red Hulk punched Uatu in the face. Wofooo.

Sentry > Blue Marvel.

That's one showing I tend to think of Thanos using his shields or tk which ever method you believe he used to negate the Fallen One's speed although the Sentry doesn't ever speedblitz defeat anyone. Even Hercule' skill made his speed attacks look inadequate.

Sentry wasn't even trying in that fight. Yet again you were not reading the comic, but enjoying the colors.
Sentry was clearly trying to talk it out, he said that he didn't want to fight. He wasn't even flying fast, since he was able to say an entire sentence, before he reached Hercules who grabbed him.
I'm happy that Hercules grabbed him. Hercules is far more skilled then Sentry. Hercules is more skilled than Thor, since he was also already choking the crap out of Thor, who was not able to break the grip and had to cheat.

When Sentry finally had enough, the rammed Hercules into the ground and punched him once. Hercules blocked it with one hand and had to use his other hand for support: "Ugn..."
Then he kicked Sentry into the nuts and ran away. Way to win a fight Hercules.

Thanos slapped Drax and the Hulk in the face. He didn't treat them as respectable adversaries he treated them with disrespect.

Stay at the truth, mate. He slapped Drax and PROFESSOR Hulk in the face and that was not it. They got back up again and punched him around, until he had to use his Death Ray Vision to get rid of Drax.

Sentry will probably run into Thanos' attacks he doesn't try to avoid much in fact he seems to fly blindly into his opposition.

Judging by your logic Thanos will do everything correctly, while Sentry will only make mistakes. That is being biased towards your favorite character and biased against his opponent, mate.

Characters like Thor have tanked his speedblitz. Characters like Human Torch have messed with his fragile mind. Drax was killed by Thanos and despite his anti matter bomb on a weakened Thanos he came right back to. Drax was then promptly killed.
Sentry didn't destroy a planet in his battle against the WW Hulk in which he burned himself out and the planet wasn't destroyed just a few buildings. laughing out loud
Thanos wins, 10/10.

I adressed all of this points and it's getting ridiculous slowly, because you were wrong about them and you're still wrong.

Sentry > Thanos

Enzeru

The same characters the other heroes tried and failed to kill. It's all in the scan. Don't try to discredit the scan just because Thanos does something amazing.
Those foes weren't able to be killed by anyone in the Cancerverse save Thanos. No one else could do so they just previously tried.

Using canon-fodder-enemies as a feat is not amazing, but pointless.
Mr. Immortal is immortal too, since he keeps returning from the dead. Does that mean that Wolverine is chanceless against him? No, because Wolverine is overall more powerful.

And it's not like you have proven that Thanos could override someone like the Sentry, since he basically never faced someone with Sentry's unique abilities.

These other attributes aren't in Sentry's favor since his energy output and overall power was milked against the WW Hulk. Thanos doesn't stall out against Thor with the power gem yet the Sentry not only stalls out but thanks Bruce for knocking him out. Yeah, Thanos eats him for breakfast. Maybe Bobbie will send him a thank you card for finally ending his troubles.

You're only using Sentry's badest energy output showing, which is perfectly explainable by his mental instability, which was pretty high at that particular fight, yet he is so much more then just a city buster.

And it's still ... Sentry > Thanos.

Thanos can permanently kill foes who are unkillable. Void can't. Big difference. No, the Void doesn't and he isn't beyond death as siege clearly showed. he went along for it but the fact remains he was killed so he can be killed. He even says kill me.

He even says "Kill me!", and decides to never return from the dead. Big difference there.
Did the Molecule Man return yet? I'm not sure. And you still have to adress Thanos "killing" someone like the Sentry with all of his unique power. You won't be able to.

The avatar of death can do so. Thanos already defeated a reality warper in Maker. The Sentry just simply isn't on his level.
You lost the debate. Thanos can render immortals dead. Thanos is immune to death. Void isn't. Bob's mind is weak Thanos' isn't. Sentry's powers have been exhausted against an elite top tier. Thanos wins.

The AOD upgrade is the only thing which could and probably even would turn this fight into Thanos' favor, but then again, judging by the forum fights, AOD Thanos wins actually every single battle, just like no one can defeat classic Juggernaut, because of his invulnerability. No biggie.

Sentry's powers have never been exhausted, while he was in his prime. While being in his prime, he was causing damage to a microverse and in the next scan you saw Photon breaking out and BFR'ing the Sentry by teleporting him into a second microverse.
What happened? Did Sentry started destroying the entire microverse and forced Photon to escape and BFR Sentry, because Photon didn't have any other chance but to BFR his opponent? Wooooo.

Sentry wins.

abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It looks like quan has finally found his equal.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 09:26 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't take Quan seriously.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 11:50 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^^Who takes?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 12:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

So its settled that Thanos wins then.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 12:49 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^ Of course Thanos wins.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 01:11 PM
bbrem123

Neither have to power to dispose of the other is how I see it.

So is everybody just asuming that void dies when his body is destroyed? Hes not so much dead when his body is destroy but bfred until he can rearrange himself. You also have the void living within the mind of Scott. So even the point of him killed at the end of seige is technically wrong.

Sentry is not an unkillable from a universe without a death. He is an unkillable from a universe with a death. Thanos does not have to power to kill whoever he damn well pleases. That reaching quite a bit. Thanos had the power to bring the aspect of death back to a universe that didnt have it. Nothing more. Which allow for the beings of that universe to be killed once again.

Last edited by bbrem123 on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 02:19 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Thanos wins

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 02:44 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Thanos kills him and sentry stays dead, not because he wants to, he just can't come back from permanent death.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 02:50 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote