KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus

RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arhael
Devoid of reality

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yep that should have been possible.

Not really. I dnt see the old guys like Palpatine, Yoda and Dooku having the same stamina as the much younger Anakin and Obi-Wan.

The AOTC novel even calls Yoda exhausted after his short duel with Dooku.

They are more powerful of course (unless we're talking about Zone Anakin) but that doesnt mean they have the same stamina. Sidious rarely uses his stamina anyway. Rarely even uses a lightsaber. He's more of a "Il flick my hands and cause lightning and storms" kind of guy.

Good point about stamina but still, when Yoda immersed himself in the Force, he bacame young again.

I have a few more theories. My opinion is that Palpatine managed to kill three masters so easily not just because of his uber saber skill. As Sith he was master of exploiting enemy's fears and doubts. Those masters simply weren't ready to face a Sith Lord and Palpatine used their fear to numb their movements. Just like in Dark Nest, when Lomi Plo used Luke's fear for lives of Mara and Jasen to freeze him in place completely and it was Luke in his prime.

No matter how powerful Palpatine was, as any Sith he was coward. He felt Windu's determination and self-control and couldn't expose his emotions and as result he got scared himself even more.

With Yoda situation was different. Turning Anakin to darkside, issuing Order 66 and achieving what no other Sith could gave him exhilaration of victory making him much stronger.

About Palpatine rarely using lightsaber is not entirely true. He started heavily abusing Force only after establishing Empire. He increased his power so much that his body couldn't contain it and started failing.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ As far as I know Palpatine had not touched his lightsaber for about 10 years when it came to the time of ROTS. I think other posters on these boards have previously posted evidence of this. Might be from the ROTS novel.

As for why Mace could challenge Sidious whilst the other Jedi could not.. Lucas was asked about this and he responded: "You have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emporer. Anakin could have defeated the Emporer had he not got all beat up." (Making of ROTS). So only those people could possibly have competed with Sidious, no one else.

As for Yoda immersing himself in the Force to become young again.. Dooku does a similar technique every time he got tired against Anakin and Obi-Wan, but it was dependant on his Force reserves.

Thats why Anakin has such good stamina, because he basically has an unlimited amount of Force reserves to draw from. Of course Yoda will have a decent amount of Force reserves to draw from as well.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
[B]^ As far as I know Palpatine had not touched his lightsaber for about 10 years when it came to the time of ROTS. I think other posters on these boards have previously posted evidence of this. Might be from the ROTS novel.
I actually don't know about Palpatine before RotS, I made an assumption since he trained Maul. Logically to fight Yoda on equal terms he obviously should have had some practice.

Are there actually situations in novels, where Anakin got exhausted from using too much Force?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Arhael
I actually don't know about Palpatine before RotS, I made an assumption since he trained Maul. Logically to fight Yoda on equal terms he obviously should have had some practice.

Are there actually situations in novels, where Anakin got exhausted from using too much Force?

As far as I know He did used to train with his Saber at the time Maul was his apprentice, and he wasn't too busy being Supreme Chancellor and instigating a Galactic civil war. But that was all 10-13years pre-ROTS.

Anakin doesnt get tired. He actually gets stronger as the fight goes on, due to his virtual limitless Force reserves to draw from.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

It’s been stated that anakin was in his physical prime in ROTS and being confirmed as one of the most powerful force wielded in history. Zone anakin would utterly shit stomp Malgus.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 06:22 AM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

This is a Slaughter in favor of Anakin

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 02:49 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin breaks him into little pieces.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 12:07 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote