KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Another Jedi mistake?

Another Jedi mistake?
Started by: Charlie512

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Charlie512

Another Jedi mistake?

I read somewhere that the Jedi didn't think Palpatine was Sidious because supposedly he was already in control of the galaxy and hadn't moved to kill the Jedi. Is this true? Does anyone have the source? Is it EU? Novelization? Can anyone explain this more thoroughly.

If this is true, this only makes the Jedi seem even more completely stupid, if that was even possible.

"Oh, sure yeah, it could be Palpatine who is behind it all, but he already controlls the galaxy. Nah it couldn't be him".

laughing out loud

Charlie

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 06:16 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Always thought that "The Dark Side clouds everything" kinda summed up the whole bit.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 07:42 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This user reminds me of C-3POTheClever...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 08:10 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlie512

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh
Always thought that "The Dark Side clouds everything" kinda summed up the whole bit.

How exactly does this work? So was is the dark side of the force itself that 'clouded everything'? Not some dark side power from Palpatine? Was this also the reason why the Jedi's 'ability to use the force had diminished'? And if yes, why did it only affect the mental and not the physical use of the force? The Jedi seemed to be able to use their force powers just fine.

Also what exactly does it mean by 'clouds everything'? Does that mean that the Jedi cannot use the force to find clarity in the situation? Or does it mean that the it makes the Jedi themselves lose the capability to use logic and reason?

Also, isn't that quote just a way to cover for lazy writing? I mean if anything can be explained away by "The Dark Side clouds everything", then there is no point in ever debating these topics. Regardless, though even if the dark side does cloud the judgement of the Jedi in regards to using the force why do the Jedi make this unreasonable mistakes that don't really require to force to make better choices?

@Kazenji
What do you mean?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JuicyJ

I like your thought process, but I think sometimes (and I am guilty of this too) we overthink Star Wars. "The Dark Side clouds everything" simply means there is deception everywhere. The Jedi are many, remember the council. They all must agree before proceeding; so if I think there is a great plot against the Jedi, but two disagree then they win. All the Sith have to do is create enough uncertainty to keep the Jedi from reacting. All IMO, of course.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 04:51 AM
Click here to Send JuicyJ a Private Message Find more posts by JuicyJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The only thing that that concept told me: these Jdei sit around all day and can't see a whole lot that happens right under their noses? Why was it again that Lucas wanted to show us the Jedi in their prime again???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 09:47 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Kazenji
This user reminds me of C-3POTheClever...
Does it now?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 09:13 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well isn't someone the popular member

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 12:23 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JuicyJ

Originally posted by queeq
The only thing that that concept told me: these Jdei sit around all day and can't see a whole lot that happens right under their noses? Why was it again that Lucas wanted to show us the Jedi in their prime again???

IMO this wasn't the Jedi in their prime. Just Anakin and Obi Wan in their prime.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 12:30 AM
Click here to Send JuicyJ a Private Message Find more posts by JuicyJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Another Jedi mistake?

Originally posted by Charlie512
I read somewhere that the Jedi didn't think Palpatine was Sidious because supposedly he was already in control of the galaxy and hadn't moved to kill the Jedi. Is this true? Does anyone have the source? Is it EU? Novelization? Can anyone explain this more thoroughly.

If this is true, this only makes the Jedi seem even more completely stupid, if that was even possible.

"Oh, sure yeah, it could be Palpatine who is behind it all, but he already controlls the galaxy. Nah it couldn't be him".

laughing out loud

Charlie

Was stated in the ROTS novel. Mace Windu says that the only reason Palapatine is not a suspect is because he already controls the galaxy.

Originally posted by Jaeh

thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by JuicyJ
IMO this wasn't the Jedi in their prime. Just Anakin and Obi Wan in their prime.

That's not what Lucas said.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 09:26 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote