KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Constantine 2

Constantine 2
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Constantine 2

http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/co...ed-coming-soon/

This is news to me. I'm pretty psyched. I actually rather like the first film. I don't really understand why they say they're going for an R rating this time, though, cuz the first was rated R. I guess they mean it's not going to hold back at all this time..? I think maybe they did aim for a PG-13 rating initially. And it's kind of weird, cuz I thought I remembered Keanu Reeves saying something to the effect of there not being enough interest in it to bother making a sequel. Cuz it wasn't a very big domestic success. *shrug* I hope it's directed well, though, cuz I think Francis Lawrence is a pretty talented director; he gave it a pretty slick feel.

I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will hate on Keanu for playing this part, but I thought he did well. Stupid stuff like him not being blonde just doesn't seem all that vital to me. I think he played the character quite well.

Hells yeah, more demons 'n shit..

big grin

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this is good news. The first movie is one of my favorite comics movies.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:39 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Same here. While I wouldn't say it's perfect, it definitely kicks a lot of ass. The scenes in hell and the the demons were cool as shit. And Peter Stormare as Lucifer was nicely done.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:53 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Re: Constantine 2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will hate on Keanu for playing this part, but I thought he did well. Stupid stuff like him not being blonde just doesn't seem all that vital to me. I think he played the character quite well.

Hells yeah, more demons 'n shit..

big grin [/B]

It wasn't so much that Keanu wasn't blonde but the simple fact that they had to Americanise the whole story.

I got fed up reading about how the director & Keanu were both fans of the comics & how much they wanted to be accurate to both the character of Constantine & the "world he lived in".

And it's so typical of Hollywood that a "hard ass" dude always needs a side-kick for comedic relief.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:02 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Fair enough. I like British accents a lot, so I would certainly prefer that as well. stick out tongue

And about them wanting to be true to the character: I can see that being annoying, but I think their point was just that the superficial stuff like what color his hair is and what color jacket he wears isn't as important as what the character is like.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:06 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Keanu playing Constantine is just as bad as Billy Zane playing The Phantom or Stallone as Judge Dredd.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:17 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Keanu playing Constantine is just as bad as Billy Zane playing The Phantom or Stallone as Judge Dredd.

Or Topher Grace as Venom?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:41 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Constantine was a highly underrated movie in my opinion. This is great news for me. Hope to see Reeves back as Hellblazer soon

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The article in the op is from 2006, I wouldn't put too much faith in their being a sequel in production.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:57 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In a 2008-9 interview Reeves said there would be no sequel. Haven't heard since.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:03 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If they do make a sequal hopefully they get back the guy who played Lucifer. That guy was hardcore. Best scene of the movie.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:06 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!

Didn't bother clicking the link... that's what i get for trusting people to be accurate with their posts. Thanks for getting my hopes up, a-hole.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:12 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nephthys
If they do make a sequal hopefully they get back the guy who played Lucifer. That guy was hardcore. Best scene of the movie.

Lucifer is also a Nihilist; he cares about nothing.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:13 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

first film was utter garbage.. there won't be a sequel methinks

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, my bad, then. IMDB has a page for it, so my bad. I guess I was seeing what I wanted to see, cuz I got excited, too.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:04 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Me and my friends loved the first film. A good romp. I've gotten pretty used to the American's utter hatred of any culture besides theirs. So looking past Keanu's representation didn't bother me at all. I'm surprised he hasn't already made more sequels or even better a HBOlike TV series.

But Keanus an idiot and doesn't know what he has in front of him. Shame.
Another comic franchise down the drain. Thank God a couple of goth girls in Sydney persuaded him to not make a Bill and Ted sequel....that would've been tragic. He'll keep making romantic comedies and screwing old ladies until he retires in Hawaii surrounded in a plethora of grannies and meds.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 10:21 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
first film was utter garbage..
kill yourself.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 10:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I liked the first. But I see there isn't any news of sequel oh well. Thanks for getting my hopes up you sadist.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 02:07 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by the ninjak
Thank God a couple of goth girls in Sydney persuaded him to not make a Bill and Ted sequel....that would've been tragic. He'll keep making romantic comedies and screwing old ladies until he retires in Hawaii surrounded in a plethora of grannies and meds.

When was that??

because back in April last year a third installment was confirmed.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 02:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Kazenji
When was that??

because back in April last year a third installment was confirmed.

Last year some time Reeves and whateverhisname were having dinner at one of our hotels talking about whether they should make a third film.
Two goth girls walked up to them end said. "Look. It's Bill and Ted cept old" they started laughing and walked away and the duo looked at each and nodded in affirmation.
When questioned shortly after they said it wasn't a good idea.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 04:23 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote