KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Constantine 2

Constantine 2
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
kill yourself.

i cannot do that.. lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 04:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by the ninjak
But Keanus an idiot and doesn't know what he has in front of him. Shame.
Another comic franchise down the drain. Thank God a couple of goth girls in Sydney persuaded him to not make a Bill and Ted sequel....that would've been tragic. He'll keep making romantic comedies and screwing old ladies until he retires in Hawaii surrounded in a plethora of grannies and meds.

It's on the studio to get the sequel in production, not Reeves. They are still making a Bill and Ted 3 (it apparently has a script in place already). Has Reeves even done a romantic comedy? Old ladies? I'm pretty sure he is into dudes... or at least bi. Apparently he was banging dudes in Toronto and hanging out at gay bath houses after River Phoenix died.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jan 5th, 2012 at 05:09 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 05:07 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
When was that??

because back in April last year a third installment was confirmed.
A third movie is such a terrible idea considering how old they are now.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 05:27 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's on the studio to get the sequel in production, not Reeves. They are still making a Bill and Ted 3 (it apparently has a script in place already). Has Reeves even done a romantic comedy? Old ladies? I'm pretty sure he is into dudes... or at least bi. Apparently he was banging dudes in Toronto and hanging out at gay bath houses after River Phoenix died.

Then Keanu's a whore. He was in that movie with Sandra Bullock something about letters. If he's bi that's Ok. But he was screwing Diane Keaton for a while. That's weird. I bet he has real abandonment issues due to his wife and his boyfriend River dying. That's why he's into the moms.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 02:23 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Constantine 2

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/co...ed-coming-soon/

This is news to me. I'm pretty psyched. I actually rather like the first film. I don't really understand why they say they're going for an R rating this time, though, cuz the first was rated R. I guess they mean it's not going to hold back at all this time..? I think maybe they did aim for a PG-13 rating initially. And it's kind of weird, cuz I thought I remembered Keanu Reeves saying something to the effect of there not being enough interest in it to bother making a sequel. Cuz it wasn't a very big domestic success. *shrug* I hope it's directed well, though, cuz I think Francis Lawrence is a pretty talented director; he gave it a pretty slick feel.

I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will hate on Keanu for playing this part, but I thought he did well. Stupid stuff like him not being blonde just doesn't seem all that vital to me. I think he played the character quite well.

Hells yeah, more demons 'n shit..

big grin

You got psyched over an article that's six years old?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 04:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

I didn't know a sequel was EVER considered, so I assumed it was new. I never look at dates! embarrasment

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 05:59 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Re: Constantine 2

Originally posted by roughrider
You got psyched over an article that's six years old?

I found something on wikipedia which was from 2011

Potential sequel

quote:
In a 2011 interview with MTV Splash Page director Francis Lawrence spoke of a potential sequel, saying: "It's interesting that over the years, 'Constantine' seems like it's become... like it has this sort of cult following, which has been great [...] It's been embraced [...] It would be great to figure out a sequel, and if we did, and we've been trying to figure one out, it would be great to do the really dark, scary [version] [...] We got caught in that weird PG-13 - R no man's land, and we should do the hard-R scary version, which I would love to do.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 01:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: Re: Constantine 2

Originally posted by Kazenji
I found something on wikipedia which was from 2011

Potential sequel

quote:
In a 2011 interview with MTV Splash Page director Francis Lawrence spoke of a potential sequel, saying: "It's interesting that over the years, 'Constantine' seems like it's become... like it has this sort of cult following, which has been great [...] It's been embraced [...] It would be great to figure out a sequel, and if we did, and we've been trying to figure one out, it would be great to do the really dark, scary [version] [...] We got caught in that weird PG-13 - R no man's land, and we should do the hard-R scary version, which I would love to do.

Yeah, in my research for this I saw the video in which he said that (can't remember where it was, though, and I'm at a different comp now). That's pretty sweet if it's got kind of a cult following.. so it ain't too unlikely.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 02:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope they do go the hard R way.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 02:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

On the plus side, Keanu gotten old enough they can dump him from the role, and reboot this with someone who's actually Blonde and British.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 04:43 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

You know if the script is right a Bill and Ted sequel can work considering at the end of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey they were older versions in the past. They met all the greatest people in time and learnt what they could and became rock messiahs.

If the film focuses on this you could have a cool movie but you need a good director, script writer and soundtrack.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 05:02 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Re: Constantine 2

http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/co...ed-coming-soon/

This is news to me. I'm pretty psyched. I actually rather like the first film. I don't really understand why they say they're going for an R rating this time, though, cuz the first was rated R. I guess they mean it's not going to hold back at all this time..? I think maybe they did aim for a PG-13 rating initially. And it's kind of weird, cuz I thought I remembered Keanu Reeves saying something to the effect of there not being enough interest in it to bother making a sequel. Cuz it wasn't a very big domestic success. *shrug* I hope it's directed well, though, cuz I think Francis Lawrence is a pretty talented director; he gave it a pretty slick feel.

I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will hate on Keanu for playing this part, but I thought he did well. Stupid stuff like him not being blonde just doesn't seem all that vital to me. I think he played the character quite well.

Hells yeah, more demons 'n shit..

big grin

it was an alright fine by my standards, entertaining; I think they could have used a better actress for the role of Rachel Weisz, she was to off for the role. Maybe a fresh face? what do you think? Its not that her acting is bad, its that she wasnt right for the role.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 08:59 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: Constantine 2

Originally posted by rudester
I think they could have used a better actress for the role of Rachel Weisz, she was to off for the role. Maybe a fresh face? what do you think? Its not that her acting is bad, its that she wasnt right for the role.

A fresh face is never a bad idea. But I thought she was good in the role. I didn't have a problem with her. She's attractive, but not overly so.. ya know? But she's got kind of a sincerity about her.. trustworthy. I like her. She's also really good in The Fountain, one of my favorite movies.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 04:47 PM
rudester
Tommy

Re: Re: Re: Constantine 2

A fresh face is never a bad idea. But I thought she was good in the role. I didn't have a problem with her. She's attractive, but not overly so.. ya know? But she's got kind of a sincerity about her.. trustworthy. I like her. She's also really good in The Fountain, one of my favorite movies.

Never seen it but will check it out.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 08:14 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

All the old threads for Constantine are locked. So resurrecting this one...

(Hell, I don't even remember there being much hope of a sequel...)

15 YEARS LATER, WE OWE CONSTANTINE AN APOLOGY

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 03:39 PM
Impediment
Endless

John wasn't even British, FFS.

Peter did great as Lucifer.

Overall, the movie was just "Meh".

Sooooo much more source material could have been used than Christian mythology.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:50 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Impediment

Peter did great as Lucifer.

Overall, the movie was just "Meh".

Sooooo much more source material could have been used than Christian mythology.

But Constantine in the comics is heavy in Christianity though?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 05:43 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Impediment

Superficial. Who cares.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 08:01 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by SquallX
But Constantine in the comics is heavy in Christianity though?

Not heavy, per se, but there’s an entire myriad of other deities and demons.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 08:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Superficial. Who cares.

Die hard fans of the comic book?

Would you be mad if Captain America had a British accent?

Respect the source material, I say.

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 16th, 2023 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 08:28 PM