KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Constantine 2

Constantine 2
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always enjoyed the movie.

Felt the tv show shouldn't have been cancelled either.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 09:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I always enjoyed the movie.

Felt the tv show shouldn't have been cancelled either.

I liked the movie too, though it was an alt reality John (which was addressed in a Constantine novel a few years later).

And the series was on the wrong station, given the subject matter.
While I loved that CW got the perfectly cast character for its shows, that version is also watered down by necessity. It’s new52/Rebirth John, not Vertigo John.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 02:26 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
I liked the movie too, though it was an alt reality John (which was addressed in a Constantine novel a few years later).

And the series was on the wrong station, given the subject matter.
While I loved that CW got the perfectly cast character for its shows, that version is also watered down by necessity. It’s new52/Rebirth John, not Vertigo John.

Well the original series was on NBC I think, but the CW got the same actor from that series. He also voiced the character in the Justice League Dark and Constantine City of Demons animated movies.

City of Demons is the latest movie and it has a brutal ending(not violent though) where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: John's friend Chaz has a daughter and she is cursed and by the end John does save her but the price is that the daughter and wife forget Chaz and that Chaz forgets John. So a very "f*ck you" ending that you'd expect for a Constantine story.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 27th, 2020 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 02:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Well the original series was on NBC I think, but the CW got the same actor from that series.

Yeah, it’s what I was getting at.
John was cast perfectly, but network TV was no place to do a series that fit way better on cable (or nowadays, some streaming service).
There was no way it was going to get as ****ed up as the Vertigo stories it was based on.
And CW John is awesome, but again, network TV will never give us a truly pure version, which i’m Ok w. really, as the version we ARE getting is still fun!

TBC I’m not going all kaz “it has to be R Rated to be good” here, just commenting on Keanu being an alt reality John, and CW John being more New52/Rebirth than Vertigo.
It’s never bothered me much to see differences in characters from print to live action; even as a kid I just figured they were from a different universe.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 07:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The TV show was like Harry Dresden, well cast, they even used some of the old stories in it. It worked better than Dresden to be honest. The mage in a trench coat is an excellent trope. Tbh, of all demon fighters from comic and film, Shandor is the one I would most like to see return.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 09:29 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I hope this is true. Peter Stormare says it's happening...

https://screenrant.com/constantine-...peter-stormare/

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 11:42 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^it would be nice.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 11:56 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Peter Stormare did the best portrayal of the devil in any movie. Hope he gets a bigger role in a sequel.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 12:05 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Peter Stormare did the best portrayal of the devil in any movie. Hope he gets a bigger role in a sequel.

I hope he doesn’t get a bigger role.
One of the reasons his portrayal was so good is it was quick. He came in, changed the game, and left. If he’d been shown hanging around, plotting to get that darn Constantine, it wouldn’t have been nearly as impactful.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 12:30 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Maybe. He just exuded a ridiculous level of power. Would be great to see it unleashed.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 01:01 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Maybe. He just exuded a ridiculous level of power. Would be great to see it unleashed.

Yeah he did, and yeah it would, but I’d still rather it be done quickly.
That’s just my personal opinion, and it might work just as well w. more screen time.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 09:46 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I hope this is true. Peter Stormare says it's happening...

https://screenrant.com/constantine-...peter-stormare/

An Americanized version of John Constantine played by Keanu Reeves is something I will never watch.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 12:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Regardless of Keanu not looking like how Constantine does in the comics, He still played the role good.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:04 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

True

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:30 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by roughrider
An Americanized version of John Constantine played by Keanu Reeves is something I will never watch.

First one's awesome. One of the most underrated comic book movies.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:35 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Regardless of Keanu not looking like how Constantine does in the comics, He still played the role [well].

Fixed. And I agree. I'll never understand why people complain about superficial differences when the film as a whole is pretty good.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:36 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

People are still butthurt over the first movie with him not being a blond hairted British.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 12:56 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Pretty psyched that this is happening.

Attachment: fb_img_1670015738488.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2022 10:16 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Kazenji
People are still butthurt over the first movie with him not being a blond hairted British.

As he should be.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2022 10:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Impediment
As he should be.

Regardless of the ****en change, Keanu still did a good job of it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 12:38 AM