KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Will pedophilia be rebranded as "intergenerational intimacy"?

Will pedophilia be rebranded as "intergenerational intimacy"?
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

None of those things are mutually exclusive.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 04:24 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
The problem is not whether or not a person can impregnate or be impregnated. The path you're taking is a slippery-slope path: cripples shouldn't have sex, eunichs shouldn't have sex, sterile people shouldn't have sex, some dwarves and little people shouldn't, and so forth.

What. I'm not sure how "pedophiles should be ostracized for the betterment of society" translates to "that one-legged hobo down the street shouldn't have sex."
Originally posted by King Kandy
In ancient Greece, homosexuality was considered normal in noble circles. In the 1950s, it was considered a mental disorder. Therefore, I would say your "we are constantly getting more tolerant of sexualities; its a slippery slope" may not in fact be a historically real trend.

Greek society was morally degenerate.
Originally posted by inimalist
can you elaborate on your point? you are saying despite their current, historical and consistently stated position on CSA, the APA actually promotes pedophilia, though they did everything in their power to distance themselves from Rind et al's paper and provided ample opportunity for people to critisize it within their journals?

despite never making a statement even remotely similar to those of Rind et al's, and in fact criticizing their findings, motivations and methodologies, the APA actually support Rind et al's position?

It is sort of unclear and I am ever so slow sometimes... is that actually what you are saying?

What I'm saying is that they probably only distanced themselves due to public outrage, and I guarantee they will endorse pedophilia as normal and healthy within a few generations. Assuming we don't have a massive, well-deserved collapse and retreat into smaller communities that don't put up with progressive horseshit.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 09:17 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
I guarantee they will endorse pedophilia as normal and healthy within a few generations

I'll take that bet

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 06:37 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

And on that day that they do, a legion of conservatives, abortion bombers, white supremacists, jew and gay haters, football coaches, and catholic priests will finally be free to go about their bidness.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 07:24 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Greek society was morally degenerate.

Degenerated from what? And anyway, that is hardly my point; you act like "well, traditionally, homosexuality is not tolerated; that is, until those liberals interfered and made it commonplace". My point is that, no, there was no "historic tradition of heterosexuality" opposed to modern styles; acceptance of homosexuality has waxed and waned in a variety of cultures in a variety of times.

Last edited by King Kandy on Jan 7th, 2012 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 08:19 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Degenerated from what? And anyway, that is hardly my point; you act like "well, traditionally, homosexuality is not tolerated; that is, until those liberals interfered and made it commonplace". My point is that, no, there was no "historic tradition of heterosexuality" opposed to modern styles; acceptance of homosexuality has waxed and waned in a variety of cultures in a variety of times.

No country for oldbigoted men.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 02:42 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Yes, all in failed cultures of decadence and hedonism.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:23 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

You do realize that the popular perception of hedonism was more or less invented as a strawman by the opponents of the original movement, right?

Actually no, I'm quite sure you don't realize that.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:52 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

But 1950s America is also a failed, bygone culture.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 04:02 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Other than the lingering racism and sexism, it was literally the most successful decade in America's history (or in the history of the world as far as scientific, economic, and "happiness index" progression is concerned). It was the exact opposite of a failure. It is bygone culture, for sure.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 04:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Other than the lingering racism and sexism, it was literally the most successful decade in America's history (or in the history of the world as far as scientific, economic, and "happiness index" progression is concerned). It was the exact opposite of a failure. It is bygone culture, for sure.

Unless you want to reinstate the racism, sexism, culture of fear, and extensive poverty in an ideal society those would all make it failures. It didn't work and society moved on as a result.

Economically and scientifically it was a boom time, to be sure (the polio vaccine alone changed everyone's lives for the better) but peaks in other areas don't mean that the culture around them is also doing well.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 04:54 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
failed

Hahaha.
quote:
bygone

Only because of people like you.
quote:
You do realize that the popular perception of hedonism was more or less invented as a strawman by the opponents of the original movement, right?

Older men ****ing younger boys: not hedonism in the progressive world.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 05:28 AM
King Kandy

Yeah yeah, and Greece had Aristotle. If the measure of success is their ability to stick around, Hellenistic philosophy has had a lot more staying power than the kind of attitude Zeal touts as traditional.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 05:30 AM
Omega Vision

Hahaha.

Only because of people like you.

Older men ****ing younger boys: not hedonism in the progressive world.

Pederasty and hedonism aren't the same.

Now obviously some hedonists were pederasts, but not all of them.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 05:46 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

When the entire society is filled with pederasts, I think it's safe to say the society is hedonistic.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 05:50 AM
dadudemon

If the measure of success is their ability to stick around...

That's only one measure.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 06:14 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Economically and scientifically it was a boom time, to be sure (the polio vaccine alone changed everyone's lives for the better) but peaks in other areas don't mean that the culture around them is also doing well.

This is closer to my point and addresses why I think it was such a successful decade. Many more things occurred in the 50s that make it awesome...and it laid the most groundwork for the biggest positive social changes in America (the 60s).

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 06:16 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

The '60s gave rise to the liberal Boomers who have consistently voted to shit up America ever since they were born. The '60s were a decade that can go **** itself.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 02:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Will pedophilia be rebranded as "intergenerational intimacy"?

In ancient Greece, homosexuality was considered normal in noble circles. In the 1950s, it was considered a mental disorder. Therefore, I would say your "we are constantly getting more tolerant of sexualities; its a slippery slope" may not in fact be a historically real trend.

Wasn't pedophilia also considered normal in noble circles however?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 02:52 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

hedonistic

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:18 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote