KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Obama Seeks Power to Organize Federal Govt

Obama Seeks Power to Organize Federal Govt
Started by: Symmetric Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Hahaha. Four whole months. You're hella whack, bra.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 04:51 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Hahaha. Four whole months. You're hella whack, bra.

"Here, though, we're rating Obama's promise to remove combat troops within 16 months of taking office. Technically, he's a few months over the deadline, but he often said 'about 16 months' on the campaign trail."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 04:54 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Sounds like a kept promise to me.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:01 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Are there combat troops still in Iraq, by the military definition?

No, the last of them left in Late December.

Campaign promise of "about 16 months" kept?

No.

He failed to maintain his campaign promise.

Why? Because the last of the combat troops did not leave until late december of 2011.

When did Obama take office?

January 20, 2009.

What would be 16 months after January 20, 2009?

May 20, 2010.

Even if we give him 3 extra months, just for kicks (because he did say about about 16 months), he still did not keep his promise.

If a project manager repeatedly gave an estimated project completion of about 16 months and blew the deadline by 7 months, he or she would be fired or removed from subsequent projects.

How about another way?

If you promise your "left-wing" supporters a left-wingish campaign promise but fail to make the dead line more than half a year later, you blew it. If you promised to pay back a loan and failed to do so by about half a year, you blew it. No matter how it is cut up, Obama failed to keep the promise from the campaign.

Political fact check should give Obama a "mostly failed" score, instead of a "all the way kept" rating. I think their score is a bit bias.

They are going by a subsequent promise he made AFTER the campaign promise which was not what I was referring to.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 16th, 2012 at 05:33 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:30 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:33 AM
dadudemon

Trololololololololololololol!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:36 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Robtard
All politicians make promises during their campaign; some they fill, some they don't.

Withdrawing all the troops out of Iraq is one promise he's fulfilled. As an example.

Not when he tried extending it.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 04:17 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silverman34

All politicians make promises during their campaign; some they fill, some they don't.

Withdrawing all the troops out of Iraq is one promise he's fulfilled. As an example.

Not really though. He pulled them out at the same deadline that President Bush had set. They should've been pulled out much sooner. And we are still in Afghanistan.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 08:57 PM
silverman34 is currently offline Click here to Send silverman34 a Private Message Find more posts by silverman34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So people are crying cos he wasn't able to do it in some exact and unrealistic time-line? LoL, whiners. There's plenty of ammo to point the boo-on-you finger at Obama, this is scraping though.

I don't recall promises for Afghanistan and I am not so concerned that we're there, as that's the place America should have solely focused on after 9/11, not the BS was in Iraq so a bunch of people could make money.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 17th, 2012 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 05:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

So people are crying cos he wasn't able to do it in some exact and unrealistic time-line? LoL, whiners.

No. People are replying to people like you giving obama credit for taking troops out of iraq recently despite him attempting to extend it.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:28 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

ie reaching for something to whine about. They're out of Iraq, no it didn't happen in some exact time-line. Boo-hoo.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

More like making a correction to something false

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:30 PM
tsilamini

except that it was an agreement initially penned between the Bush gvt and the Iraqis, which Obama argued against.

Its more like, coincidentally something Obama said he would do happened in spite of Obama's best efforts.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 07:44 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

So people are crying cos he wasn't able to do it in some exact and unrealistic time-line? LoL, whiners.

You not only insulted me but you deliberately lied about what I had said (water under the bridge: IDGAF). What I said is on this very same page a few pages up. Just because you did not name a person, specifically, does not mean you did not direct your comments at a specific person.

"...

January 20, 2009.

May 20, 2010.

Campaign promise of 'about 16 months' kept?

No.

Even if we give him 3 extra months, just for kicks (because he did say about about 16 months), he still did not keep his promise."

I did not just apply it to an exact date, I gave multiple months of leeway after outlining the exact dates to illustrate that he never met that, either. And the withdrawal timeline was not unrealistic. In fact, it could have been done sooner. no expression We could have been done back in 2007, if we wanted to be. no expression We should not have been there in that capacity to begin with.

If you're going to throw around insults and make condescending posts, at least make sure you are right about it first. smile

There's plenty of ammo to point the boo-on-you finger at Obama, this is scraping though.

And for the left-wingers, our imperialistic foreign-land occupations were near the top of the list agenda back in 2008. "Bring our troops home!!! RAWR!" Or are you forgetting the protesters that protested for years at various state capitols and in DC?

There's a very real reason Obama made such a campaign promise: it was to directly satisfy one of the biggest complains from the left: his primary voting demographic.

Failing to keep that campaign promise, even if we give him several months of lee-way, is still failing to keep that promise.

Regardless, the request was bring ALL troops home. If you remember, Obama said that that was one of the things he was going to do if he took office. But remember he changed his tune, apologized, and then talked about how impractical that was? I do. I remember that. If I REALLY wanted to be an *sshole, I could complain about that instead of the official presidential platform he ran on.

I don't recall promises for Afghanistan and I am not so concerned that we're there, as that's the place America should have solely focused on after 9/11, not the BS was in Iraq so a bunch of people could make money.

He did make promises for Afghanistan. He promised to shift focus from Iraq to Afghanistan in at least 2 debates he had with McCain.

Additionally, it is ignorance to think that Iraq had nothing to do with US-targeted terrorism. Whether they were supported by the Baath Party and Hussein or independent terror cells, it does not matter. The fact that Iraq housed or allowed terror-related activities pre-2003 does indicate that the US should have had some sort of interest in Iraq. This runs external of Operation Iraqi-Freedom, by the way - I do not think we should have ever done that.

ie reaching for something to whine about. They're out of Iraq, no it didn't happen in some exact time-line. Boo-hoo.

This:

Originally posted by Mairuzu
More like making a correction to something false

The left is saying Obama succeeded when he did not succeed in keeping his campaign promise. He missed his deadline by almost exactly 7 months. You (Robtard) say "boohoo" and I say, "tell that to the parents, siblings, children, spouses, lovers, and friends of the people who didn't make it home because they had to stay in the shit 7 extra months."

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 17th, 2012 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 08:10 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

You're such a jerk robtard! lol

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 08:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
You not only insulted me but you deliberately lied about what I had said (water under the bridge: IDGAF). What I said is on this very same page a few pages up. Just because you did not name a person, specifically, does not mean you did not direct your comments at a specific person.

"...

January 20, 2009.

May 20, 2010.

Campaign promise of 'about 16 months' kept?

No.

Even if we give him 3 extra months, just for kicks (because he did say about about 16 months), he still did not keep his promise."

I did not just apply it to an exact date, I gave multiple months of leeway after outlining the exact dates to illustrate that he never met that, either. And the withdrawal timeline was not unrealistic. In fact, it could have been done sooner. no expression We could have been done back in 2007, if we wanted to be. no expression We should not have been there in that capacity to begin with.

If you're going to throw around insults and make condescending posts, at least make sure you are right about it first. smile

And for the left-wingers, our imperialistic foreign-land occupations were near the top of the list agenda back in 2008. "Bring our troops home!!! RAWR!" Or are you forgetting the protesters that protested for years at various state capitols and in DC?

There's a very real reason Obama made such a campaign promise: it was to directly satisfy one of the biggest complains from the left: his primary voting demographic.

Failing to keep that campaign promise, even if we give him several months of lee-way, is still failing to keep that promise.

Regardless, the request was bring ALL troops home. If you remember, Obama said that that was one of the things he was going to do if he took office. But remember he changed his tune, apologized, and then talked about how impractical that was? I do. I remember that. If I REALLY wanted to be an *sshole, I could complain about that instead of the official presidential platform he ran on.

He did make promises for Afghanistan. He promised to shift focus from Iraq to Afghanistan in at least 2 debates he had with McCain.

Additionally, it is ignorance to think that Iraq had nothing to do with US-targeted terrorism. Whether they were supported by the Baath Party and Hussein or independent terror cells, it does not matter. The fact that Iraq housed or allowed terror-related activities pre-2003 does indicate that the US should have had some sort of interest in Iraq. This runs external of Operation Iraqi-Freedom, by the way - I do not think we should have ever done that.

This:

The left is saying Obama succeeded when he did not succeed in keeping his campaign promise. He missed his deadline by almost exactly 7 months. You (Robtard) say "boohoo" and I say, "tell that to the parents, siblings, children, spouses, lovers, and friends of the people who didn't make it home because they had to stay in the shit 7 extra months."

TL;DR

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 09:23 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by inimalist
except that it was an agreement initially penned between the Bush gvt and the Iraqis, which Obama argued against.

Its more like, coincidentally something Obama said he would do happened in spite of Obama's best efforts.

"Sire--over what do you rule?"

"Over everything," said the king, with magnificent simplicity.

"Over everything?"

The king made a gesture, which took in his planet, the other planets, and all the stars.

"Over all that?" asked the little prince.

"Over all that," the king answered.

For his rule was not only absolute: it was also universal.

"And the stars obey you?"

"Certainly they do," the king said. "They obey instantly. I do not permit insubordination."

Such power was a thing for the little prince to marvel at. If he had been master of such complete authority, he would have been able to watch the sunset, not forty-four times in one day, but seventy-two, or even a hundred, or even two hundred times, without ever having to move his chair. And because he felt a bit sad as he remembered his little planet which he had forsaken, he plucked up his courage to ask the king a favor:

"I should like to see a sunset . . . Do me that kindness . . . Order the sun to set . . ."

"If I ordered a general to fly from one flower to another like a butterfly, or to write a tragic drama, or to change himself into a sea bird, and if the general did not carry out the order that he had received, which one of us would be in the wrong?" the king demanded. "The general, or myself?"

"You," said the little prince firmly.

"Exactly. One must require from each one the duty which each one can perform," the king went on. "Accepted authority rests first of all on reason. If you ordered your people to go and throw themselves into the sea, they would rise up in revolution. I have the right to require obedience because my orders are reasonable."

"Then my sunset?" the little prince reminded him: for he never forgot a question once he had asked it.

"You shall have your sunset. I shall command it. But, according to my science of government, I shall wait until conditions are favorable."

"When will that be?" inquired the little prince.

"Hum! Hum!" replied the king; and before saying anything else he consulted a bulky almanac. "Hum! Hum! That will be about--about--that will be this evening about twenty minutes to eight. And you will see how well I am obeyed!"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 09:36 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I can see it

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 10:06 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Bardock42
"Sire--over what do you rule?"

"Over everything," said the king, with magnificent simplicity.

"Over everything?"

The king made a gesture, which took in his planet, the other planets, and all the stars.

"Over all that?" asked the little prince.

"Over all that," the king answered.

For his rule was not only absolute: it was also universal.

"And the stars obey you?"

"Certainly they do," the king said. "They obey instantly. I do not permit insubordination."

Such power was a thing for the little prince to marvel at. If he had been master of such complete authority, he would have been able to watch the sunset, not forty-four times in one day, but seventy-two, or even a hundred, or even two hundred times, without ever having to move his chair. And because he felt a bit sad as he remembered his little planet which he had forsaken, he plucked up his courage to ask the king a favor:

"I should like to see a sunset . . . Do me that kindness . . . Order the sun to set . . ."

"If I ordered a general to fly from one flower to another like a butterfly, or to write a tragic drama, or to change himself into a sea bird, and if the general did not carry out the order that he had received, which one of us would be in the wrong?" the king demanded. "The general, or myself?"

"You," said the little prince firmly.

"Exactly. One must require from each one the duty which each one can perform," the king went on. "Accepted authority rests first of all on reason. If you ordered your people to go and throw themselves into the sea, they would rise up in revolution. I have the right to require obedience because my orders are reasonable."

"Then my sunset?" the little prince reminded him: for he never forgot a question once he had asked it.

"You shall have your sunset. I shall command it. But, according to my science of government, I shall wait until conditions are favorable."

"When will that be?" inquired the little prince.

"Hum! Hum!" replied the king; and before saying anything else he consulted a bulky almanac. "Hum! Hum! That will be about--about--that will be this evening about twenty minutes to eight. And you will see how well I am obeyed!"

It'd be like that, but also we find out that the king did everything he could to prevent the sunset at the same time...

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 11:02 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

quote:
Originally posted by Deja-vu

I say kick them ALL out and start from scratch again without any Republicans or Democrates. Start fresh with some new ideas. REFORM the whole government. Restructure it all.

We do not need new ideas and reform; we just need our elected representatives to enforce the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. That's it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 11:18 PM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote