KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

Shulk is officially revealed (which I figured was going to happen soon):

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 05:46 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Is that Dr. Eggman at the end of the video?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 05:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No, it's some big baddie from Xenoblade where Shulk is from. Deja vu since Ridley was kinda teased the same way with a shadow and all, ignoring the voice.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 03:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

It seems that Nintendo is content to act like the leak never happened. Which admittedly will keep the hype train running but the leak did slow it down.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 05:02 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Smash bros is all I ever see on Kotaku.

Damn it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 05:03 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Smash bros is all I ever see on Kotaku.

Damn it.

Get on the dam train.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 06:06 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
It seems that Nintendo is content to act like the leak never happened. Which admittedly will keep the hype train running but the leak did slow it down.

Actually at Pax (one of the events showing new content/reveals for Smash earlier), there was an embargo, so no one outside those that were there/attended will be able to know what went on. Basically like what happened when they were advertising or hyping up the new Doom/Doom 4.

In other words, some other character besides Shulk likely got revealed behind closed doors, which no doubt was done because of the earlier leak that ruined everything.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 06:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

ANNNNNNNNND Sakurai is forgiven for Lucina.

Like I said before, I'd been wanting Shulk in the game more and more as time went on. Xenoblade was an instant classic and the Monado was a crazy cool weapon. Shulk comes off a bit straightforward, but then the mechanics of his buff/debuff system is the niftiest thing since Palutena and Mii Fighter's move customization options. Not to mention, Shulk, Dunban, and Riki was practically my most used party in Xenoblade.

As far as the other supposed clones, I hear some people believe that Dark Pit's moveset will actually revolve more around the "Dark Pit Staff" he has in Uprising--which I've never played--so hopefully he'll turn out to be a nice surprise. Also, I actually don't entirely mind Ganondorf's moveset still being the semi-clone (that's another thing, I don't mind semi-clones in the games) of Falcon--at least he looks like he's a bit faster than he was in Brawl, going from that Shulk fight leak.

At this point, my favorite new additions have to be Little Mac, Rosalina, Palutena (again, never played Uprising, but she's absolutely hilarious and looks innovative), Mii Fighters, and Shulk. That, and if Duck Hunt Dog is to be believed, I find it pretty hilarious (I'm also one of those types who loved the hell out of playing as R.O.B. in Brawl--suffice to say he made me a believer in obscure retro characters).

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 11:15 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well I'm glad you're more satisfied now, but if they bring back Dr. Mario (whose already as good as confirmed like Dark Pit) and not Mewtwo, then not all will be forgiven; at least for me. Bowser Jr looks neat though at least, even if mostly because he (for the most part) has the kind of playable concepts I would've wanted K. Rool to have.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 01:32 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

The time between character confirmations is too dam high!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:18 AM
ares834

Ridley, Mewtwo, or K Rool are not playable a bunch of characters such as Wolf and Ice Climbers were cut and Ganondorf is still a clone but Palutena has 12 unique specials... WTF! Hope this is Sakurai's last SSB game.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:21 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

The time between character confirmations is too dam high!

People have the game. The leak was true just look up the rosters

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:26 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by ares834
Ridley, Mewtwo, or K Rool are not playable

I seem to be the only one happy about this.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:27 PM
ares834

You're happy that characters aren't in the game?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:28 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
People have the game. The leak was true just look up the rosters

Oh hi Sherlock I see you don't have any shit.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:29 PM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

You're happy that characters aren't in the game?

King K Rool was never cool. No one likes him. Stop wanting him. You just want him because you need something to ***** about.

Ridley was in the last game as a boss which fits his 'type' of character more effectively than a playable character.

Mewtwo was under tiered and disappointing.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:32 PM
ares834

1. I don't want him. Doesn't change the fact that DK is severely underepped and K Rool should be in.

2. They managed to make Bowser and Charizard work I really don't see how they couldn't get Ridley to work. Also, as the major antagonist from Metroid, he deserves to be in as well.

3. lol, that has to be one of the worst arguments for excluding a character I have ever seen. Guess Link shouldn't be in these games either considering he was awful in 64.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:38 PM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

1. I don't want him. Doesn't change the fact that DK is severely underepped and K Rool should be in.

2. They managed to make Bowser and Charizard work I really don't see how they couldn't get Ridley to work. Also, as the major antagonist from Metroid, he deserves to be in as well.

3. lol, that has to be one of the worst arguments for excluding a character I have ever seen. Guess Link shouldn't be in these games either considering he was awful in 64.

I don't know... Link may have been lowest tier but generally the characters were close enough in skill that you could barely tell. Except for Kirby and Fox.

DK needs only one rep... DK Donkey KONG! And Diddy...

They could make Ridley playable all right. They'd have to minimize him and if you played Metroid you'd notice he's ****ing HUGE. Was Bowser and Charizard not enough for you?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:47 PM
ares834

Link was hands down the worst character in the series in the 64 version. He wasn't merely in the lowest tier, he was borderline unplayable.

Yes, Ridley is big but that excuse is horrible. Just make him smaller just like they made Olimar bigger. Easy. Shit, in the opening for Melee Ridley was only the size of Samus.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They could make Ridley playable all right. They'd have to minimize him and if you played Metroid you'd notice he's ****ing HUGE. Was Bowser and Charizard not enough for you?

Straw grasping much?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:58 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote