KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Fox having Wolf's blaster and side special in custom moves. Whyyyyyyyyy!

(please log in to view the image)

Can't let you do that Star Fox.
Makes me wonder even more why they didn't just put in Dr. Mario's pills and such as some of Mario's custom moves instead of the Doc taking another spot on the roster. Some clones just have more priority than other ones I guess. erm

Mario Bias.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 01:05 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Where did you even hear custom movesets can't be used online anyway? What's the point of them existing then? Makes no sense.

I am getting really tired of these clones myself. Why is Zelda the only character to take up two slots with two completely different movesets while everyone else has the same damn one? In her princess attire, she's a spell caster hurling fireballs and shooting light arrows but when she takes the persona of Sheik, she's a friggin ninja. That's awesome and I forgive her. Can't say the same for Mario, Link and the others however. The only difference between them and their rogue alternates are their appearance.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 01:31 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Makes me wonder even more why they didn't just put in Dr. Mario's pills and such as some of Mario's custom moves instead of the Doc taking another spot on the roster. Some clones just have more priority than other ones I guess. erm

Yeah, Wolf being cut sucks. They should have axed Falco instead simpl,y because Wolf was far more unique.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 05:48 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Where did you even hear custom movesets can't be used online anyway? What's the point of them existing then? Makes no sense.

I am getting really tired of these clones myself. Why is Zelda the only character to take up two slots with two completely different movesets while everyone else has the same damn one? In her princess attire, she's a spell caster hurling fireballs and shooting light arrows but when she takes the persona of Sheik, she's a friggin ninja. That's awesome and I forgive her. Can't say the same for Mario, Link and the others however. The only difference between them and their rogue alternates are their appearance.

I forgot where I heard it now exactly; it's been awhile, but if Mii's can't be used online, I don't see why they would be able to. For balancing reasons it'd make sense, depending on how OP you're able to make someone become through custom moves.

Samus takes up two slots with entirely different movesets too, not just Zelda. And clones generally tend to at least have different speed, jumping ability, strength, or something than the originals they were based on. Feel the same way about 'em too though, with the exception of semi-clones like Luigi.

Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, Wolf being cut sucks. They should have axed Falco instead simpl,y because Wolf was far more unique.

Agreed, but I guess Falco stayed since he had more seniority as a veteran character; uniqueness be damned. The thing about Fox having some of Wolf's specials as custom moves though is it kills pretty much any possibility of Wolf returning as DLC in my eyes, sadly.

edit: Oh hey, Iwe're famous apparently.

http://kotaku.com/why-smash-bros-pl...dley-1635048910

The dream will never die I reckon. Not with this game, not with the next one... but until he gets in one day.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Sep 16th, 2014 at 07:30 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 07:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I got the demo for 3DS. Link has a new dash attack by default, the ****ing JUMP ATTACK, and it's good.

Also his shield can block while he walks now, and it blocks Mega Man's aaa combo and side smash. (MY ****ING SIDES WHEN THIS HAPPENED PLAYING AGAINST MY BROTHER)

His first side smash has a tipper hit box that kills kind of like Marth's, but if you miss it, it has no power so you can hit with the second, which also kills.

Link might actually be... Good. no expression

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 05:04 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'm contemplating whether or not to actually get this for the 3DS. I was originally considering simply waiting for Wii U release because that's what I set myself up for all along. I'm kinda wondering how to go about it now.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 05:53 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I was doing the same, but now that I've played the demo I'm like.

"Well, okay, Nintendo, well played."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 07:17 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Sacred 117
I'm contemplating whether or not to actually get this for the 3DS. I was originally considering simply waiting for Wii U release because that's what I set myself up for all along. I'm kinda wondering how to go about it now.

Same here kinda. Like I know I'm gonna be getting the 3DS version as early as possible, but the Wii U one I'm still unsure on when I'm gonna get it, if I do. (the price of both versions together is like $100 right?) Guess it depends on all of what kind of new content there is on the Wii U version, for me to maintain enough interest in SSB4 by the time it comes out so as to buy it. Although impressive, the prettier graphics ain't enough for me to shell out $60 on a game I'll already have in early October. It's nothing against Smash, but very rarely do I get two versions of the same game on different platforms.

The buffs Link appears to have... Well that's a first. Well played indeed.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Sep 16th, 2014 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 07:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, this goes without saying but custom moves aside, I hope Ganondorf gets some approx equally nice buffs as well; otherwise Ganon vs Link matches might be more unfair for me compared to Brawl, given that I'm playing against someone around equally skilled. D:

Besides Ganon, my other Brawl mains were cut like Mewtwo before them (dat Project M, though), so I guess that'll leave me with Rosalina and.. not entirely sure who else yet. At least with Charizard's purple alt colors I can somewhat pretend that I'm using Ridley, so maybe him as well. Roster's a mixed bag for me, but I suppose it's still manageable.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 09:50 PM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

I dominated Brawl online (however crap it was) with low tier Link... If Link gets buffer I'll be dammed near unstoppable.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 11:21 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Oh yeah, this goes without saying but custom moves aside, I hope Ganondorf gets some approx equally nice buffs as well; otherwise Ganon vs Link matches might be more unfair for me compared to Brawl, given that I'm playing against someone around equally skilled. D:

Besides Ganon, my other Brawl mains were cut like Mewtwo before them (dat Project M, though), so I guess that'll leave me with Rosalina and.. not entirely sure who else yet. At least with Charizard's purple alt colors I can somewhat pretend that I'm using Ridley, so maybe him as well. Roster's a mixed bag for me, but I suppose it's still manageable.
There are only three other characters for me to compare Link to in the demo, but he doesn't feel like he gets shut down by any of them the way he does by a large portion of the cast in Brawl. Though his priority is still weirdly low, but c'est la vie.

Mega Man is fun as ****, his spammy, mobile move set is just so irksome to abuse, lol. I'm hoping Ganon's equivalently cool, because I always main those two, and pick up one or two secondaries. Excited to try out Palutena.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 01:07 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'm eager to see what Fox's customs are like, as well as how he performs in general (but not too soon *hint, hint*).

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 01:22 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

(but not too soon *hint, hint*).

I get it. I think.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 01:36 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I got the demo for 3DS. Link has a new dash attack by default, the ****ing JUMP ATTACK, and it's good.

Also his shield can block while he walks now, and it blocks Mega Man's aaa combo and side smash. (MY ****ING SIDES WHEN THIS HAPPENED PLAYING AGAINST MY BROTHER)

His first side smash has a tipper hit box that kills kind of like Marth's, but if you miss it, it has no power so you can hit with the second, which also kills.

Link might actually be... Good. no expression
F*ck yes! Link is my main, has been since SB1 and I was already a monster with him. The buffs will make him awesome. I'm in.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 01:49 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
I get it. I think.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "No spoilers, please." *LolIrony*

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 02:18 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Arachnid1
F*ck yes! Link is my main, has been since SB1 and I was already a monster with him. The buffs will make him awesome. I'm in.
Of the four characters in the demo, Link's the one I've played most, he has some neat new toys, mostly his new Dash and smash attacks, but he can ledgehop his clawshot to get onto stage pretty easily, notable doesn't work against Mega Man. Over all he hasn't changed a great deal, but I'm hoping he's better than he was once the full roster is available, lol.

Mega Man and the Villager both feel very strong.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 02:45 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I dominated Brawl online (however crap it was) with low tier Link... If Link gets buffer I'll be dammed near unstoppable.

Plenty others I know did the same. xD With a clan I was in at the time, fighting some decent Links was something I sorta had to do on a regular basis.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
There are only three other characters for me to compare Link to in the demo, but he doesn't feel like he gets shut down by any of them the way he does by a large portion of the cast in Brawl. Though his priority is still weirdly low, but c'est la vie.

Mega Man is fun as ****, his spammy, mobile move set is just so irksome to abuse, lol. I'm hoping Ganon's equivalently cool, because I always main those two, and pick up one or two secondaries. Excited to try out Palutena.

Hm, I see. Based on that then the game already sounds considerably more promising far as balancing goes. Most of the regulars will have their ups and down far as changes I reckon, like Samus's charge beam is buffed a good deal (in both speed and power), but the missiles (from what I understand) are slower and can even be destroyed before they reach the target just by being whacked at.

Figured Megaman would be spammy. >.> Ganon I've heard mixed things on from those who got to try him out early, so dunno how to feel about him yet. That's cool to hear that you main both him and Link though. Not sure who I'm looking forward more to between Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog myself; both seem about equally enticing and wacky in terms of playstyles.

I'm eager to see what Fox's customs are like, as well as how he performs in general (but not too soon *hint, hint*).

Aside from the ones stolen from Wolf, I'm actually curious as to how Fox's customs are like as well, come to think of it, and how they differ from say Falco's.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 08:23 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

I know what happened to Ridley...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:50 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, saw that the other day. Pretty funny, and I liked his Donkey Kong expression toward the end.

So, I'm guessing this is Sakurai's excuse for not bringing Mewtwo back?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=237943

Trouble ripping stuff from Melee? Didn't stop him from bringing back certain stages from that game or Dr. Mario (and I thought every character was being made from scratch), not to mention some of it contradicts other things he's said, besides other contradictions made before like him first saying the 3DS wouldn't hold the game back, and then it later being the reason for cutting Ice Climbers. Confirmed for being terrible at making excuses.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 11:10 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I know it's a bit late, but about this...

Fanfiction concept: In the last struggle to save the Smash multiverse, all of the Smash Bros., friends, enemies, brothers, and rivals alike, banded together in a collective effort to avert this great threat to all. Naturally, this meant that Fox and Wolf had joined arms once again, but this time, unlike before, Wolf had actually given his life during the battle. However, his sacrifice would not live and die in transient memory, in memoriam of his adversary turned ally, Fox, during the years between then and now, had respectfully learned from his lifelong adversary, who in the end was his friend.

F**k, I don't know. I'm just kinda half-ass spitballing here.

I know what happened to Ridley...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 11:30 PM