KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Ubisoft hates Nintendo? Why?

At least the Rayman trophy is still in the game...I think.

I don't have a conclusive reason for it, but after Zombie U 2 was cancelled and Rayman lost its exclusivity the CEO of Ubisoft said that they wouldn't publish more "mature games" on the Wii U after Watchdogs (which they didn't want to finish publishing until they realized too much money was already put into the project). That's an indirect way to say "f_ck you Nintendo".

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 11:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Bentley
I don't have a conclusive reason for it, but after Zombie U 2 was cancelled and Rayman lost its exclusivity the CEO of Ubisoft said that they wouldn't publish more "mature games" on the Wii U after Watchdogs (which they didn't want to finish publishing until they realized too much money was already put into the project). That's an indirect way to say "f_ck you Nintendo".

Not to mention they won't be giving the Wii U version of WD any DLC that came out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-bad-blood-dlc

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:41 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Nemesis X
(please log in to view the image)

F**king glorious!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 01:07 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I always like fighting in space in the Star Fox stages.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 04:50 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Not to mention they won't be giving the Wii U version of WD any DLC that came out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-bad-blood-dlc

Yep, they also went chicken about it:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubis...nt-459955.shtml

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 05:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Cyner
I have some hope for Ice Climbers though. Their exclusion from the 3DS version was apparently linked to a problem with the tech not being able to handle it. Maybe in the Wii U version they'll make a return. Hopefully.

I dunno, Sakurai seems to have been pretty adamant so far about emphasizing the Wii U and 3DS versions having the exact same roster, so if the IC's don't work on one, then they won't be on either, even if they worked fine on the Wii U. Have to wonder why he's deadset on keeping the rosters of both version the same like that though; I mean it'd make sense if it was so you could play against someone using the Wii U version with your 3DS online, but why else?

In any case, he might see the case of removing IC's from both versions since they don't work on one as fairness, but I kinda see it as alienation. But to be honest, IC's were one of the characters I used the least anyway (in both Melee and Brawl) and sure as hell won't miss their annoying chaingrabs, but I'm still disappointed that they had the audacity to remove them completely because of the 3DS when they've been around in the series for this long.

Aye... From what I understand too or had been hearing, Konami had become more dissonant from Nintendo recently as well, which could explain Snake not returning.

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I always like fighting in space in the Star Fox stages.

Same here, not that it'll be the same now without Wolf. As him I always loved activating the little codec conversation with his team when playing on the Lylat Cruise. I guess he could always be part of one of those codecs though with that said, but that'll just be rubbing more salt on the wound for his fans.

Anyway, definitely like the look of this new Orbital Gate stage and how Star Fox Assault's still getting more love here. The game was also made by Namco, so I guess it fits.

Yep, they also went chicken about it:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubis...nt-459955.shtml

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 08:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With all the talk people had here over their experience with the demo, I'm surprised no one's been talking about their experiences with the game itself so far, or am I one of the only ones here who managed to get it day 1 on Friday? >.>

The characters I was looking forward to using the most like Rosalina definitely met my expectations far as me loving their playstyles. Some whose inclusions I had been indifferent to prior like Palutena I also enjoy using more than I thought I would, as I was okay-ish with 'em first time through on classic mode. Some others like Greninja though I didn't enjoy using as much as I thought or was disappointed with the creativity or lack thereof with some of their movesets, but it is what it is..

Finished unlocking everyone yesterday and I think all but one of the stages or so, but man, Master Core is one of the most sickly awesome yet frustratingly designed bosses I've seen in a long time. I love fighting it though, with how it moves, rocks, or tilts the Final Destination stage, its design, and everything. Compared to Tabuu who was pretty meh, this is what we should've had as a final boss in the last game, if anything.

The random challenges certainly give the game more replayability than simply just hunting for all the character trophies, and Smash Run is alright I guess, though found it to be redundant kinda quickly compared to most of the other modes, but some of the best rewards for customizeables are to be had from grinding it.

Kind of annoyed that it's gone, but I noticed they didn't seem to include the options where you can control the frequency of how often or how little items will appear. You can still turn on or off which items you want though, but that's it basically. WTH?

Anyway, yeah. The game's sort of a mixed bag for me as expected, but still pretty solid and worth the experience. Already like it better than Brawl, ignoring some of cooler characters from that game that were cut in this one.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 09:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

First time I fought Master Core I was so confused... lol

Anyway, I'm loving Bowser and Bowser Jr./ Koopalings. Haven't done any customization yet and have very little inclination to do so but we will see. The biggest problem is the controls. They are absolutely awful.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 09:26 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, the controls took me longer to get used to than any other Smash thus far, though kinda goes without saying. My main problem initially was that I had changed to the habit before of pressing X or Y to jump instead of up on the joystick, so I confused myself a lot when trying to do that upon recovering, which I stopped doing now, but meh. Other than that I just changed the controls to where I could press R to grab someone instead of L, as it felt more natural to me that way layout-wise.

Wasn't really feeling inclined to do much (if any) customization either initially, but I guess it may be necessary to have an easier time with some of the single player modes. Of course, Palutena's would be most of the only ones you have available from the get-go, while the others you have to unlock first. >_>

Far as veteran characters, I do like some of the buffs they seem to have given to Ganondorf, like with his up special and the forward tilt. Charizard and Zero Suit Samus also feel better to play with than before, though they seem to have made the latter's dash attack obscenely more powerful, or maybe that's just me. lol

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 09:52 PM
ares834

And the online is embarrassingly bad.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 11:25 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Haven't played the online yet, but it's at least not as bad as or worse than Brawl's was right? At least with this game having patches to fix online glitches/exploits, etc. is actually possible.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 6th, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 11:57 PM
ares834

4 man free for alls are significantly more laggy than Brawl (at least the ones I played in were). Thankfully, when I was playing with only my friend it was smooth.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:11 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Any speculations on estimated release for the Wii U version? I'm still holding out for it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:27 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

November 11th, supposedly.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:34 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I really hope so. It'll make the wait so much easier to actually know. Still, f**k yeah on the speculative date you've provided. Thanks for that. big grin

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:52 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So anyone besides me and I guess ares that currently have the 3DS version? And if so what's your friend code? Mine's 0774-4845-6886.

Been doing all the single player challenges and stuff for awhile which I've mostly narrowed it down to just the Smash Run related ones now (in addition to collecting most of the custom moves for my mains & secondaries), but kinda want to start playing online a bit more, as I'm beginning to get burned out from all the trophy/challenge hunting, etc. Even if/when I do manage to get the Wii U version a month or so after release (likely around Christmas time-ish), not sure I can be bothered to go through All-Star, etc. with everyone again. Hopefully some of that data/completed stuff can be transferred via the Wii U & 3DS connectivity.

On a side note,

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...akurais_father/

Disappointing as it is that we'll likely never get Canondorf, guess him being a clone isn't something I can really fault Sakurai for anymore, if that's all true. Kind of a sweet story in a way, actually.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:05 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

You'll get my code after the U version comes out (November 21st, motherf**ker's! All the excite! eek! ), but I'll probably need it to myself for a couple first.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:56 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Meh. Well I probably won't have the Wii U version till a month or so after it's out like I said, if I manage to get it. Was hoping the 3DS version wouldn't be this undersold, especially with some of the exclusive stages it has and stuff, but I guess I can expect it to be dropped like a used condom (even by most of those who have it) by the time the console one's already out. >.>

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:48 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

The game is at my house just haven't played it yet

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:07 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I wanted to own the 3DS version but it was sold out where I am. We have the OPPOSITE PROBLEMS, Ridely.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:07 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote