KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Oh yeah, Falco's new voice in this game I'm not really a fan of either.

Dude I am with you 100%

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 07:09 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So, anyone see today's direct for the Wii U exclusive stuff?

Although Ridley being a Pyrosphere boss was expected, truth be told, I actually like how they executed him as such. Rather than being just a pinata that explodes upon defeat like Yellow Devil, he actually joins you/your team in the battle if you damage him enough, and there's a special item he can consume that turns him into Meta-Ridley. Images of his HD glory (damn them on how they made him look like a Pokemon that stands by your side in the 2nd one though, lol).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0qgO_qCYAADVXw.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0qgHIBIgAEwgkI.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0qgQcgIEAErMnl.jpg:large

They gave him many properties of a playable character in gameplay with how he acts, so it was like he was so close to it, yet so far away.. Sakurai you troll, gg.

Secondly, DLC was finally confirmed, along with Mewtwo being a freebie through Wii & 3DS connectivity. Mewtwo himself as DLC won't be available though till spring, so a few months or so after the Wii U version comes out, which gives me plenty of time even though I'll be getting it a bit late.

(please log in to view the image)

Wii U trophies of both of Mewtwo's megaforms were also shown (image below), so maybe we can expect both to be a final smash transformation (which one you get being randomized), but realistically I would expect just the Y form to be the FS, even though the X one is infinitely cooler IMO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0q5aPvIMAAFHVH.jpg:large

The hype is real.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Well, I guess that's one thing I can be glad for after today's earlier disappointments. *sigh* (Sorry, but it's such bullshit!)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:21 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Chin up, man. I doubt Mewtwo's the only thing that is to come. We might get Snake, Wolf, and some of them back later too.

And I take back what I said about not wanting to play on regular Pyrosphere because of how horrible Ridley would be awhile earlier.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, the 8 player Smash thing for online. That's one of the biggest selling points for the Wii U version right there. When we all get the game, we need to have those kind of 8 man matches, whether it's free-for-all or team. In the latter's case, I guess we could have like team.. something vs team Link club. I dunno, somethin' fun, but we'll have a blast.

Oh, and there's voice chat online too unlike the 3DS version.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 24th, 2014 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:46 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Oh yeah, the 8 player Smash thing for online. That's one of the biggest selling points for the Wii U version right there. When we all get the game, we need to have those kind of 8 man matches, whether it's free-for-all or team. In the latter's case, I guess we could have like team.. something vs team Link club. I dunno, somethin' fun, but we'll have a blast.

MY SWORD IS READY.
Well, will be.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:58 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Does the Wii U even come with a headset?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:05 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The gamepad has a microphone and speakers, and you can plug headphones into it if you want.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:06 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Do Turtle Beaches work?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:09 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

If it fits into a standard headphone jack, like an ipod or something has, it fits into the Wii U.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:14 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

By the way, to get Mewtwo, you'll have to register SSB Wii U/3DS on Club Nintendo (using the PIN number you get with the game). Having a Club Nintendo account is free and simple though, from what I understand, so I'll make one later.

Serebii seems to mention though that you have to register both versions, meaning you might have to buy both versions of the game at some point and register them on CN? I dunno, but I guess that'd be the "catch" to Mewtwo being free, as they'd still have to make a profit off of him as DLC somehow.

Well, more details will be brought on that as it comes.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:34 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I've, unsurprisingly had a CN account forever, there's no reason not to, no cost and cool stuff.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:48 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

True... I guess I just didn't feel enticed enough before or was too lazy about it, though I was tempted one time earlier to make one when someone I knew said they had gotten a free copy of Pokemon Y (when they already had X like me) because of it, but kinda forgot about it after that.

Now though, will definitely be making one, for Mewtwo. Was prolly an idiot for not having one long ago, but live and learn I guess.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:08 AM
Bentley
Seitei

No 8 player matches online, they are exclusive to couch multiplayer at least for now.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 08:04 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I can't even comprehend my own excitement for 8 player smashing.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:53 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

OK. After subjecting myself to it continuously over the past two days, I may have overreacted SLIGHTLY about Fox's voice. I get what they're trying to do, but Mike West compared to Jim Walker just doesn't quite do it for me. I still find it relatively disgusting and obtrusive, but it's not as bad as I initially believed it to be (though, I still have a list of problems with it). Some of the lines just needed some work, and given these are beta vids I've been watching, I can retain some hope that maybe they've fixed some of it given the reactions (positive, negative, mixed, or otherwise). I'll still get it, but I'll test it in Engrish and Japanese and decide how I'll be treating this.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 12:30 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I love Jr's Final Smash to turn into metal Mario and use the paint brush from Super Mario Sunshine. So nostalgic.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:56 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, it certainly is.

Also,

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:04 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Nemesis X

I love Jr's Final Smash to turn into metal Mario and use the paint brush from Super Mario Sunshine. So nostalgic.

Animated sequences like this are part of why I want to go into the industry. They're so f**king epic!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:11 PM