KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Gonna make Sora from Kingdom Hearts happen.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 12:22 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I respect Banjo as a character, but there's other characters made by Rare that deserve it more IMO, like K. Rool. Plus I hate how loud and rabid his fanbase has been since the whole Smash ballot thing started (nothing against you though).

I don't personally know anything about that (because I haven't voted yet), but can you really blame them?

I think (like many) that B&K have made enough of a meaningful contribution to Nintendo's history to warrant some strong consideration. Hell, there was even some expression of interest by Microsoft (or Phil Spencer, rather) in making that happen.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/banjo-...o-accept-430051

And of course, I'm with you on K. Rool as well. Granted, B-K seems to have a more devoted fanbase, if Rare's history with Nintendo is to be considered as an argument, then he shouldn't be forgotten about.

By the way, where is that damn poll?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 01:00 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Seems like Nintendo got these characters out pretty fast. Are these poll results or DLC they had planned?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 01:06 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Sacred 117
I don't personally know anything about that (because I haven't voted yet), but can you really blame them?

I think (like many) that B&K have made enough of a meaningful contribution to Nintendo's history to warrant some strong consideration. Hell, there was even some expression of interest by Microsoft (or Phil Spencer, rather) in making that happen.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/banjo-...o-accept-430051

And of course, I'm with you on K. Rool as well. Granted, B-K seems to have a more devoted fanbase, if Rare's history with Nintendo is to be considered as an argument, then he shouldn't be forgotten about.

By the way, where is that damn poll?

Eh, I suppose not.

Yeah, but there have also been a lot of indies or 3rd parties that suddenly started kissing ass to Nintendo to get their characters in Smash (because free advertising and all that) after the whole "anyone that's a video game character is eligible" explanation for the ballot, so I got tired of that pretty quick, even with MS possibly offering Banjo to be in Smash... Also, what would Nintendo have to gain from putting Banjo in Smash now? Despite the history he had with Ninty before, he's still a character from one of Nintendo's competitors now, so having Banjo would only advertise one of Nintendo's competitors, not Nintendo itself... But I guess to be fair, same could sorta be said for Snake (had more of a history with Sony than he did Nintendo). Banjo should've been in Melee at least back when Ninty still owned him/Rare.

I'm not saying Banjo should be forgotten though. I'm hoping that a Banjo Threeie still happens even, even though it would only be on M$'s consoles.

The poll's on the official Smash site.

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Seems like Nintendo got these characters out pretty fast. Are these poll results or DLC they had planned?

Ones that were planned. Roy, Ryu, and Lucas were likely already being worked on when Mewtwo was, just we didn't know about them for as long as we did Mewtwo.

Hoping Wolf is one of those planned characters too. More characters to be revealed at a later time, regardless.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 01:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Eh, I suppose not.

Yeah, but there have also been a lot of indies or 3rd parties that suddenly started kissing ass to Nintendo to get their characters in Smash (because free advertising and all that) after the whole "anyone that's a video game character is eligible" explanation for the ballot, so I got tired of that pretty quick, even with MS possibly offering Banjo to be in Smash... Also, what would Nintendo have to gain from putting Banjo in Smash now? Despite the history he had with Ninty before, he's still a character from one of Nintendo's competitors now, so having Banjo would only advertise one of Nintendo's competitors, not Nintendo itself... But I guess to be fair, same could sorta be said for Snake (had more of a history with Sony than he did Nintendo). Banjo should've been in Melee at least back when Ninty still owned him/Rare.

I'm not saying Banjo should be forgotten though. I'm hoping that a Banjo Threeie still happens even, even though it would only be on M$'s consoles.

The poll's on the official Smash site.

About that incentive, I don't have a source to confirm or deny it, but hear tell Rare's contract might be up with Microsoft this year. Who knows what'll happen, if that's the case.

By the way, Aura, do you have this game on U as well? I've been meaning to play everyone when I get a good opportunity.

Edit: And yeah, indie ass kissers just trying to cheaply succeed by association are annoying.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 02:18 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Sacred 117
About that incentive, I don't have a source to confirm or deny it, but hear tell Rare's contract might be up with Microsoft this year. Who knows what'll happen, if that's the case.

By the way, Aura, do you have this game on U as well? I've been meaning to play everyone when I get a good opportunity.

Edit: And yeah, indie ass kissers just trying to cheaply succeed by association are annoying.

Damn, really? Here's to hoping then. Most of Rare's original staff (back in its golden days) are long gone from the studio/company now though, so even if Ninty got Rare back by chance, it wouldn't be able to recreate the magic it had in the 90's and early 2000's. Would sure be a start though compared to where Rare still is now...

Yep, especially ones that were hating on Nintendo before and then suddenly start to kiss ass when that kind of opportunity arises. lol

On yeah, after getting to use Mewtwo when playing with Nemesis and some earlier, my verdict on him in Smash is... still a mixed bag. Like, he's still basically got the same moveset from Melee (missed opportunity given all the options for moves he could have now), but the effects and animations of the moves are definitely prettier looking, along with its new & greatly improved model. Most of his moves got buffs (more damage and knockback, etc.), even the tail flickering moves, so, he's got the kind of kill options now that he should've had in Melee (even ones like the up smash can properly make full contact now). Shadow Ball, sadly doesn't have contact damage anymore when charging it up, but once charged it definitely packs more of a punch than before.

At the same time, he still suffers from the floaty lightweight problems (easier to KO at a lower %). His weight is perhaps even worse now than before, and the range at which he can grab seems to have been lessened as well. But other than that, is a great improvement I guess. I just wish DLC characters got a unique entry in the Palutena's codecs thing like with every other character, along with custom specials which Mewtwo and I assume other DLC characters lack and could certainly use. lol Ah well.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 03:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Damn, really? Here's to hoping then. Most of Rare's original staff (back in its golden days) are long gone from the studio/company now though, so even if Ninty got Rare back by chance, it wouldn't be able to recreate the magic it had in the 90's and early 2000's. Would sure be a start though compared to where Rare still is now...

Yep, especially ones that were hating on Nintendo before and then suddenly start to kiss ass when that kind of opportunity arises. lol

On yeah, after getting to use Mewtwo when playing with Nemesis and some earlier, my verdict on him in Smash is... still a mixed bag. Like, he's still basically got the same moveset from Melee (missed opportunity given all the options for moves he could have now), but the effects and animations of the moves are definitely prettier looking, along with its new & greatly improved model. Most of his moves got buffs (more damage and knockback, etc.), even the tail flickering moves, so, he's got the kind of kill options now that he should've had in Melee (even ones like the up smash can properly make full contact now). Shadow Ball, sadly doesn't have contact damage anymore when charging it up, but once charged it definitely packs more of a punch than before.

At the same time, he still suffers from the floaty lightweight problems (easier to KO at a lower %). His weight is perhaps even worse now than before, and the range at which he can grab seems to have been lessened as well. But other than that, is a great improvement I guess. I just wish DLC characters got a unique entry in the Palutena's codecs thing like with every other character, along with custom specials which Mewtwo and I assume other DLC characters lack and could certainly use. lol Ah well.

Speaking of indie devs and Rare's possible contract expiration, you think Playtonic (Rare's old staff) would like to have them back? My guess is that they would, given that they'll likely make some obligatory references to past games in Yooka-Laylee. Also, Yooka-Laylee; it shows that they clearly miss it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm really hoping it and B-K turn out to be set in the same universe.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 03:25 AM
KCJ506

In regards to King K.Rool, Rare did create him, but despite what some people still think, they don't own the rights to him. Nintendo does. He's made appearances in games since Rare was bought out by Microsoft. So if Banjo-Kazooie got in, it wouldn't have any effect on whether K.Rool got in or not.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:15 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by KCJ506
In regards to King K.Rool, Rare did create him, but despite what some people still think, they don't own the rights to him. Nintendo does. He's made appearances in games since Rare was bought out by Microsoft. So if Banjo-Kazooie got in, it wouldn't have any effect on whether K.Rool got in or not.

We already know that. Donkey Kong 64 was ported to virtual console earlier this year, so he's actually logically easier to include than Banjo-Kazooie since they have the intellectual rights for it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:28 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What we are to expect from Smash online soon in a nutshell.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 07:29 AM
Bro SMASH

Ryu's trailer:

Roy's trailer:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 04:11 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I was a bit surprised Banjo wasn't in the first Smash Bros. or Melee. I know he was owned by Rare but they were still under Nintendo so he did still have a chance. I still would love to see Banjo make it into a Smash Bros.

Is ironic too given something Sakurai said against the idea of having fighting game characters in Smash before.

That's why I want to hear the reason behind Ryu's appearance.

Also, I stand corrected about Ryu having a counter special. It's actually a super armor charging move. Also, he has two final smashes apparently... A close range and a long range one; short range is just a power shoryuken while long range is a powerful hadouken.

Yeah, like I said, that attack is based on the Focused Attack feature from the SFIV games.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 04:16 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

You know, I'm actually surprised at how OK I am with Roy's return. There seems to be some degree of meaningful aesthetic difference between him and Marth this time; almost like Ganon and Falcon. I'm glad to see he's not just empty Melee-tard fanservice like I initially anticipated. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It makes one wonder why they couldn't have done better with Lucina and the like. confused

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 04:33 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah... Lucina gets unnecessary hate because of this. Fundamentally, she wasn't a bad choice for a FE newcomer either like Robin (both being main character-ish for Awakening), but making her as much a clone as they did... What a waste. She can rack up damage faster than Marth but Marth can KO at an earlier rate, so even then she's not as preferable to use for most.

To me, Roy still feels like empty Meleetard fanservice. I love the new effects/animations of his fire moves and such admittedly, but c'mon. Melee was the only reason he was ever popular. He's shunned by the general FE fanbase since his character wasn't that likable in his series of origin. May consider getting him at some point though, but meh. Am in no hurry for it.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 14th, 2015 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:27 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I don't know how he was in Fire Emblem, so I can't comment on that. Though, my reaction to him thus far is more positive than I was expecting. This could, however, be a result of starting with low hopes of receiving anything of work for him. We'll see how he turns out.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:50 PM
Bro SMASH

I hope Simon Belmont is the next 3rd party character in the game.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 03:03 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Roy is generally unpopular in the FE fanbase. I think it has something with him having mediocre stats as a Lord and having a not so cool personality. The majority of his fame and love is from Melee.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 03:50 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It's like it was the first game he appeared in.

Oh and Mewtwo is Melee fanservice too. Still more Pokemans in the game than FE characters, 4 of them from Gen I. There could be one for each generation but noooo.

I just love the Jigglypuff is so beloved in Smash by comparison to the main games.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 04:29 AM
ares834

Gen 1 is by far the most popular and beloved of the franchise with the most iconic pokemon (Pikachu, Charizard, and Mewtwo are likely the three most iconic pokemon). It's no surprise it has a lot on the roster.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 05:07 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by AuraAngel
It's like it was the first game he appeared in.

Oh and Mewtwo is Melee fanservice too. Still more Pokemans in the game than FE characters, 4 of them from Gen I. There could be one for each generation but noooo.

I just love the Jigglypuff is so beloved in Smash by comparison to the main games.

If it was up to me Smash would have all the Gen I Pokemon on its rooster.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 05:29 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote