KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
There could be one for each generation but noooo.

Blaziken.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 11:11 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's like it was the first game he appeared in.

Oh and Mewtwo is Melee fanservice too. Still more Pokemans in the game than FE characters, 4 of them from Gen I. There could be one for each generation but noooo.

I just love the Jigglypuff is so beloved in Smash by comparison to the main games.

I guess you're glad Ivysaur and Squirtle got cut then huh? stick out tongue I don't really care for 'generation representation' though. I suppose Mewtwo is Melee fanservice to some level, but it at least earned its spot back by becoming the most relevant it had been in years (new anime movie, two megalutions, not to mention was the first mega evolution ever shown and one of the promoted posterboys for gen 6, etc).

FE has enough characters now as it is anyway IMO... I'll only accept more if it's someone that isn't another sword wielder.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

FE has enough characters now as it is anyway IMO... I'll only accept more if it's someone that isn't another sword wielder.

So Hector the God?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 08:22 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sure. stick out tongue Was one of the ones I was kinda hoping for before this game came out, but figured it wouldn't happen..

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 12:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Blaziken.

Am actually legit surprised that Game Freak has not outright requested it.

I guess you're glad Ivysaur and Squirtle got cut then huh? stick out tongue I don't really care for 'generation representation' though. I suppose Mewtwo is Melee fanservice to some level, but it at least earned its spot back by becoming the most relevant it had been in years (new anime movie, two megalutions, not to mention was the first mega evolution ever shown and one of the promoted posterboys for gen 6, etc).

Mewtwo is also one of the most overrated Pokemon evar. Come at me bro.

Not that I disagree with there being too many FE characters. I just think Roy is a pretty cool kid.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 11:06 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Saw that comeback from miles away stick out tongue... Copout. Overrated as a Pokemon? Can be easily, yes, like any other uber or psychic type of his caliber (especially for when he debuted)... But in Smash? He's actually underrated with where he normally ranks competitively, which is what this thread's about anyway, not Pokemon.. It is sad how his popularity in Smash only rose after he was cut in Brawl, but if not for that and the treatment gen 6 gave him, I doubt he would've returned.

Blaziken they never really made into a marketing whore or that iconic like Lucario and them though, to my memory.

They buffed Roy dramatically, it seems like.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 11:47 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Saw that comeback from miles away stick out tongue... Copout. Overrated as a Pokemon? Can be easily, yes, like any other uber or psychic type of his caliber (especially for when he debuted)... But in Smash? He's actually underrated with where he normally ranks competitively, which is what this thread's about anyway, not Pokemon.. It is sad how his popularity in Smash only rose after he was cut in Brawl, but if not for that and the treatment gen 6 gave him, I doubt he would've returned.

Blaziken they never really made into a marketing whore or that iconic like Lucario and them though, to my memory.

They buffed Roy dramatically, it seems like.

And the Gen 6 treatment comes from Genwunners overrating Mewtwo as a Pokemon.

Blaziken is Game Freak's favorite starter ever. Only one good in competitive play or was for a bit, Greninja is probably good with Protean but he has no Mega.

Which is good. Project M proved that people wanted to play as both Mewtwo and Roy so hey.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 11:53 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And the Gen 6 treatment comes from Genwunners overrating Mewtwo as a Pokemon.

Blaziken is Game Freak's favorite starter ever. Only one good in competitive play or was for a bit, Greninja is probably good with Protean but he has no Mega.

Which is good. Project M proved that people wanted to play as both Mewtwo and Roy so hey.

Which should speak volumes about Charizard I guess. Newgenners overrating certain current Pokemon (Greninja for one, who I found overhyped compared to the other starters even before it was revealed for Smash) can be as faulty as the Genwunners who overrate their favorites though.

But speaking of Mewtwo and Charizard's gen 6 treatment, Charizard Y and Mewtwo X are so underrated and.. not marketed compared to their other megaforms that they may as well not even exist.

Huh, news to me (about their favorite starter). Not sure how I'd feel about Blaziken in Smash though when Smash already has a fire and fighting type respectively, but I guess sky uppercut and stuff would've been cool...

thumb up Project M's pretty much the only reason now that I still have my Wii and Brawl.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 12:56 AM
ares834

Charizard is the best pokemon though.

(please log in to view the image)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Blakiken can go **** off... A chicken? Smh.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I'll just leave this here.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 11:26 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

And out of no where lol

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 11:42 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I must've made a wish off a monkey's paw because when I said I wanted Cloud in, I meant in PlayStation All-Stars. Now the Sony fans are gonna be pissed.

Well I wanted him, I got him. So what's the release date?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 12:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wow, that's pretty crazy. This is a pipe dream; I never expected to actually see it happen.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 02:54 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Really unexpected.

Well, now fans will get to see the Link vs. Cloud dream match happen in a video game now.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 06:55 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

But speaking of Mewtwo and Charizard's gen 6 treatment, Charizard Y and Mewtwo X are so underrated and.. not marketed compared to their other megaforms that they may as well not even exist.

Mewtwo X is featured in Pokken (as Shadow Mewtwo lol) and Charizard Y is featured as a Pikachu Costume in Pokemon Centers (I think X is too, but less prominently).

As for Cloud... I'm just upset we didn't get a Dragon Quest character instead, those games are actually announced all over the Calendar in Nintendo Systems and have been all featured in Nintendo Handhelds and consoles. Otherwise, it was about time a Square/Enix char joined the ranks.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 08:06 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Honestly it seems to me like Cloud got in because Sakurai really wanted him. I think he played FFVII and just loved it. That trailer is positively oozing with love for FFVII that most wouldn't notice(Cloud on the Red Lion? That's his motion sickness, something Square never references).

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 08:13 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Bentley
Mewtwo X is featured in Pokken (as Shadow Mewtwo lol) and Charizard Y is featured as a Pikachu Costume in Pokemon Centers (I think X is too, but less prominently).

As for Cloud... I'm just upset we didn't get a Dragon Quest character instead, those games are actually announced all over the Calendar in Nintendo Systems and have been all featured in Nintendo Handhelds and consoles. Otherwise, it was about time a Square/Enix char joined the ranks.

Who would you have wanted from Dragon Quest? I'm partial to the Hero from 8. Or Terry

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by Quincy on Nov 13th, 2015 at 01:41 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 01:38 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Bentley

That last post of mine was long before we got the updates we did for Pokken and such. lol Am still psyched for Shadow/Dark Mewtwo though.

(please log in to view the image)

Charizard Y also had a presence in the Super Mystery Dungeon which I was kinda pleased by. thumb up

Agree on the rest too. Of course if Cloud had been in Playstation All-Stars, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but now that it's sunk in more, am sure I'll warm up to him in the game like Ryu.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 04:58 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'll just leave this here.

If this were about seven or eight years ago when I actually liked the character, I'd be ELATED. If this were about four or so years ago, when I hated the character, I'd be screaming bloody murder. Nowadays I'm mostly indifferent to him, but this was no less a surprise. Suffice to say I have no reason to be against it considering the game's historical standing and the fact that Ryu (my most wanted character pretty much ever) is also in the game. I'll take it over that damn R63 Link in HW Legends. I think one of the things I like the most about it is just how much that trailer shows how closely they're sticking to tradition with him instead of going too far on the modern SE vibes that he started having, which is something that SSB4 has done a really good job with in bringing in the newcomers while making some of the most diverse newcomers in the series yet. I also always thought his six-in-one sword in Advent Children was the coolest friggin' thing.

Ryu's still better.

Also, all the references I could point out in the trailer were pretty hilarious. 'Specially the Zelda thing and the bike. That, and the stage looks great.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Nov 13th, 2015 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 05:08 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Why Cloud??

Why?? "He's the face of Final Fantasy" LOL, no. There is no face of Final Fantasy.

If anything, at least bring a console-exclusive characters like from the NES/SNES Days, because not a single Final Fantasy game has been released on disc/cartridge, and if it was, it certainly wasn't FF7. Of course, none of those characters were as well known, but Cloud would be more suited to the next Playstation All-Stars.

I'm not saying I'm not happy to see him in the game, but tell me where it has any FF7 shit on Nintendo? Can't find it, eh? Figured. The only Final Fantasy games released on Nintendo were handhelds or spin-offs (and even then, all the big name spin-offs were ported to the PSP, and the shit that WAS on Nintendo Consoles has nothing to do with FF7.)

The FF7 Remake probably. PROBABLY isn't getting ported to the Wii U, they might make it happen by some miracle. Oh and no, a digital re-release does not count, maybe if it were one of their remastered ports they did it back in the day on the advance, with Dawn of Souls, and FFIV, but they didn't.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 08:23 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote