KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...uper-smash-bros

Guess it's still somewhat possible for the popular Namco choices like Pac-Man to be in (boring as he seems like he would be moveset-wise) or Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, but am glad they won't really be prioritized. Would be happy enough if Mega Man was the only new 3rd party character added, assuming Snake and Sonic still return too.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 06:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...uper-smash-bros

Guess it's still somewhat possible for the popular Namco choices like Pac-Man to be in (boring as he seems like he would be moveset-wise) or Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, but am glad they won't really be prioritized. Would be happy enough if Mega Man was the only new 3rd party character added, assuming Snake and Sonic still return too.

Agreed on Mega Man, he is by far the most desired character to appear in SSB games, as long as he's in it they don't have to add any new combatants and I'll be pleased. However I am of course hoping for Ridley. I don't care much for snake so I'll be fine if he doesn't return but I am hoping that at least Sonic and Mewtwo will make a comeback.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 07:51 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I really don't care if Snake or Sonic comes back for this game, I too am more satisfied with Mega Man, as far as third party characters go. I personally think Snake and Sonic have served their purposes in this series anyway.

But to be completely satisfied, I also want Little Mac. I've been wanting him ever since before Brawl was released. He's, no doubt, the most deserving Nintendo character that hasn't been confirmed yet. But with the boxing ring and the leaked info, I truly believe he's in anyway. Only with both Mega Man and Little Mac in the game, I'll have no more problems.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 15th, 2013 02:51 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Cyner
Agreed on Mega Man, he is by far the most desired character to appear in SSB games, as long as he's in it they don't have to add any new combatants and I'll be pleased. However I am of course hoping for Ridley. I don't care much for snake so I'll be fine if he doesn't return but I am hoping that at least Sonic and Mewtwo will make a comeback.

Although Snake was a secondary of mine, if he got the boot I'd probably miss his whole codecs feature the most, though I could see it getting replaced by a knockoff like the Kid Icarus style codecs. Ridley's still up in the air (no pun intended), but Mewtwo's probably the closest thing to a shoe-in, whether they use his new form or not.

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I really don't care if Snake or Sonic comes back for this game, I too am more satisfied with Mega Man, as far as third party characters go. I personally think Snake and Sonic have served their purposes in this series anyway.

But to be completely satisfied, I also want Little Mac. I've been wanting him ever since before Brawl was released. He's, no doubt, the most deserving Nintendo character that hasn't been confirmed yet. But with the boxing ring and the leaked info, I truly believe he's in anyway. Only with both Mega Man and Little Mac in the game, I'll have no more problems.

I understand your want for Little Mac and sorta support him too, but I kinda beg to differ on him being without a doubt the most deserving Nintendo character yet to be in. erm

The one thing that worries me at the moment for some characters is that apparently (according to some sources) the Wii U and 3DS version of the game will have both the same number of characters and same characters, so if some characters aren't able to be added because of the bigger limits of the 3DS, they won't be on the Wii U version either (unless maybe they're DLC), which is bullshit, but it is what it is.

Oh, Sakurai said in another interview that the 3DS had issues with double characters like Ice Climbers, so maybe that's just what it is. Goodbye to them perhaps, not that I used 'em much anyway...

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 15th, 2013 at 08:37 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2013 08:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I understand your want for Little Mac and sorta support him too, but I kinda beg to differ on him being without a doubt the most deserving Nintendo character yet to be in. erm

Don't know why you say that. Punch-Out!! is a very popular Nintendo series since the NES days. Little Mac's playable appearance in Smash Bros. is long overdue.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 16th, 2013 04:56 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I can see Little mac being quite the badass in smash bros

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 09:52 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Considering Snake got in, I think that just leave two classic NES characters not represented. Mike Jones and Simon Belmont. Then again Nintendo may have a problem with a fighter who's attacks include chucking crosses.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2013 04:07 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

You know, I think "popular" is an understatement. Punch-Out!! is a famous series, especially the NES game.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 01:04 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 05:50 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wow. What the ****? What a lame excuse. Who cares if people see the cutscenes on youtube? All they really want is the gameplay. Just come out and say that you didn't feel like adding cutscenes because you're concentrating on gameplay and thats a wrap. People would accept that no problem.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 26th, 2013 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 06:27 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Weak excuse indeed, but yeah. I'm still glad they're not putting quite as much effort into the campaign this time around, if you wanna call it that. One of the biggest problems Brawl had was the most time (and disc space) being spent on the Subspace Emissary while other features of the game were kind of an afterthought in comparison, even the online which was crap, although that had more to do with the Wii/Nintendo wi-fi itself admittedly than the game.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 07:49 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. By that logic, I guess Nintendo won't be making any cutscenes for any games anymore since those too will be uploaded to YouTube

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 26th, 2013 at 08:56 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 08:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

It's like he's saying "We don't want free publicity." Honestly having the cutscenes on youtube help it more than it would hurt.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 09:18 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

I'm confused. The reason for not having cutscenes is that they'll get uploaded to youtube and the initial 'wow' you get from seeing it while playing will be lost. How is that a bigger loss than not having a cutscene at all?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 02:36 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

The real reason is that they are rushing the game out due to the Wii U's flagging sales.

That's the best excuse they could think of.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:04 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I can think of a bunch of different excuses to make besides the one Masahiro made.

1. We want to focus more on the gameplay.

2. We're having a hard enough time trying to figure out which new characters we want in this and how they should work.

3. We don't have enough time. We're almost meeting the deadline here.

4. Because we know the majority doesn't care about story modes in fighters anyway.

5. The rest of our budget that was supposed to be put into making cutscenes for the story mode was transferred to another Nintendo project. That or cocaine. I just noticed our staff is a little on edge.

6. Most of the cutscenes have Bayonetta in them. We went too far. If we showed them to you, we'd have to change the game's rating.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 26th, 2013 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:32 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'd rather have another Melee-style adventure mode anyway that's shorter and more fun & replayable and isn't a glorified Kirby game like Brawl's SSE. Maybe SSB4's story mode will be closer to the former.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
The real reason is that they are rushing the game out due to the Wii U's flagging sales.

That's the best excuse they could think of.

Not sure how much that'll help the Wii U, but perhaps they should've made the game Wii U exclusive to begin with instead of also having it on the 3DS. Even as big a hit as Smash is, I don't see much reason to get a Wii U for that alone when I can get it on the 3DS I already have when it comes out.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 07:46 PM
Cyner
Too little too late

I'd rather have another Melee-style adventure mode anyway that's shorter and more fun & replayable and isn't a glorified Kirby game like Brawl's SSE. Maybe SSB4's story mode will be closer to the former.

amen

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 11:17 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Every game made should be tailored to be a glorified Kirby game. Kirby games are the greatest things that God has graced us with.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 10:37 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote:
(please log in to view the image)

Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…

Well this kind of suspense certainly ain't gonna help with my occasional insomnia... Thanks Sakurai.

If he happened to have made Ridley just a stage hazard for the Pyrosphere then he may as well have shown him now.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 09:50 AM