KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Faith Alone.

Faith Alone.
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
his post seems filled to the brim with perceived evidence.

Is he looking for proof, or is he assuming proof?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 08:07 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Is he looking for proof, or is he assuming proof?

Neither, I don't have to.

It is what it is.

smile

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 08:47 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Neither, I don't have to.

It is what it is.

smile

I would call that an assumption of proof.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 08:49 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would call that an assumption of proof.

Why would you call that as assumption of proof? I believe that all natural things have a beginning, designer, manufacturer, father, mother, or creator.

This can be proven using the scientific method.

In this case I believe that the material universe and planet earth with all of its complexity and life must of necessity been created. I know of no other Person qualified to pull off such an amazing feat other than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob i.e. the God of the Bible.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 08:56 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Why would you call that as assumption of proof? I believe that all natural things have a beginning, designer, manufacturer, father, mother, or creator.

In this case I believe that the material universe and planet earth with all of its complexity and life must of necessity been created. I know of no other Person qualified to pull off such an amazing feat other than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob i.e. the God of the Bible.

But you do not go and get a science degree and try to prove any of this. You don't need too, because you assume that it is true.

I know that a fresh do-nut is good to eat, and I don't go and try to prove this. I assume that a fresh do-nut is good to eat.

You know that all things around you are proof of god, and you don't go out and try to prove it. You assume that the universe is proof of god.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:02 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you do not go and get a science degree and try to prove any of this. You don't need too, because you assume that it is true.

I know that a fresh do-nut is good to eat, and I don't go and try to prove this. I assume that a fresh do-nut is good to eat.

You know that all things around you are proof of god, and you don't go out and try to prove it. You assume that the universe is proof of god.

Well, actually I call it common sense.

I don't have to assume as true what common sense already presupposes.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:08 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

so you can have faith and still use 'evidence', so long as you don't actually try to explain any of it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:09 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well, actually I call it common sense.

I don't have to assume as true what common sense already presupposes.

If you have ever worked with someone who lacks common sense, then you will realize that common sense is an assumption. cool

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:10 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you have ever worked with someone who lacks common sense, then you will realize that common sense is an assumption. cool

Merriam-Webster's defines common sense as:

"sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts"

In the case of the material universe and world, and the complexity of life, simple perception of this situation or facts presupposes that no natural thing can be without designer, creator, manufacturer, beginning, father, or mother.

It's just sound and prudent judgment of the situation or facts, and provable based on the scientific method.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:24 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

...In the case of the material universe and world, and the complexity of life, simple perception of this situation or facts presupposes that no natural thing can be without designer, creator, manufacturer, beginning, father, or mother.

It's just sound and prudent judgment of the situation or facts, and provable based on the scientific method.

That is an assumption.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:26 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is an assumption.

It's not an assumption if it's provable by the scientific method.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:33 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is an assumption.

It's not an assumption if it's provable using the Scientific Method.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:34 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Why was only the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob capable of making the universe?

How do you explain Yaweh prior to Moses elevating him to one and only God existed as a minor deity in Caananite religion? El being the hebrew word for God, and "El", was also the name of the chief Caananite god, El had 70 sons according to their religion and one of them was Yaweh. Deuteronomy 32:8-9 is often cited for this.

How does this fit with everything?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Apr 17th, 2012 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:46 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Why was only the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob capable of making the universe?

How do you explain Yaweh prior to Moses elevating him to one and only God existed as a minor deity in Canaanite religion? El being the hebrew word for God, and "El", was also the name of the chief Caananite god, El had 70 sons according to their religion and one of them was Yaweh. Deuteronomy 32:8-9 is often cited for this.

How does this fit with everything?

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is only capable of creating the universe because He is the living God. All other gods are false, idols, or non-living.

The God of the Bible identifies Himself as "I Am." Jesus Christ also identifies Himself as "I Am.' No other god does this.

Yahweh of the Bible has a Son who died for the sins of humanity, and Who rose from the dead. No other god had a son who did this.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 09:58 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is only capable of creating the universe because He is the living God. All other gods are false, idols, or non-living.

The God of the Bible identifies Himself as "I Am." Jesus Christ also identifies Himself as "I Am.' No other god does this.

Yahweh of the Bible has a Son who died for the sins of humanity, and Who rose from the dead. No other god had a son who did this.

Horus!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:01 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Horus!

Horus was not resurrected for our sins.

Pharaoh was believed to be the incarnation of Horus and he (Pharaoh) is dead.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:21 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

So is Jesus.

Damn! I think I scared him off.

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Apr 17th, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:22 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Why is resurrection so important? The sacrifice of Jesus was noble, and I thought it was the sacrifice that mattered.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:31 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Why is resurrection so important? The sacrifice of Jesus was noble, and I thought it was the sacrifice that mattered.

Final payment for the sins of the whole world had been made through the sacrificial, substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on behalf of the human race.

Jesus Christ's spirit then descended into Hades to serve humanity's sentence.

Divine justice and wrath against sin (specifically sinful humanity) had been satisfied.

God did not leave Jesus' soul in Hades but resurrected it along with the body of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ became the Firstborn of the dead when God resurrected His flesh and bone glorified body from the dead and His spirit from Hades.

Jesus Christ rose from the dead thus conquering the law of sin and death. Now anyone who trusts in Jesus Christ for salvation from sin will also be resurrected from the dead.

If Jesus Christ had not risen from the dead then no one else would be able to rise from the dead.

This is why faith is so vital to Christianity.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:39 PM
lil bitchiness
-

What happens to those who have never heard of Jesus?

What about those who have been born in any other particular religion such as Hindus or Buddhists?

It's pretty much a lottery if you're going to Hell or Heaven according to your reasoning.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:55 PM