KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why are there more theists, in the world then atheists?

Why are there more theists, in the world then atheists?
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Those who worship god are blindly following an imagined dictator.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 12:33 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Incidentally, fascism, genocide, rape, and slavery are all biblical values as well.

Therein lies the difference between secular and religious morality. Secular morality is self-correcting; it improves and becomes more fair over time. Religious morality is fixed; The Bible still endorses all the same atrocities it did in the Bronze age.

You would be better off not following Judeo-Christian moral systems, because they are inherently immoral.

No they are not. Have you read the Bible?

What Religion are you talking about exactly? confused

I doubt that. Considering that anything that goes against the Jewish/Christian concept of morality is considered wrong and punished by most Governments.

Because if I want someone to do as a I say without question, "Because a god says so," is more effective than, "Because I say so."

Well i guess will never know.

It might it might not.

It all resumes to faith.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:42 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Those who worship god are blindly following an imagined dictator.

It's a matter of perception.

To you a dictator to others a king.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:43 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
No they are not. Have you read the Bible?

What Religion are you talking about exactly? confused

I doubt that. Considering that anything that goes against the Jewish/Christian concept of morality is considered wrong and punished by most Governments.

Well i guess will never know.

It might it might not.

It all resumes to faith.

quote:
1 Samuel 15:2–3

Thus says the Lord of hosts, "Now go and strike the Amalekites and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

quote:
Numbers 31:17–8

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. But all the girls who are virgins, take for yourselves.

quote:
1 Peter 2:18

Slaves, obey your masters, not only to those who are good and gentle, but also to those who are wicked and cruel.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 12:09 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

At least the Christian God is good and thorough when it comes to annihilating one's enemies, even the infants and livestock are not spared

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 12:17 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

To you a dictator to others a king.

You're aware that kings are dictators?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:14 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Go back to rapping about the spectre of the moon, Rocky.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:34 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Devil be risin up.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:36 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

THE SPECTACLE OF CREAM SODA!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:47 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Robtard
At least the Christian God is good and thorough when it comes to annihilating one's enemies, even the infants and livestock are not spared

If the kids were left to die of starvation then people would complain about god not being human enough to finish them off.

You can't make atheist happy either way

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I am awared of such lines and many more.

Yet it seems you forget that the New Testament came to renew the law.

Besides those were stories of battles and war.

I don't recall reading anything similar in the 10 commandments or anything that says that you are allowed to murder in the bible.

Peter 2 18-25:
quote:
18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

If you are going to quote something quote the entire passage, not just one line.

The passage is clearly not saying that God approves slavery. Stop twisting the bible.

Conclusion: Read the bible again .

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:00 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
You're aware that kings are dictators?

The dictionary disagrees.

Just like the countries which are ruled under a monarchy.

Go to England and shout that Queen Elizabeth is a Dictator and tell me how you fair.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:03 PM
Adam_PoE

I am awared of such lines and many more.

Yet it seems you forget that the New Testament came to renew the law.

Besides those were stories of battles and war.

I don't recall reading anything similar in the 10 commandments or anything that says that you are allowed to murder in the bible.

Peter 2 18-25:

If you are going to quote something quote the entire passage, not just one line.

The passage is clearly not saying that God approves slavery. Stop twisting the bible.

Conclusion: Read the bible again .

If you are so "aware" of the existence of those verses, then you would also know that some of them are from the New Testament. I chose them precisely to demonstrate that the immorality of The Bible is not limited to the Old Testament.

Moreover, the Old Testament law still applies. Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law, and that not one detail of the law would be changed until his second coming. Surely, you must agree, because you cited the Ten Commandments, which are in the Old Testament.

Furthermore, the verses I cited are not accounts of things that happened, but direct commands from God. When God commands people to commit infanticide and genocide, to rape little girls, and instructs them how to own people as slaves, that is an endorsement.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 02:34 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If you are so "aware" of the existence of those verses, then you would also know that some of them are from the New Testament. I chose them precisely to demonstrate that the immorality of The Bible is not limited to the Old Testament.

Moreover, the Old Testament law still applies. Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law, and that not one detail of the law would be changed until his second coming. Surely, you must agree, because you cited the Ten Commandments, which are in the Old Testament.

Furthermore, the verses I cited are not accounts of things that happened, but direct commands from God. When God commands people to commit infanticide and genocide, to rape little girls, and instructs them how to own people as slaves, that is an endorsement.

The only New Testament site you gave was that of Peter. Which again isn't availing slavery

Again, you are mistaking law with stories. Those are tails of war and battle. They are not law.

Commands of God in times of war.

Either way, what if God commands to rape and kill?

Again, he is the creator of the rules and moral codes! That means he is again the only one that can alter them and skip them!

God decides what is moral and what's not. In that aspect, those people weren't being immoral. They were just following God's command.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:21 AM
Adam_PoE

The only New Testament site you gave was that of Peter. Which again isn't availing slavery

Again, you are mistaking law with stories. Those are tails of war and battle. They are not law.

Commands of God in times of war.

Either way, what if God commands to rape and kill?

Again, he is the creator of the rules and moral codes! That means he is again the only one that can alter them and skip them!

God decides what is moral and what's not. In that aspect, those people weren't being immoral. They were just following God's command.

Thanks for proving my point:

If a god is a part of the equation you cannot expect the rules to be the same, because morality would then be arbitrary to the will of god. If god decided tomorrow that child molestation was righteous, it would be. And since you do not believe you are capable of making moral determinations independently of god, you would have no basis to say that such a command was wrong.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:13 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Thanks for proving my point:

Okay i think you are mistaken.

Morality is a perception. Morality isn't something concrete.

My point here is that our current moral codes were influenced by the Jewish/Christian God!

In that aspect you are correct. Our moral values are arbitrary to the will of God

Specifically demonstrated in the bible.

When God commanded those men to kill and rape (Despite being against the 10 commandments) it was correct.

However nowadays God doesn't command such things. So Humanity sees wrong to murder.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:07 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shut up.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:51 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote