KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Heroes of Old

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Heroes of Old
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Melkor

Gallador focuses on his vision again.

"Well, my vision involved a golden triangle, a symbol of great danger and power. Its power did not seem real but one based on deception, but still it brough danger to my Master and all around it. There was also a finely dressed man dragged away in this vision, propably a senator... Master Harrar-Urr had a vision involving one.

Is the symbol of these Lopan Avengers a triangle, by the way?"

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:29 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"It is," Master Scovione says.

"What troubles me, and the Council, is the obscure nature of my own vision," Master Ur states. "It felt as though I did not see all that the Force meant me to see."

Scovione frowns at that. "You know what that could mean..."

"The Dark Side clouds this matter," Master Ur says, with a nod.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

"The Dark Side.... does it suggest that a Darksider could be involved? Surely, I have not heard of a Darksider being present on Coruscant for many centuries..." Gallador frowns, concerned.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:53 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Nor have I," Master Ur says. "But we never rule out anything until we establish the facts that prove otherwise."

"I find it unlikely," Scovione says, simply.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 11:11 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

"What do we know about the enemy, Master Sciovione?"

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 11:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Scovione clears his throat.

"I have yet to learn much of the Lopan Avengers," Scovione says, "but here's what I do know:

"The Lopan Avengers seemed to come out of nowhere, and they're quickly taking over territory in the underworld. They special in extortion and blackmail, so they try to use this approach before resorting to violence.

"When violence proves necessary, they use guerrilla tactics, or hit-and-run. They aren't opposed to open street wars, but if they do engage, they finish the fight and vanish quick."

It is a short list from Scovione; he admits that the Avengers remain shadowy and obscure, as much as they can. He does not know where they originated, where their base of operations is centered, or what caused this recent surge in activity.

"They're getting aggressive," Scovione says, "but nobody knows why."

"Which means nobody is talking because they fear this group," Ur concludes.

"Exactly."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 05:30 AM
Lord Melkor

"So, in order to get something of value, we need to get to the members of the group itself?

However, I am a bit surprised that people do not believe that Jedi can protect them against bunch of thugs."

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 03:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

By 'people,' you mean the general population. The people targeted by the Lopans currently include mainly the other criminal groups of Coruscant's underworld. They probably do not want the Jedi around in the first place, let alone there to defend them from other gangsters.

"We need to figure out who they are and what they want," Scovione says. "I have played this game for a long time, busting drug smugglers and breaking up gangs. But they've proved elusive. For any operation to work, I need a point of contact within their organization."

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 28th, 2014 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 03:54 PM
Lord Melkor

"You are very experienced at dealing with that type of criminals, Master. How do you plan to find this point of contact?"

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 03:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Scovione wants to make contact with one of the criminal groups threatened by the Lopans under the premise of offering some sort of aid- probably money for guns. While Scovione and Harrar focus on striking deals with the gang, Corelay and Gallador will ask around about getting in touch with the Lopans.

From there, Scovione and Harrar can investigate the Lopans and take further action.

"Have you decided who to reach out to?" Harrar asks.

"I'm working on it," Scovione says. "I'm known in some circles for some of the assignments my old partner and I took on. I need to choose carefully to avoid recognition."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Harrar will check with Gallador to make sure he has no reservations about what is expected of him.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:01 PM
Lord Melkor

"I am not used to deal with criminals, I understand that Corelay has more experience. Are we to ask for contact on behalf of Scovione's cover?"

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 09:28 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Mind you, Corelay is quite young himself. He is almost ready for Knighthood by the time of Episode I.

"Master Scovione does engage in numerous missions in those sort of atmosphere, so Corelay will have the advantage of his knowledge. But I know you well, and you have a talent for talking, certainly. You know much; your studious nature will make up for a lack of experience here."

Harrar smiles.

"But yes, stick to the cover."

-

After some discussion, Masters Harrar and Scovione eventually agree on which group they want to try investigating. A small-time group called the 800 Level Gang - named after the territory they operate on within the 800 levels on Coruscant.

"They will find their territory threatened by this power struggle with the Avengers," Scovione says. "Even better, they won't know me."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:55 AM
Lord Melkor

"So, you will get in touch with this Gang, which seems a well-thought approach... what about my and Corelay's cover, perhaps we want to joint the Lopans?"

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That probably wouldn't work too well with Scovione's cover! You're coming as his retinue to help him solidify an arms deal with the Gang. But you want to find out as much as you can about the Lopans by interacting with gang members - particularly where they operate from.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 12:11 AM
Lord Melkor

Okay, so Gallador and Corelay will wonder around taverns and ask around.

Sounds fine.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:30 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The 800 Level Gang operates out of a series of old warehouses, which they legally purchased. They ostensibly use the warehouses as meeting points and hangouts, but Scovione and Harrar both theorize that they use these to recruit members from the underprivileged in the Coruscant sublevels and conduct more serious business behind closed doors.

Scovione uses police reports on the Gang to pinpoint a particularly active warehouse, which doubles as a night club. Gallador's attuned senses tell him that Scovione has chosen well- this must be their headquarters.

"Keep your senses about you," Harrar warns both you and Corelay. "If they suspect that we are not who we claim to be, you can expect they will try a violent resolution to the threat we pose to their operations."

"Conceal your sabers well," Scovione advises.

Is there any way in which Gallador wishes to prepare the trip further down?

Also... I leave this at player discretion. Has Gallador taken a life in the line of duty at this point in his career?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 09:42 PM
Lord Melkor

Gallador will review information he has on the 800 level Gang and talk with Corelay about conforming their false identities.

Regarding taking of lives - I would be surprised if Gallador, being a student of such active Master for five years, has not never been in combat situation...

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 09:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

We can safely say that Gallador has necessarily taken lives, then.

How is Gallador's Savoir-Faire+Intelligence pool?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 07:50 PM
Lord Melkor

His pool is 7.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 08:01 AM