KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu

Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu
Started by: TheGoldenSpy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Hsein-ko is hot, but not hotter. Eh, I know nothing of the DS verse or their character so youre probably right. Morrigan's fine from a fapable point of view :V

Theres actually this 6ft tall 10 year old that goes to my old primary school. Almost creeped the shit outa me no expression

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:20 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
Hsein-ko is hot, but not hotter. Eh, I know nothing of the DS verse or their character so youre probably right. Morrigan's fine from a fapable point of view :V

Theres actually this 6ft tall 10 year old that goes to my old primary school. Almost creeped the shit outa me no expression
No you're wrong Hsien-ko is hotter.

Sure she is good in terms of fapping, but that is it.

I knew a kid who was seven feet tall in my middle school, as early as at least seventh grade lol.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Is this a character flaw issue? Cos she's still hot regardless <__<

He doesn't have hair! >[

Nah her succubusness.. yeah > ANY seduction, Demitri was a hapless pawn

Math coward. Hey, I'm the only one here that highballs for the opposing side

Thats the thing. Theres a good chance that its faster than the game showed it to be, but that would be admitting to Cronos using a faster movement to catch Kratos, back to mach numbers. Because its foolish for Cronos to use anything but full speed.

Ahh I see I see. How it looks in the cutscene its nothing to what it really is when he's climbing it. 10m it is. Btw I'm against Kratos being 8.5ft even if some guy said it. Would make common people 7ft tall and his 5, 6 year old daughter 6ft tall >__>
He passes 4 whole links and 4 1/3rd links. 1/3rd as the links are.. linking to each other, every second one only adds a third of its length in-between the other links. Total of 53.333m. Clears them in 1.5 seconds, 35.6m/s.
....Dammit. 08. Don't think the claw would help, irl speaking. Nah it was all Lady's bike, flaming revs and everything.
Isnt that the same for Kratos when he has the boots?

No way of knowing for sure though.
Not sure if it was the angle that made the trees look massive, but one things for certain as thats that that horsethings body was compatible to a Titans size(3 thats in a row too much?). Titan is 5cm on the screen, things body is just over 1cm. Suggesting a 100m width, when its only 15m when Kratos is fighting him.
I wont lie, I may just mount your leg for giving me frame-by-frame

3:30, a clear splash when he tilts up. And I pumped up the volume, its a 'whoosh', not a 'boom'.
I know ya wernt, but I know that someone else would pick up on that and use it later :< But that's him teleporting, not moving. And he's just has that glow around him, not like he turned into lightning. Since when can Wally control or turn into lightning?

That touchphone dealio drove me nuts o'_o

Flames for hair, and Flames for hair > Dante. Also, no hair > Dante.

Demitri would pick her up every night for a booty call. It's because of his teaching skills that she is now a Succubus.

I'll math it some other time. Yeah, but you gave BT some ammo that was annoying.

Eh, it shouldn't really be a choice between max speed and shown gameplay speed. After all, you can't really expect someone to move at full speed all the time. That said, I still maintain that it was much faster than Peak Human speeds, but not Sonic speeds. That, or Kratos did actually use the Boots to escape in Canon.

Dev statement. Even if Kratos is ~6 feet, it would make Theseus 8 feet tall, and Hercules at least 10 feet tall. So yeah, demi-gods in GoW can be freakishly tall.
Though yeah, his child gets some leeway as he's demi-god and stuff (she was touched by the Ambrosia), but his wife does not get a pass. Then again, she did not fear him and could handle sex with Kratos, so I doubt she is only human.
Counted them in HD. Was roughly 6 in 1 second (30 fps again), and 8 in 1.3. Meh. Nowhere close to sonic, but still fairly fast considering he's running straight up and laughing.
He grips the wall when running. Also, I don't think he can run indefinitely based on the vid I saw. I remember Charlotte saying Dante charged the Bike with his energy. He's done that in the anime after all.
Dunno. He can run up/along them without any support, but when he starts the run, he uses a Blade as an Ice-pick.

So then we go with my calc of Mach 17.5.

That circular 'splash' disappears off-screen though, so can't really tell. When I crank up the volume, I hear a slightly subtle 'boom' when he makes his diving motion, and then the 'whoosh' you pointed out once he starts descending. When he passes the clouds, he sounds like a jet. Gaia's arm makes the same sound (but louder) when she's punching Poseidon. Then there's also the fact that he, a 200 kilo dude at best, was moving fast enough to knock a multimillion tonne Titan off the Mountain. Guys like Kratos may occasionally say FU to momentum, but that shit still counts in GoW.
So IMO he is using Water Vapour to accelerate himself (agreeable to me as he's affiliated with Water), but he is still moving at >Supersonic speeds.

Don't really care about any size discrepancy (will look at it though), so calc should still stand. Was also lowballing just to be nice. stick out tongue
Yeah, I know. Internets is SRS BZNESS.
Don't see why he'd turn into Lightning when he's teleporting, but not when he's zipping around. He is Lightning personified.
Brah, Zeus made Wally West. That's why he leaves Lightning trails when he moves, just like his daddy.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 3rd, 2012 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:58 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by NemeBro
No you're wrong Hsien-ko is hotter.

Morrigan >> Felicia > Hsien-Ko. DEAL WIT EET.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Afraid not.

Felicia?

What is up with the compulsive need for boys to want to **** a cat any time they see one that plagues our society these days?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:09 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You've never heard of chasing some tail Nemebro?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:52 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm a real man. Cats are too easy. Bears make more fitting prey for a bastion of manliness like me.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:55 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Hsien-ko > Felicia, thats it though.

Fapping is my sole interest in them so its A-game here.

O_o Anyone below 20 being that tall is wrong and disturbing.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Flames for hair, and Flames for hair > Dante. Also, no hair > Dante.

Demitri would pick her up every night for a booty call. It's because of his teaching skills that she is now a Succubus.

I'll math it some other time. Yeah, but you gave BT some ammo that was annoying.

Eh, it shouldn't really be a choice between max speed and shown gameplay speed. After all, you can't really expect someone to move at full speed all the time. That said, I still maintain that it was much faster than Peak Human speeds, but not Sonic speeds. That, or Kratos did actually use the Boots to escape in Canon.

Dev statement. Even if Kratos is ~6 feet, it would make Theseus 8 feet tall, and Hercules at least 10 feet tall. So yeah, demi-gods in GoW can be freakishly tall.
Though yeah, his child gets some leeway as he's demi-god and stuff (she was touched by the Ambrosia), but his wife does not get a pass. Then again, she did not fear him and could handle sex with Kratos, so I doubt she is only human.
Counted them in HD. Was roughly 6 in 1 second (30 fps again), and 8 in 1.3. Meh. Nowhere close to sonic, but still fairly fast considering he's running straight up and laughing.
He grips the wall when running. Also, I don't think he can run indefinitely based on the vid I saw. I remember Charlotte saying Dante charged the Bike with his energy. He's done that in the anime after all.
Dunno. He can run up/along them without any support, but when he starts the run, he uses a Blade as an Ice-pick.

So then we go with my calc of Mach 17.5.

That circular 'splash' disappears off-screen though, so can't really tell. When I crank up the volume, I hear a slightly subtle 'boom' when he makes his diving motion, and then the 'whoosh' you pointed out once he starts descending. When he passes the clouds, he sounds like a jet. Gaia's arm makes the same sound (but louder) when she's punching Poseidon. Then there's also the fact that he, a 200 kilo dude at best, was moving fast enough to knock a multimillion tonne Titan off the Mountain. Guys like Kratos may occasionally say FU to momentum, but that shit still counts in GoW.
So IMO he is using Water Vapour to accelerate himself (agreeable to me as he's affiliated with Water), but he is still moving at >Supersonic speeds.

Don't really care about any size discrepancy (will look at it though), so calc should still stand. Was also lowballing just to be nice.
Yeah, I know. Internets is SRS BZNESS.
Don't see why he'd turn into Lightning when he's teleporting, but not when he's zipping around. He is Lightning personified.
Brah, Zeus made Wally West. That's why he leaves Lightning trails when he moves, just like his daddy.

Vergil's demon blood hair-gel > Flameo hair

God no, Im shocked Demitri gets any.. just look at the guy . And you're /born/ with skills like hers, aint something you can teach

Hey I just gave BT a strength feat, it was Morridini and dadudemon that opened up the Sun core situation >.<

Fair point, but its still a massive unknown gap between what was shown and what we know to say its anything else. Like even though its logically sound that he was moving faster, no evidence points to it. Not even Kratos having any other speed feat to hint to this.

**** the devs! Demi-gods sure, not the other mortals. His wife's just blessed with the vagina of the gods... which > BoO
41m/s then, tbh Im disappointed that he hasn't shown anything faster in the game for being the fastest god.
Yeah behind him, that wouldn't work. Remembered now, its only infinite when he crosses from a wall to the other side. Half counts. The only time Dante charges a bike is in the anime. In the scene all he did was rev it up in the same way Lady did when burning some demons. DeBel may have been mentioning the anime scene... ah DeBel..
So Kratos doesn't get the same speed as Hermes. Not as fast, doesn't go vertical and has the assistance of his blades.

Your speed comes from faulty Titan size . The Titan and the Horsething don't match up to their actual size, which is a major thing if comparing its size to what distance the thing covers. As we're using the Horsething we should be using its own size to gauge the speed. In 2 frames it moves 6cm [my screen]. The snake part body width is 1.5cm and given that this part of its body is 10m, the thing moved 40m in 2 frames. 600m/s, just like the speed I got before.

But it still detaches from his body and the rest of the trail and moves downwards. If there was a boom at that moment, it can't be a sonic-boom as he was still stationary during it. Actually to knock something as heavy as a 500m rock titan back like he did, around 100m/s from what it moved, for his 200kg weight he would have to be moving at massively hypersonic speeds [3,000,000 kg @ 100m/s = 200 kg @ 1,500,000 m/s]. Id say its the strength force to unbalance that Titan, not speed. Right at 4:20, Kratos gets the same trail /after/ colliding with the Waterthing, he doesn't have it before. This should be evident enough that this trail is water based, not a shockwave,

Yer damn right its serious
Well the appearance doesn't suggest he turned into lighting. Being the personification of lightningsays little in itself. Helios's face could only glow and not turn into a mini Sun, Poseidon could only manipulate water when in contact with it instead of just becoming water. No god could turn into the thing they govern over.

Must be due to lack of sleep, but I seriously thought GoW Zeus actually made DC Wally

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 07:33 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

Asura would solo this even without his arms.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 12:35 AM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Vergil's demon blood hair-gel > Flameo hair

God no, Im shocked Demitri gets any.. just look at the guy. And you're /born/ with skills like hers, aint something you can teach

Hey I just gave BT a strength feat, it was Morridini and dadudemon that opened up the Sun core situation >.<

Fair point, but its still a massive unknown gap between what was shown and what we know to say its anything else. Like even though its logically sound that he was moving faster, no evidence points to it. Not even Kratos having any other speed feat to hint to this.

**** the devs! Demi-gods sure, not the other mortals. His wife's just blessed with the vagina of the gods... which > BoO
41m/s then, tbh Im disappointed that he hasn't shown anything faster in the game for being the fastest god.
Yeah behind him, that wouldn't work. Remembered now, its only infinite when he crosses from a wall to the other side. Half counts. The only time Dante charges a bike is in the anime. In the scene all he did was rev it up in the same way Lady did when burning some demons. DeBel may have been mentioning the anime scene... ah DeBel..
So Kratos doesn't get the same speed as Hermes. Not as fast, doesn't go vertical and has the assistance of his blades.

Your speed comes from faulty Titan size. The Titan and the Horsething don't match up to their actual size, which is a major thing if comparing its size to what distance the thing covers. As we're using the Horsething we should be using its own size to gauge the speed. In 2 frames it moves 6cm [my screen]. The snake part body width is 1.5cm and given that this part of its body is 10m, the thing moved 40m in 2 frames. 600m/s, just like the speed I got before.

But it still detaches from his body and the rest of the trail and moves downwards. If there was a boom at that moment, it can't be a sonic-boom as he was still stationary during it. Actually to knock something as heavy as a 500m rock titan back like he did, around 100m/s from what it moved, for his 200kg weight he would have to be moving at massively hypersonic speeds [3,000,000 kg @ 100m/s = 200 kg @ 1,500,000 m/s]. Id say its the strength force to unbalance that Titan, not speed. Right at 4:20, Kratos gets the same trail /after/ colliding with the Waterthing, he doesn't have it before. This should be evident enough that this trail is water based, not a shockwave,

Yer damn right its serious
Well the appearance doesn't suggest he turned into lighting. Being the personification of lightningsays little in itself. Helios's face could only glow and not turn into a mini Sun, Poseidon could only manipulate water when in contact with it instead of just becoming water. No god could turn into the thing they govern over.

Must be due to lack of sleep, but I seriously thought GoW Zeus actually made DC Wally

Yeah, but Vergil >>>>>>>>> Dante, so Flame-O hair still >>>>>> Dante.

Indeed. Look at him. It's clear his powers of Seduction > Morrigan's. Ergo, he taught her what she knows.

What was shown was gameplay speed of an advancing death trap that the player needs to outrun. So I wouldn't really take that speed into account.

She was also blessed with the Boobs of the Gods. No wonder Kratos is damn sorry he killed her.
He was holding back.
Eh, he may have charged it up while revving it. Can't remember exactly what she said. CBA to check it.
Prolly not the same speed, but he can run up wall vertically as well. And he only needs the assistance of the blades in that he uses them to grip the wall at the very beginning. He doesn't need them after that.
Plus, when he runs, he leaves behind Fire.

Which two frames? Once the Leviathan comes out, the camera starts shifting, and there is only one frame where you can see it right in front of the camera. In the next frame, an unknown amount of the Leviathan moves off-screen, making it hard to obtain a clear-cut figure of how far it moved. How did you get 6cm?
Seems like its size is fairly consistent with the Titan's Size to me. That, and this Titan may have been smaller than Gaia, or at least its hand was smaller than hers. Hers appears to be kind of stocky.
The thing still looks like it would fit in that Titan's hand. So I still stand by the Mach 17.5 speed
In addition, it looks slightly different from the other Leviathans, particularly its body. The others have these dark-brown scales, but this one had a bunch of cylindrical water structures in it. Might have been the Mother Leviathan.

He wasn't stationary. He was diving once the shockwave appeared.
Kool. Poseidon's Hypersonic then.
Nah, it isn't only strength. It's strength and speed. Otherwise he would have just walked up to the Titan and pushed it off with his hands.
Yes, the trail is water-based. I agreed to that. However, Poseidon was still moving at >Supersonic speeds due to the shockwave at the start of his descent, the sound he makes when he's nearing the Titan, and the fact that he unbalanced it simply by bullrushing it. You're reaching to try and say he wasn't moving faster than Sound.

It's either Lightning, or Light. Pick one.
Helios is a little weird. His face could glow, but at the same time, the Light could actually kill stuff. His chariot was a bright fireball. There's also one time where he releases Light against Perses, and there's an explosion.
Poseidon turned into water when he died, and released a Tidal wave, while Zeus' body turned into Lightning when he died. So yes, it suggests they actually are what they govern, especially in the case of Zeus & Poseidon.

He did.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:18 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Yeah, but Vergil >>>>>>>>> Dante, so Flame-O hair still >>>>>> Dante.

Indeed. Look at him. It's clear his powers of Seduction > Morrigan's. Ergo, he taught her what she knows.

What was shown was gameplay speed of an advancing death trap that the player needs to outrun. So I wouldn't really take that speed into account.

She was also blessed with the Boobs of the Gods. No wonder Kratos is damn sorry he killed her.
He was holding back.
Eh, he may have charged it up while revving it. Can't remember exactly what she said. CBA to check it.
Prolly not the same speed, but he can run up wall vertically as well. And he only needs the assistance of the blades in that he uses them to grip the wall at the very beginning. He doesn't need them after that.
Plus, when he runs, he leaves behind Fire.

Which two frames? Once the Leviathan comes out, the camera starts shifting, and there is only one frame where you can see it right in front of the camera. In the next frame, an unknown amount of the Leviathan moves off-screen, making it hard to obtain a clear-cut figure of how far it moved. How did you get 6cm?
Seems like its size is fairly consistent with the Titan's Size to me. That, and this Titan may have been smaller than Gaia, or at least its hand was smaller than hers. Hers appears to be kind of stocky.
The thing still looks like it would fit in that Titan's hand. So I still stand by the Mach 17.5 speed
In addition, it looks slightly different from the other Leviathans, particularly its body. The others have these dark-brown scales, but this one had a bunch of cylindrical water structures in it. Might have been the Mother Leviathan.

He wasn't stationary. He was diving once the shockwave appeared.
Kool. Poseidon's Hypersonic then.
Nah, it isn't only strength. It's strength and speed. Otherwise he would have just walked up to the Titan and pushed it off with his hands.
Yes, the trail is water-based. I agreed to that. However, Poseidon was still moving at >Supersonic speeds due to the shockwave at the start of his descent, the sound he makes when he's nearing the Titan, and the fact that he unbalanced it simply by bullrushing it. You're reaching to try and say he wasn't moving faster than Sound.

It's either Lightning, or Light. Pick one.
Helios is a little weird. His face could glow, but at the same time, the Light could actually kill stuff. His chariot was a bright fireball. There's also one time where he releases Light against Perses, and there's an explosion.
Poseidon turned into water when he died, and released a Tidal wave, while Zeus' body turned into Lightning when he died. So yes, it suggests they actually are what they govern, especially in the case of Zeus & Poseidon.

He did.

As long as we agree that Vergil's blood-slick is superior to all

Turning people into vampire slaves =/= seduction... then again..

Still, can't really suggest another speed.
Yeah I gotta admit, she certainly doesn't look like the average greek in GoW. Kinda get the guys rage.
Shows how smart these gods are then :<
Meh, main point is that wall running is impossible to put a number on. Still want to see CC's horizon comic feat.
Psh, thats nothing. I got flames and go-faster stripes on /my/ shoes. Thats lightspeed right there brah.

As soon as it starts raising out of the water there are two frames where the camera is parallel to the horsething. Dude I dunno where 6cm came from, that was days ago.. admittedly even if you asked me right after I would have most likely forgotten >_>. Sir I dare you to call a skyscraper tall rock-woman stocky, and totally lost me on that water structure thing :I
Re-done, using that patch of green as a the base point as the camera at this moment is raising up with the thingie. Totals 36m as the distance traveled, and it takes one frame (not two) to reach this part. 36m/1f = 1,080m/s. Ma3.174.

Only if diving is Canadiadian for bending down. As soon as he puts his head down for the dive that effect appears, its only after that that he begins to his dive.
Just made the opposition .5% lightspeed /fail
Easy, its cos he can't walk down a vertical mountain . Ok speed may have been a factor, but not an important one. Science-wise even if he was supersonic that would only be adding 7k newtons to his strength. And peak human is 1k just to show how much it adds. Ahkay thought you were saying that the trail was part of some supersonic dealio. Following what I just before, watch his whole body below his shoulders. His body is not moving in that scene until a third of a second after the 'shockwave'. I suggest its the same as that trail thing. Only other explanation is that somehow him ducking into a dive position, and not particularly fast at that, breaks the sound barrier but his whole body taking off did not.

Gonna go with all three.
Think Ima just ignore Helios for this and for being a useless gow god.. Kay they might become it on their death bed, but they havnt been shown to turn into it at will. Like Poseidon needing the ocean or Zeus calling lightning to his hands from the clouds. The only thing that suggests that Zeus can turn into lightning is him leaving a glowing trail while dashing.

Yo man, dun go tricking me on unfamiliar grounds. Cos if I bring this up at the bi-annual Réunion de la Nerds and its wrong, Im gonna be facing alot of death pinches and mental brain-exploding rays...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 03:56 AM
NemeBro

... One of Zeus's abilities in the third game is turning into lightning and attacking Kratos. He does it in combat.

Noob.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 04:54 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Ah, didn't see it. Only saw a sparked dodge, the teleport and a dark cloud version of the light trail from the second game.. cba to look again, when does he do it?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 02:37 PM
Kuja9001

... One of Zeus's abilities in the third game is turning into lightning and attacking Kratos. He does it in combat.

Noob.

That isn't lightning

This is lightning

Zeus never did that.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 07:28 PM
Kuja9001 is currently offline Click here to Send Kuja9001 a Private Message Find more posts by Kuja9001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

As long as we agree that Vergil's blood-slick is superior to all

Turning people into vampire slaves =/= seduction... then again..

Still, can't really suggest another speed.
Yeah I gotta admit, she certainly doesn't look like the average greek in GoW. Kinda get the guys rage.
Shows how smart these gods are then :<
Meh, main point is that wall running is impossible to put a number on. Still want to see CC's horizon comic feat.
Psh, thats nothing. I got flames and go-faster stripes on /my/ shoes. Thats lightspeed right there brah.

As soon as it starts raising out of the water there are two frames where the camera is parallel to the horsething. Dude I dunno where 6cm came from, that was days ago.. admittedly even if you asked me right after I would have most likely forgotten >_>. Sir I dare you to call a skyscraper tall rock-woman stocky, and totally lost me on that water structure thing :I
Re-done, using that patch of green as a the base point as the camera at this moment is raising up with the thingie. Totals 36m as the distance traveled, and it takes one frame (not two) to reach this part. 36m/1f = 1,080m/s. Ma3.174.

Only if diving is Canadiadian for bending down. As soon as he puts his head down for the dive that effect appears, its only after that that he begins to his dive.
Just made the opposition .5% lightspeed /fail
Easy, its cos he can't walk down a vertical mountain. Ok speed may have been a factor, but not an important one. Science-wise even if he was supersonic that would only be adding 7k newtons to his strength. And peak human is 1k just to show how much it adds. Ahkay thought you were saying that the trail was part of some supersonic dealio. Following what I just before, watch his whole body below his shoulders. His body is not moving in that scene until a third of a second after the 'shockwave'. I suggest its the same as that trail thing. Only other explanation is that somehow him ducking into a dive position, and not particularly fast at that, breaks the sound barrier but his whole body taking off did not.

Gonna go with all three.
Think Ima just ignore Helios for this and for being a useless gow god.. Kay they might become it on their death bed, but they havnt been shown to turn into it at will. Like Poseidon needing the ocean or Zeus calling lightning to his hands from the clouds. The only thing that suggests that Zeus can turn into lightning is him leaving a glowing trail while dashing.

Yo man, dun go tricking me on unfamiliar grounds. Cos if I bring this up at the bi-annual Réunion de la Nerds and its wrong, Im gonna be facing alot of death pinches and mental brain-exploding rays...

Not Steve Austin's bald head.

He doesn't turn every girl into a vamp. Also, he can turn gais into girls.

Full speed then.
He's a cocky bastard. Kind of like Dante, except he holds back infinitely more
Dunno which one he's talking about. Might be this one where he runs past them from the background and appears as a blur
Kratos has wings on his feets. Wings on feets > all.

Random Titan would be like 30 meters then, which is impossible. GoW devs aren't that lazy. stick out tongue
Also, never mind, I believe it is this(V2) that originally came out of the water. Even if it is Concept art, it matches up near-perfectly with what happened in the game (when the Main Poseidon construct fell after Kratos removed Posedon, all the Hippocampi fell as well). Based on the concept art and what happened in-game, it would impossible for a single Hippocampi to come out of the water like that. In addition, in the intro, a mini-Hippocampi spawns from Poseidon's body, yet seems to still be joined to him. So yeah, it wasn't a Hippocampi, but Poseidon's construct, that came out of the water.

Watch it closely and use the stone ledge at the bottom of the screen as a reference. He had already start to move downwards once the shockwave started. That, or Poseidon can break the sound barrier just by moving his shoulders.
He can jump down it like Hades did though. You just say speed wasn't an important factor because you don't want Poseidon to be fast.
Was saying that before, but not anymore.
What do you mean his body is not moving? He's jumping off the ledge.

So FTL?
Eh, Zeus already turns into Lightning when he teleports. He does the same thing when moving fast, except we see him move. That's all there is to it. He also does not have to call Lightning down from the Clouds. He's perfectly capable of spawning it himself (Kratos with Zeus' Fury does this), or other shit like shooting it out of the ground, or creating clones made of Lightning. Poseidon is also capable of manipulating Lightning, so Zeus' Lightning is likely inherently more powerful due to his status.

Don't worry, I'll be there and defend you with a proper argument as to how GoW Zeus is really the father of DC's Wally West.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 10:18 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Kuja9001
That isn't lightning

This is lightning

Zeus never did that.
Go to 4:40.

Don't you ever try to contradict me.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 10:34 PM
Kuja9001

Go to 4:40.

Don't you ever try to contradict me.

You mean the clone and the teleport?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:47 PM
Kuja9001 is currently offline Click here to Send Kuja9001 a Private Message Find more posts by Kuja9001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Not Steve Austin's bald head.

He doesn't turn every girl into a vamp. Also, he can turn gais into girls.

Full speed then.
He's a cocky bastard. Kind of like Dante, except he holds back infinitely more
Dunno which one he's talking about. Might be this one where he runs past them from the background and appears as a blur
Kratos has wings on his feets. Wings on feets > all.

Random Titan would be like 30 meters then, which is impossible. GoW devs aren't that lazy.
Also, never mind, I believe it is this(V2) that originally came out of the water. Even if it is Concept art, it matches up near-perfectly with what happened in the game (when the Main Poseidon construct fell after Kratos removed Posedon, all the Hippocampi fell as well). Based on the concept art and what happened in-game, it would impossible for a single Hippocampi to come out of the water like that. In addition, in the intro, a mini-Hippocampi spawns from Poseidon's body, yet seems to still be joined to him. So yeah, it wasn't a Hippocampi, but Poseidon's construct, that came out of the water.

Watch it closely and use the stone ledge at the bottom of the screen as a reference. He had already start to move downwards once the shockwave started. That, or Poseidon can break the sound barrier just by moving his shoulders.
He can jump down it like Hades did though.You just say speed wasn't an important factor because you don't want Poseidon to be fast.
Was saying that before, but not anymore.
What do you mean his body is not moving? He's jumping off the ledge.

So FTL?
Eh, Zeus already turns into Lightning when he teleports. He does the same thing when moving fast, except we see him move. That's all there is to it. He also does not have to call Lightning down from the Clouds. He's perfectly capable of spawning it himself (Kratos with Zeus' Fury does this), or other shit like shooting it out of the ground, or creating clones made of Lightning. Poseidon is also capable of manipulating Lightning, so Zeus' Lightning is likely inherently more powerful due to his status.

Don't worry, I'll be there and defend you with a proper argument as to how GoW Zeus is really the father of DC's Wally West.

Are you saying Austin's baldness > Vergil, Dante and Dormammu's awesome to bishi hairstyles? Dems fightin' words

Vamp slaves, human slaves, sex slaves have many names. That... interests me

Suggest hypersonic and I will be inclined to hurl microwave pizza at you. And we know how hot those babies get
Dante's a cocky /man/, not a cocky wuss that runs from Kratos. Holding back my ass . Hmm, I hope thats not it. Doesn't even look supersonic... Worst speed god ever >___>
Gonna be sticking cardboard wings on mine then. Could run back in time me's thinks.

The devs had Kratos taking three whole days to climb a 264m temple <-< Thats like climbing 1mm per second, I don't trust them.
Though it doesnt look quite like it when it was rising, but assuming that it is; The body width is 20m [compared to the size of Gaia's hand and from Kratos to him], so Mach 6.348. If its this than its higher than the Ma3-4.5 I got, but well below those Ma17-30 figures.

The camera pan distorts it by zooming in to his body, but comparing the the stone edge to the zoom increase I can confirm he was only moving as fast as his initial movement. Frame it, when that 'shockwave' disperses he is still only at that stone ledge, not far from where he jumped from, followed by a slight pause then accelerated movement. A shockwave should of happened at that post-pause acceleration, not getting into a position. Supersonic headbanging?
..Touché. Nah, speed just wouldnt add that much strength. Ma1 punch =< Throwing 8 tons at human speed. Thats pebbles to Titan bashing.
Welllll, not moving at inhuman speed. He didnt move far between the jump and the pause.

Not sure what I just agreed to.. just gonna plead the fifth here.
If its teleporting he's not actually turning into lightning. 'Port =/= speed, 'n all. The two moves are different because the latter is actual movement, and this movement does not have him becoming lightning, only having it partially around him. Not all the time, no. But for his stronger moves he does call it down from the sky. And always thought Poseidon's was bio-electricity like that boss in Zelda..

Gon' show those those nerds whose boss

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 12:46 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Are you saying Austin's baldness > Vergil, Dante and Dormammu's awesome to bishi hairstyles? Dems fightin' words

Vamp slaves, human slaves, sex slaves have many names. That... interests me

Suggest hypersonic and I will be inclined to hurl microwave pizza at you. And we know how hot those babies get
Dante's a cocky /man/, not a cocky wuss that runs from Kratos. Holding back my ass. Hmm, I hope thats not it. Doesn't even look supersonic... Worst speed god ever >___>
Gonna be sticking cardboard wings on mine then. Could run back in time me's thinks.

The devs had Kratos taking three whole days to climb a 264m temple <-< Thats like climbing 1mm per second, I don't trust them.
Though it doesnt look quite like it when it was rising, but assuming that it is; The body width is 20m [compared to the size of Gaia's hand and from Kratos to him], so Mach 6.348. If its this than its higher than the Ma3-4.5 I got, but well below those Ma17-30 figures.

The camera pan distorts it by zooming in to his body, but comparing the the stone edge to the zoom increase I can confirm he was only moving as fast as his initial movement. Frame it, when that 'shockwave' disperses he is still only at that stone ledge, not far from where he jumped from, followed by a slight pause then accelerated movement. A shockwave should of happened at that post-pause acceleration, not getting into a position. Supersonic headbanging?
..Touché. Nah, speed just wouldnt add that much strength. Ma1 punch =< Throwing 8 tons at human speed. Thats pebbles to Titan bashing.
Welllll, not moving at inhuman speed. He didnt move far between the jump and the pause.

Not sure what I just agreed to.. just gonna plead the fifth here.
If its teleporting he's not actually turning into lightning. 'Port =/= speed, 'n all. The two moves are different because the latter is actual movement, and this movement does not have him becoming lightning, only having it partially around him. Not all the time, no. But for his stronger moves he does call it down from the sky. And always thought Poseidon's was bio-electricity like that boss in Zelda..

Gon' show those those nerds whose boss

Damn straight. Austin would stun them.

Bring those babies on.
Don't worry. Once he catches sight of Kratos, he'll be running away from him massively faster than Hermes did. Dunno. Can't really quantify it, except maybe that it looks like he's covering a large distance in that instant? Dunno. CC reads more comics than I do.
Wings on Feets can accomplish that too, and they can leap forward in Time as well.

It was more like a bulky hill back then, as opposed to the somewhat streamlined cone in GoW3. And that's assuming he climbed towards the temple in a straight line without any stops, and thus did not have to take a break or alter his course in some way.
Yeah, but it couldn't have been a single Hippocampi, and it was Poseidon who went into the water, so it had to have been that thing. 20m for the width of that thing? Looks more like 40-50 to me.
Also, I still don't approve of using its own hazy width to calc the distance traveled. That's like calc stacking.

I still see a a slight downward movement and I took into consideration the zoom. Meh.
Moar like Supersonic head-diving. Him jumping off that ledge was when that 'Boom' started. no expression
Good thing Poseidon was moving at hypersonic speeds. I'd also suggest he had more mass as he released a Tidal wave and raised the sea level by like a mile when he died, but then he'd have a lot more mass than the Titan did.

Zeus is FTL. stick out tongue
No, was saying he turned into Lightning, then just ported. To be honest, he's also displayed teleportation that looks completely different. More like giving off Lightning when he's moving, as opposed to having it around him.
Just that one bolt against Gaia and Kratos. The regular bolts have him spawning it in his palm.
Dunno what that boss in Zelda does, but Poseidon can also summon Lightning from the Sky. Both him and Zeus could alter the Weather by taking deep breaths.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 02:09 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Kuja9001
You mean the clone and the teleport?
Yes, where he turns into lightning and teleports, noob.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 02:11 AM